Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Young man on the #6 bus, The Doors were not a British band.

Pages: 1 ... 731 732 [733] 734 735 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1348828 times)

0 Members and 224 Guests are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10980 on: February 16, 2012, 09:18:40 pm »

Twinings, Irish breakfast tea. It is really good.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10981 on: February 16, 2012, 09:43:34 pm »

As teas go, I prefer mint blends. Bigelow makes a good one.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10982 on: February 16, 2012, 10:00:29 pm »

I'm a major tea dork.  I have about seven teas on my desk here at the office and more than I can count at home.  Most are loose leaf teas.  I also have a lot of different steeping equipment.  Right now I am drinking an herbal - Aveda's Calming Tea, which is very nice.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10983 on: February 16, 2012, 11:54:13 pm »

I also have more teas than I can count, although about four of them are the ones I drink every day. One is the one that Nabu sent me for secret santa one year. Basically two black Indian teas, green jasmine, and a plain gingerroot tea with nothing else in it. And sometimes Morrocan mint - that green tea/mint blend. The jasmine is tea bags - Ten Ren brand. It's really good. The black teas are loose. I am a total snob about black tea in bags.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10984 on: February 17, 2012, 01:36:03 am »

Old Navy is having a sale. I spent 2 hours in the store with Chaos Girl. Eight t-shirts, six pairs of shorts, a new swimsuit, and two pairs of what passes for jeans on her (size 12 capris), plus a long-sleeved striped henley and two pairs of jeans for me, all for $165. Not too shabby.

Plus, we got to do the Fitting Room Dance. This is how you see if pants fit a kid: make them reach up to the sky, down to touch their toes, and wiggle their hips all around. If the pants are still where they should be after that, they fit. We do our dance to music, which I provide by singing "Dance, Magic Pants" a la David Bowie. You know the tune.

We got some strange looks. Maybe we should have kept our Dance Magic Pants in the dressing room instead of going out to where the big mirrors were. Ah, well.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10985 on: February 17, 2012, 04:09:53 am »

Today, I tried on some clothes and none of them fit me. I am scrawny with long arms and a slowly growing stomach. No store in America makes dress shoes that I like. I have spent probably 3 weeks looking for shoes. NO MORE. Zappos.com it is.

At lunch I was sitting and reading a book while I ate. My coworker walked by and said "Sup, Brains? Still smart?" Apparently "still trying" was a good answer. I think this was my favorite verbal exchange... ever.

This weekend I am going to Mardi Gras. The parade route is 2 miles or so from my house, so a bunch of us are going to pre-game and then walk there. I plan to get Judy drunk instead of InEv drunk.
... later that day, I hang out with my GF's parents.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10986 on: February 17, 2012, 06:25:36 pm »

Today, I am writing an email to my friend asking if we can meet and talk about how he got to where he is (head of a cool Historic Preservation research organization in the city). Looking at his bio on their website, it looks like he graduated from college with an unrelated degree and got involved with things as an amateur before having professional experience. Cool.

...unfortunately (for my stupid anxiety, not for any real reason) my friend emailed him yesterday and asked if he is looking for interns, and mentioned "Dan _____ is a friend of mine and has told me about all the cool stuff you do." So now I feel like I'm bombarding him.

In preparation for mardi gras, tonight my old roommate is coming over and we are doing Mardi Brats. Polish Bratwursts from this weird old Polish Sausage place, beer, spicy mustard. I guess we have to have Paczki too, right?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10987 on: February 18, 2012, 02:23:56 am »

Today I'm gonna walk through Toys R Us and see an attractive, late-twentysomething guy wearing nurse's scrubs and pushing a shopping cart with a sweet-looking little boy in the seat. I actually went a little weak in the knees for a moment. I had been walking briskly to the checkout counter with my purchase in hand, and I stopped in my tracks, mesmerized by this beautiful specimen of masculine sensitivity.

Holy hell, it was sexy. Which surprises me, because while I have long found male nurses to be the epoch of hotness, I didn't realize that adding a toddler to the mix would have such an impact.

Wonder if he cooks?
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10988 on: February 18, 2012, 04:28:25 am »

Don't do it! It seems like all kinds of fun until you get into it, and then it's a huge pain in the ass!

(Actually, it's mostly awesome.)
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10989 on: February 18, 2012, 01:39:40 pm »

Today, I am writing an email to my friend asking if we can meet and talk about how he got to where he is (head of a cool Historic Preservation research organization in the city). Looking at his bio on their website, it looks like he graduated from college with an unrelated degree and got involved with things as an amateur before having professional experience. Cool.

...unfortunately (for my stupid anxiety, not for any real reason) my friend emailed him yesterday and asked if he is looking for interns, and mentioned "Dan _____ is a friend of mine and has told me about all the cool stuff you do." So now I feel like I'm bombarding him.

In preparation for mardi gras, tonight my old roommate is coming over and we are doing Mardi Brats. Polish Bratwursts from this weird old Polish Sausage place, beer, spicy mustard. I guess we have to have Paczki too, right?

Do you have any interest in doing actual restoration construction work?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10990 on: February 18, 2012, 05:55:39 pm »

I would definitely be interested. A guy I know keeps saying I can come help him fix up his house some time, so I can learn some stuff, but he never answers my calls. He is kind of an asshole.

I spent a huge amount of my day yesterday reading my friend's blog, and now I am just really sad. Looking at the history of this city, it's almost like we WANTED it to fail. Jeez. Also: horrific institutional racism.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10991 on: February 18, 2012, 06:14:26 pm »

Woo it's a long weekend here in Canada, and I started thing off yesterday with super happy fun time babysitting my super cute nephew followed by a visit to the liquor store to stock up.  Today I slept late then got up and made a quiche without a recipe (which I'm pretty proud of) that is resting right now. After eating I'm gonna take the pupster to the off leash park for a cute little run around.  Later still, I'm thinking of hitting up a look-a-like contest for the guy our day off is named after.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 11:48:13 pm by side_show »
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10992 on: February 18, 2012, 07:13:04 pm »

My friends are like 3 hours late to get to my house to drink before Mardi Gras. We are pretty pissed off.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10993 on: February 18, 2012, 07:20:37 pm »

Woo it's a long weekend here in Canada, and I stared thing off yesterday with super happy fun time babysitting my super cute nephew followed by a visit to the liquor store to stock up.  Today I slept late then got up and made a quiche without a recipe (which I'm pretty proud of) that is resting right now. After eating I'm gonna take the pupster to the off leash park for a cute little run around.  Later still, I'm thinking of hitting up a look-a-like contest for the guy our day off is named after.

It's not a long weekend for me but we are having some people over and are making 3 kinds of quiche. I'm using Alton's "Refrigerator Pie" recipe for the actual royale but we're making up the fillings. We have Peruvian roast chicken, chipotles with adobe, and taco cheese in one. Another will have bacon and the third be vegetarian.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10994 on: February 19, 2012, 04:51:34 am »

My friends are like 3 hours late to get to my house to drink before Mardi Gras. We are pretty pissed off.

Eh, you'll turn it around.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: 1 ... 731 732 [733] 734 735 ... 878   Go Up