Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

RT@achewood New Roast Beef band name: THE DATA-TONES

Pages: 1 ... 750 751 [752] 753 754 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1346019 times)

0 Members and 168 Guests are viewing this topic.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11265 on: April 08, 2012, 12:58:03 pm »

Even 30 seconds later I knew all sorts of things I should have said back to him, but in the moment I just said "ok" and walked away.
This was the right thing to do.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11266 on: April 08, 2012, 02:43:23 pm »

dont they* call that e'sprit d'escalier(sp?)?

*french people
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11267 on: April 08, 2012, 07:30:26 pm »

I don't understand how many times I need to tell family and loved ones "if you don't tell me two weeks in advance, I can't get the day off." My parents and girlfriend have apparently never worked somewhere where you had to ask for time off in advance? This seems unpossible.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11268 on: April 08, 2012, 07:49:15 pm »

It used to be, certain days all businesses were closed on certain holidays and such (so you didn't have to ask for them off), but more and more that's not the case.  Is that were the confusion lies with your mom?  In Canada, we have Easter Monday, which I guess is not a thing in the US.  It used to be that everything was closed on Monday, and I do have the day off tomorrow, but I was confused about why my husband doesn't have the day off and must have asked him three times about this.

Paul, thanks for sharing that - I had seen that painting before, but hadn't connected it with Rockwell.  Beautiful.  What a cute little girl.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11269 on: April 08, 2012, 09:47:51 pm »

no, my family just loves to make plans to come to see me without giving me 2 weeks notice. In this case, the girl is coming in 1.5 weeks and I am probably going to have work all weekend.

Funny: my roommates and friends are INTENT on ascribing that asshole who harassed me to "hipster anarchists who hang around Cherokee street." No matter how many times I explain that he was some random 30 year old working-class dude who wandered in drunk, they keep trying to shift the narrative to "ugh I hate those hipster anarchists in that part of town."
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11270 on: April 08, 2012, 10:01:15 pm »

FYI my family drops in to see us without any notice what so over, so asking for two weeks sounds like a total luxury to me.  They live about an hour and a half away.  The worst is when they call to say they're dropping by, but will not (no matter how much I or hubby ask) narrow down a time that they will arrive.  We sometimes manage to force them to narrow it down to morning or afternoon, but mostly it's like "ah fuck they called and they're coming and the house is a diasaster!  Just what I wanted - spending the next three hours feverishly cleaning instead of being leisurely about it and spreading the work out over the whole weekend."
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11271 on: April 09, 2012, 02:17:51 am »

What is it?  It looks like lump charcoal in a paint can.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11272 on: April 09, 2012, 02:56:16 am »

Don't worry, most of the paint was burned out before they put the meat on.

Is lighting the coals without fluid the latest macho bullshit move? I hadn't heard.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11273 on: April 09, 2012, 03:44:44 am »

when I worked at camp we called lighter fluid "boyscout juice." It was "not allowed" but someone always mysteriously found some if the wood was too damp for smores.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11274 on: April 09, 2012, 06:58:18 am »

who's got two thumbs and is rather happy right now
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Mr Trout

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65528
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 493
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11275 on: April 09, 2012, 07:47:28 am »

when I worked at camp we called lighter fluid "boyscout juice." It was "not allowed" but someone always mysteriously found some if the wood was too damp for smores.

when I was in scouts it was always called Boyscout Water. Oh the stuff we burned.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11276 on: April 09, 2012, 10:01:56 am »

I'm sorry to be so naive, but is "boyscout juice," or "boyscout water" a derisive term against the boyscouts?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11277 on: April 09, 2012, 07:01:08 pm »

I've never grilled. I always lived in apartments that don't allow it unless you use their gross communal grills. Plus my parents are terrible at it so growing up grill days always had an "ugh" feel to them. My uncle's awesome at it, though. He grills everything, even his morning bacon. He used to use propane but switched over to a hard natural gas line in the garage.

Oh, and tonight I get to be a seat-filler at WWE Raw. It should be interesting.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11278 on: April 09, 2012, 11:21:54 pm »

...get an assignment to write an article that will include barbed cat c*ckes!
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11279 on: April 10, 2012, 06:25:58 am »

We have a customer who is, for lack of better words, a preppy bum. He is a homeless person who dresses like some sort of upper-crust WASP. But with a weird homeless twist. The first time he came through my line, I did a double take-- he was wearing a polo shirt, aviators, white tennis shoes... and boxer briefs. No shorts. He was very friendly, clean-shaven, etc. I convinced myself he was just out for a run or something. Later I saw him getting kicked out of the store (I never heard why... maybe someone was made uncomfortable by his dick outline?) and he was yelling and arguing with the security guard. Then I saw him several times around town-- always wearing a different "preppy" outfit, asking for change or digging through recycling bins for bottles and cans. Today he came in again, again wearing boxer-briefs as shorts.

Now I'm thinking about all the crazy, revealing clothing I see people wearing. Highlight of the week was the lady in the see-through shirt.

Although today I had a gorgeous woman around my age. her ##### were "sagging," and I swear to god I saw the edge of a neatly trimmed bush. When things like this happen I try really hard to act like I am bored and not paying attention.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 ... 750 751 [752] 753 754 ... 878   Go Up