Smells, I am sure she thought that the issue was not being able to afford clothes, I was not bitchy to her on the phone and I realize she was just doing her job. She was very nice. But when I explained the issue, she didn't get it. And why should she? This is not a thing most people have to deal with. Clothes are too small? Buy bigger. Problem solved. Except, in Hero's case, not so much.
I explained that I have been trying to find her ##### that fit since she was 2 and even if I buy bigger and hem them, there's only so much you can do. She kept going back to wanting to find financial resources and saying, "I just don't want her to get made fun of."
Seriously? She's going to be 80 lbs by kindergarten and you think some new ##### are going to keep her from getting picked on?
I'm sure she means well, but she really has no idea how impossible finding clothes has been. I was sincere when I said I should have invited her to try (without the expletives). Because then she might get that there is not a simple solution here.
What hurts is that people look at my kid and draw conclusions about what kind of parent I am because of her size, and it's seldom flattering. But there's nothing more I can do.
The part that cut deep was when she asked if maybe girlface dressed herself and I didn't see her before she got on the bus. Ouch.