Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Sssshhh...I'm discovering Sleater-Kinney. This is a special time in a boy's life.

Pages: 1 ... 751 752 [753] 754 755 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1346822 times)

0 Members and 183 Guests are viewing this topic.

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11280 on: April 10, 2012, 05:29:02 pm »

Hey... you don't mow the lawn and then throw a tarpaulin over it so that no one may view it.   

No!  You get a lawn chair and have a gentleman's beer as you survey your kingdom that all may admire.   This nice lady just wanted to proudly display her work.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11281 on: April 10, 2012, 07:07:46 pm »

Today I'm gonna make a playlist on my iPhone called "CLEAN IT UP," with a bunch of upbeat music. Then I'm gonna realize that I don't have the version of "Layla" that I was expecting.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11282 on: April 10, 2012, 07:21:31 pm »

Today I'm gonna make a playlist on my iPhone called "CLEAN IT UP," with a bunch of upbeat music. Then I'm gonna realize that I don't have the version of "Layla" that I was expecting.

What version is there other than the original and the Live at the Fillmore version (which I can't find on YouTube)?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11283 on: April 10, 2012, 07:28:05 pm »

There's the 1992 Unplugged version, which is the one I have on my phone. Not conducive to high-speed housecleaning.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11284 on: April 10, 2012, 08:21:17 pm »

This job asked for my college transcript. That's a new one! This made me look at my college transcript, which was a mean trick. Damn, I probably could have gotten much better grades in college. Aren't I supposed to never worry about grades again?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11285 on: April 10, 2012, 08:28:47 pm »

I don't think that's right. Not till I finished my PhD did I assume I never had to worry about anyone asking about my grades again.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11286 on: April 10, 2012, 09:07:08 pm »

As little as I enjoy the idea of moving to Chicago, it is insane how different the job listings there are. I guess being around seven times bigger makes a big difference. Not to mention all the universities, it being a place people want to live, etc. Although I suppose I am competing with seven times as many people.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11287 on: April 10, 2012, 10:58:42 pm »

There's the 1992 Unplugged version, which is the one I have on my phone. Not conducive to high-speed housecleaning.

Ah yes, I had forgotten about that.  I also forgot about his "One More Car, One More Driver" album.  The one time I saw Clapton perform was on this tour.  At the time he had been having a streak of easy listening hits in the wake of Tears in Heaven and I was expecting him to play that treacly stuff, but he also retooled the rest of his material, making it softer.  Even the Cream songs had a bit of an easy listening vibe to it.  The fans who came to hear Tears in Heaven were eating it up, but I was aghast.

So yeah, if you wanna listen to Layla you gotta take it back to the source material.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11288 on: April 11, 2012, 04:39:21 pm »

My daughter is playing dress-up with my friend's son. He put on a cop uniform and she dressed up like a flapper. I think they're playing LA Noire. Can't be sure.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11289 on: April 11, 2012, 05:09:13 pm »

Did you know: When giving a presentation, if you want to significantly highlight a caveat or qualifier on something, I suppose if you really want to you could say "However comma" to introduce it. What you should definitely not do is say "however comma" every single time you say "however."
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11290 on: April 11, 2012, 05:12:51 pm »

Did you know: When giving a presentation, if you want to significantly highlight a caveat or qualifier on something, I suppose if you really want to you could say "However comma" to introduce it. What you should definitely not do is say "however comma" every single time you say "however."

Thanks to my AP English teacher to this day I can't hear or see the word "diction" without mentally adding "comma word choice comma." He really wanted us all to use the phrasing on our AP tests so he said it out loud like that all the time to drill it into us.
Logged

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11291 on: April 11, 2012, 05:17:56 pm »

...post the sound from last night's standup.

This was set #14.   Next month, I'll have been doing this for a year.   I only did it 5 times in all of 2011 though.  The other 9 were all in the last month and a half.  I've been really going after it.   Each time I get better, and my demeanor is easier...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGL0r6Um64Y
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11292 on: April 13, 2012, 05:14:58 am »

So fbomb wasted. Thats 2x this year, we on a fuckin roll.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11293 on: April 13, 2012, 05:24:28 am »

It was too short.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11294 on: April 13, 2012, 05:51:20 am »

damn. Someone posted a picture of something I have passed 100000 times in St Louis on reddit and got 100000000 imaginary internet points. With a racist caption. I just thought it was kind of funny because is is so bizarre looking.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 ... 751 752 [753] 754 755 ... 878   Go Up