Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

When the creations of a genius collide with the mind of a layman, and produce an empty sound, there is little doubt as to which is at fault. - Salvador Dali

Pages: 1 ... 746 747 [748] 749 750 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1347879 times)

0 Members and 196 Guests are viewing this topic.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11205 on: March 28, 2012, 01:34:45 pm »

Last night my guitarin' partner and I went to an open mic and sang a few songs. It went OK. Playing while amplified is something that will take some getting used to.  It helped that it wasn't a big crowd, and for several of the acts that preceded us I thought "We can't be any worse than this guy."
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11206 on: March 28, 2012, 05:57:04 pm »

man, living with a roommate who don't eat no swine makes me crave swine. Pork butt is on sale at work for $1.30/lb, so I am making some carnitas and swallowing my guilt.

More for you.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11207 on: March 28, 2012, 06:05:42 pm »

This funny thing happens at work sometimes. I get so into my own head that I confuse my thoughts with the real world. I don't think I've ever had this happen in my normal life.   Yesterday a lady told me about how there is a huge lottery drawing this week, and I started thinking about what I would spend the money on if I won the lottery. As it approached time to leave for the day, I caught myself thinking "OK, where should I go to buy that guitar?"
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11208 on: March 28, 2012, 07:49:47 pm »

Dude, you're bored shitless at work?

I read that as bored shirtless, which would make a really cool '80s metal video. Ted Nugent all walking in place on the conveyer belt while rocking out on the solo.  Hell yes!
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11209 on: March 28, 2012, 08:28:59 pm »

I do frequently take off my shirt at work. This is why I'm up for a promotion to Meat Manager.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11210 on: March 28, 2012, 08:55:12 pm »

I've got some "meat" you can "manage" right here.

Sorry, guys, it had to be said.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11211 on: March 28, 2012, 08:56:45 pm »

Keep it in your #####, lady.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11212 on: March 29, 2012, 10:05:58 pm »

Hammering swords into ploughshares?
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11213 on: March 30, 2012, 02:16:32 am »

Holy shit, I think I just learned how to make Chili. Yesterday we made Carnitas because Pork Butt was on sale for 1.25 a pound. Today I took a dollop of leftover grease and a little bit of the pork and cooked it with pinto beans. This might be the best thing I've ever made.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11214 on: March 30, 2012, 01:42:00 pm »

I LIKE ALL CHILI WHETHER IT HAS BEANS IN IT OR NOT SO THERE.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11215 on: March 30, 2012, 02:11:03 pm »

i have had decent meat-free chili before so okay let's not get crazy now
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11216 on: March 30, 2012, 02:30:37 pm »

Last night 3 friends came over and we played Eurorails. We started at 9 and finished at 3. There were breaks -- I had to put my kids back in bed a few times, we decided to make brownies at 11, three of us were using my kids' crayons and coloring books to make pictures while we were waiting for the others to take their turns -- but it was pretty ridiculous. 

We had a blast, but holy crap, am I glad that we have Nick Junior in the world. After my son got on the bus, my daughter spent two hours on the computer playing Dora the Explorer games on the internet while I dozed within earshot on the couch.

You would think that having two kids would have turned me into a grownup by now, but apparently it hasn't.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11217 on: March 30, 2012, 02:36:59 pm »

You would think that having two kids would have turned me into a grownup by now, but apparently it hasn't.

Let's hope it never does.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11218 on: March 30, 2012, 03:43:43 pm »

Kids are meant to keep you young, yes? You're just an overachiever.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11219 on: March 30, 2012, 05:33:46 pm »


5 AM - hit gym, ran 6 miles in 45 minutes for the first time in a decade.


Damn!  9 minute miles -- pretty sweet.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.
Pages: 1 ... 746 747 [748] 749 750 ... 878   Go Up