Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No, Philippe! Too soon!

Pages: 1 ... 768 769 [770] 771 772 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1341237 times)

0 Members and 133 Guests are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11535 on: May 17, 2012, 01:06:53 am »

Once or twice a hitch I work with this guy name Leon. I always need to remember not to say "Leon's getting larger" during any interaction with him.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11536 on: May 18, 2012, 04:46:30 pm »

...see Betty White getting a tour of the Reptile House. Is anyone impressed by this? Because everyone but me was incredibly excited by this.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11537 on: May 18, 2012, 04:49:53 pm »

...see Betty White getting a tour of the Reptile House. Is anyone impressed by this? Because everyone but me was incredibly excited by this.

It made the top of the hour news on WTOP
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11538 on: May 18, 2012, 05:02:11 pm »

...see Betty White getting a tour of the Reptile House. Is anyone impressed by this? Because everyone but me was incredibly excited by this.

Betty White's a'ight but the phenomenon in general seems like hipster irony at this point. I thought Ash was going to go in a "how did you know which one to let leave the reptile house" direction.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11539 on: May 18, 2012, 05:18:23 pm »

It made the top of the hour news on WTOP WJM.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11540 on: May 18, 2012, 06:43:27 pm »

At first I thought the ironic campy hipster love for Betty White was insincere and exploitative, but I've seen enough interviews with her now that I've realized that she's totally aware of the phenomenon and even actively participating, and she seems to view it as a way to prove that old people do not have to be irrelevant. So that's cool.

But I wouldn't, like, cream myself if I met her in person or anything.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11541 on: May 18, 2012, 08:11:17 pm »

Wait is that a MTM reference or did Betty make the radio out in Can-tuck-ee as well?

And if Betty made the radio/TV out there after this morning's Louisville news...

*weeps*

An MTM reference. 

But what happened in Louisville this morning?  Are you talking about what happened yesterday afternoon?  Cause that was pretty wacky.   
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11542 on: May 18, 2012, 08:25:28 pm »

Watched Facebutt's comical IPO. For most of the morning NASDAQ couldn't even get that Spruce Goose in the air. Made a lot of nerds and Bono very rich, though.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11543 on: May 18, 2012, 09:24:34 pm »

http://blogtown.portlandmercury.com/BlogtownPDX/archives/2012/05/18/the-12th-annual-pug-crawl - Perhaps the 13th Annual Pug Crawl is the correct place to have a Touamb convention.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11544 on: May 19, 2012, 05:46:39 pm »

The previous owners of our house put a plastic storage container inside the attic to catch water from the leaky roof.

I'm going to say that again, because it bears repeating: The previous owners. Of our house. Put a PLASTIC STORAGE CONTAINER inside the ATTIC to catch WATER from the LEAKY ROOF.

And then, when we asked about the obvious damage to the interior ceiling before making an offer, told us, "Oh, it used to leak, but we fixed it."

With a plastic storage container, apparently.

……………………………………..________
………………………………,.-’”……………….“~.,
………………………..,.-”……………………………..”-.,
…………………….,/………………………………………..”:,
…………………,?………………………………………………\,
………………./…………………………………………………..,}
……………../………………………………………………,:`^`..}
……………/……………………………………………,:”………/
…………..?…..__…………………………………..:`………../
…………./__.(…..”~-,_…………………………,:`………./
………../(_….”~,_……..”~,_………………..,:`…….._/
……….{.._$;_……”=,_…….”-,_…….,.-~-,},.~”;/….}
………..((…..*~_…….”=-._……”;,,./`…./”…………../
…,,,___.\`~,……”~.,………………..`…..}…………../
…………(….`=-,,…….`……………………(……;_,,-”
…………/.`~,……`-………………………….\……/\
………….\`~.*-,……………………………….|,./…..\,__
,,_……….}.>-._\……………………………..|…………..`=~-,
…..`=~-,_\_……`\,……………………………\
……………….`=~-,,.\,………………………….\
…………………………..`:,,………………………`\…………..__
……………………………….`=-,……………….,%`>–==“
…………………………………._\……….._,-%…….`\
……………………………..,<`.._|_,-&“…………….`
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11545 on: May 19, 2012, 08:13:52 pm »

At this point I'm wondering if there could be some legal recourse. I do not think we would have bought this house at the price we paid for it if we had known how bad the roof was and how long it had been let go. As I understand it, lying on a homeowner's disclosure form is illegal.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11546 on: May 19, 2012, 08:58:52 pm »

...see Betty White getting a tour of the Reptile House. Is anyone impressed by this? Because everyone but me was incredibly excited by this.

I think she is delightful and I say that entirely without irony. If I saw this in person, I wouldn't be incredibly excited, but I'd be pretty pleased. Should it make the news? I don't know. I don't watch the news.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11547 on: May 19, 2012, 11:41:06 pm »

At this point I'm wondering if there could be some legal recourse. I do not think we would have bought this house at the price we paid for it if we had known how bad the roof was and how long it had been let go. As I understand it, lying on a homeowner's disclosure form is illegal.

I would be interested to know how this goes. A long time ago we bought a house and they said there was hardwood under the carpet and it turned out to be cheap cork tile, but our agent said there was nothing we could do about it. Although it was possible that this was more like, it wasn't worth the effort of what we could do about it - the gravity of the offense might be seen as less than a plastic tub being called a roof repair.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11548 on: May 20, 2012, 01:43:54 am »

I think you're SOL i your home inspection didn't ring it up during the phase you had to find that kinda thing and negotiate about it. I hope I'm wrong but I'm thinking, door::ax.

Yeah, probably. Even if I had a legal leg to stand on, it probably wouldn't be worth it. But I just hate to feel like people are getting away with dick-headedness, and axe::door isn't really my scene.

(Beats me why some people suck. Sure as hell ain't my scene.)

'Sides, Pedro thinks it was probably put there by the guy who flipped the house back in '92 and did a shitty-ass job of it. The lady who lived here immediately before us didn't know shit about dick, and the rest of the house was so neglected, Pedro thinks she wasn't smart enough to be that dumb.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11549 on: May 20, 2012, 02:25:33 am »

Usually you can only recover in a situation like this if the damage involved was a "known hidden defect".   If the seller knows about the condition, and it's in a part of the structure that's normally hidden or very difficult to see.  Roof damage is usually right out in the open, likewise with a plastic water-catchin' box in the attic.  You might have more of a beef with your inspector, if you had an inspection done.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.
Pages: 1 ... 768 769 [770] 771 772 ... 878   Go Up