Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that there is no way to put a picture of a pug in the News Box?

Pages: 1 ... 747 748 [749] 750 751 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1347793 times)

0 Members and 186 Guests are viewing this topic.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11220 on: March 30, 2012, 06:38:58 pm »

Cutting my times down has been kinda a goal with me. Also...try the math again. I'm happy about it but it still only puts me in the middle (maybe) of the pack at any local 10k. Still, I'm more trying to fight off age here than regain youth so it's cool.

stupid arithmetic.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11221 on: March 30, 2012, 08:43:45 pm »

From a lady who's best time was a 10 minute mile, I hearitly congradulate you.  I would never even aspire to a 7 1/2 min mile in my dreams.  After all I am only 5'3 and have stumpy leg syndrome. 
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11222 on: March 30, 2012, 09:49:39 pm »

Well, I guess that partially explains why we never caught you, but now that we've come to know one another, could you please stop turning the cows milk sour?
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11223 on: April 02, 2012, 08:09:38 pm »

haha!  dignity is for wussies, anyway.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Jaded Tersk

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 49
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 166
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11224 on: April 02, 2012, 10:11:43 pm »

My missus got adult chicken pox at the age of 46.  It is so lame.  Her immune system is fucked from having MS, so it just makes everything worse.  I was supposed to use the weekend to write an essay, but just sat paralysed by the sad.

Now I've got hella assignment anxiety, but I'm using all my energy to just worry as much as possible.
Logged

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11225 on: April 02, 2012, 11:32:09 pm »

My missus got adult chicken pox at the age of 46.  It is so lame.  Her immune system is fucked from having MS, so it just makes everything worse.  I was supposed to use the weekend to write an essay, but just sat paralysed by the sad.

Now I've got hella assignment anxiety, but I'm using all my energy to just worry as much as possible.

good vibes and prayers for the both of you's.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11226 on: April 03, 2012, 02:43:39 am »

Sorry dude.  Now go kick ass on some assignments.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11227 on: April 03, 2012, 06:16:27 am »

went to Chi-town for the weekend. Remember those nice pigs I met last weekend? One of them got half-ate, possibly by the family dog. The lady's reaction to this was... pretty intense.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11228 on: April 05, 2012, 01:00:49 pm »

shit i need some propane.

And a sedative.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11229 on: April 05, 2012, 03:12:00 pm »

nobody needs propane

CHARCOAL 4 LYFFE
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11230 on: April 05, 2012, 04:23:58 pm »

life is a carcinogen. flavor is irreplaceable

(though i learned a great trick for faking smokey flavor on the stovetop: splash a little mezcal in what you're cooking with enough time for the alcohol to cook out)
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11231 on: April 05, 2012, 04:50:05 pm »

Today I'm gonna start my five-day long weekend off right with sleeping in, lazy Internet time, followed by lunch out, a run, then some much needed shopping.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11232 on: April 05, 2012, 05:33:01 pm »

allergies can bite my ass.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11233 on: April 05, 2012, 05:47:58 pm »

but the burnt woods is part of what i do to it for flavor - in addition to dry aging and seasoning and flame broiling. charcoal is tricky and besides you don't want to make a house out of hickory; why is a fire or a steak any less honest a thing than a house or a boat.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11234 on: April 05, 2012, 06:02:47 pm »

Like...propane?

You are burning propane. Why are you trying to get rid of propane? What have you got against C3H8?

The best possible solution is to burn something that you're trying to get rid of (like left over wood from building something) and *also* harness the heat released in the process to make something else. Like a delicious steak. Use every part of the buffalo, dude.

I'm in the charcoal camp, here. Keep the gas on the stovetop and give me charcoal in the backyard. Smells like the forth of July.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson
Pages: 1 ... 747 748 [749] 750 751 ... 878   Go Up