Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Listen, I've been duped by "English-speaking" pizza places before.

Pages: 1 ... 733 734 [735] 736 737 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1348830 times)

0 Members and 224 Guests are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11010 on: February 21, 2012, 04:16:15 am »

When I read PTO I think of this.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11011 on: February 21, 2012, 06:14:14 am »

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11012 on: February 21, 2012, 06:55:38 am »

yeah!! Just got a response from my friend who I emailed. We are getting lunch Saturday. The other day instead of looking for jobs I just read through several years worth of his blog. He has an impressive body of work. I am excited to talk to him about it.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11013 on: February 21, 2012, 08:37:18 am »

yeah!! Just got a response from my friend who I emailed. We are getting lunch Saturday. The other day instead of looking for jobs I just read through several years worth of his blog. He has an impressive body of work. I am excited to talk to him about it.

Don't get too hammered.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11014 on: February 21, 2012, 11:19:24 am »

Oddly, people still ask me if I have holidays off. I don't even know how that would work. It's like asking Lprkn if he gets them off.

If it's a federal holiday, I do. Unless I'm doing something for work, then I don't. I had a 3-day weekend for the Super Bowl, because of the international date line thing.

The military technically gets 30 paid days off per year, but whether you get to use them or not really depends on your work situation. I know guys who haven't taken any time off for 3 years or more, but that's partly their fault. Build up more than 60 days and it's "use it or lose it."
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11015 on: February 21, 2012, 11:33:18 am »

No, no. You don't get days off. It's like being a cop or a spaceman or some shit.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11016 on: February 21, 2012, 01:30:05 pm »

Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11017 on: February 21, 2012, 02:22:18 pm »

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11018 on: February 21, 2012, 04:21:27 pm »

this summer i'll celebrate (?) five years at my current job, which includes a bump to 20 days annual PTO - in addition to eleven paid holidays. working for a company in the gov't services industry has its benefits.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11019 on: February 21, 2012, 04:52:54 pm »

I do only work 208 days a year, so that's good,
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11020 on: February 21, 2012, 06:49:45 pm »

Y'know...I never had a real bitch with people getting gangs of time off but I've definitely heard the nuttering about spoiled ass teachers or gov't workers or whatever and how they're sucking off the tit with all the time off benefits.


I like to think of it as a sort of compensation for earning half what I would in the private sector.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11021 on: February 21, 2012, 09:13:51 pm »

That always spurs the obvious "then why aren't you getting it in the private sector" question.

I don't care what your specific personal reason is, eggman. I just figure a person can deal with their choices.

I'm happy with my choices, but I still like complaining.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11022 on: February 22, 2012, 03:22:22 am »

I'm happy with my choices, but I still like complaining.

fuck*ng word. Word to the maximum possible.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11023 on: February 22, 2012, 03:52:38 am »

Yeah, for real.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11024 on: February 22, 2012, 05:26:40 pm »

Perfect.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.
Pages: 1 ... 733 734 [735] 736 737 ... 878   Go Up