Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood It's National Johnny Cash Raise Hell Awareness Saturday Night. Go out and Fuck Shit Up in a Way That You Believe In!

Pages: 1 ... 770 771 [772] 773 774 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1344802 times)

0 Members and 127 Guests are viewing this topic.

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11565 on: May 25, 2012, 02:46:11 pm »

Won't someone think of the homophobes and bigots?
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11566 on: May 25, 2012, 09:29:03 pm »

Went to the birthday party of my mega-hotttt friend who I have had the biggest crush on for years. Met her boyfriend who I kind of wanted to hate. He is a really nice guy and I think we are friends now. I went on my classic St Louis rant to these silly hipsters (art galleries and indie bands are all well and good, but sometimes this city's elite pretends that only Hipsters and Yuppies live in this city-- what about the other ~200k people here?). He was a fan, invited me to go on a float trip next weekend, and gave me his business card.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11567 on: May 26, 2012, 05:09:27 pm »

Today I am invited to a BBQ, but the hosts refuse to answer their phone to tell me where they live. Really guys?

I guess the worst that can happen is having a ton of watermelon lemonade for the next week...
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11568 on: May 26, 2012, 08:55:09 pm »

I guess you'll just have to get some vodka to mix with that watermelon lemonade, Dan.

You know what they say, when life gives you lemonade, just add booze.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11569 on: May 26, 2012, 09:31:06 pm »



$34 in parts and 2.5 hours.

Repair shop wanted $294. Fuck them right in the neck.

I have no idea what is going on in that photo, so in my case $294 is a worth throwing money at such a problem. 
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11570 on: May 27, 2012, 12:31:58 am »

I don't even know what part of what thing that is a photo of.

And I wish I had some watermelon lemonade, that sounds fantastic.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11571 on: May 27, 2012, 02:08:01 am »

I don't even know what part of what thing that is a photo of.

Now this is a total guess:  vehicle breaks?
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11572 on: May 27, 2012, 02:52:42 am »

Today I am going to hear someone say "Land Shark". That reference has to be 35 years old. I have a hard time believing the person who said it ever actually saw it.
That would put me at 5 years younger than the skit, but I have seen it thanks to Comedy Central reruns and the like. Are you suggesting that other kids in my generation didn't spend 6 hours a day watching the looping content on Comedy Central?
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11573 on: May 27, 2012, 03:53:54 am »

Is that the floor of your garage Ash?  It looks disturbingly, unnervingly clean.  As the daughter of an autobody teacher, I always think people with clean garage floors must have either soft, uncalloused hands and a lack of practical skill in regard to repairs, or a lot of bodies buried in their back yard.    Since you don't fit into category A...  I'd prefer to re-examin and add a catagory C.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11574 on: May 27, 2012, 04:16:24 am »

Today I thought I did something really stupid to my car. It turned out that I had done a different stupid thing that was easy to fix. Remember to put caps back where you found them, people.

I have decided that I am not going to pay anyone to do anything to my bike. When I bought my new seat the guy somehow talked me into paying him 5$ to PUT THE SEAT ON THE BIKE FOR ME. That is not happening again. And since a bike can't explode and only cost 140$, I will not feel too bad if I screw it up somehow. My old roommate gave me a book about fixing bikes for my birthday, so I am committed to learning how to fix this thing. If only something would go wrong so I could learn how to fix it!

The watermelonade is really disappointing and I'm not sure why. Three people have tried it, and I have gotten the following suggestions:
1. more lemon
2. more watermelon
3. more sugar
so I guess I can rule out it needing more... water?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11575 on: May 27, 2012, 04:37:43 am »

We have these awesome anarchist cyclists here who host a few volunteer centres around the city where they teach people how to fix their bikes  for free and offer parts from salvaged bikes they've collected.  It's a really interesting place to check out and a unique little subculture of folks with deep rooted politics that somehow all boil down to empowerment and bikes.  My bike is in dire need of a tune up, and I'd like to relearn what to do myself.  I brought it to them a couple years ago when I had a problem, but I can't recall most of what they showed me.  Maybe if I film them this time I could reference the clip when I need another turn up.  I wonder if they'd be game for that.  I've had a bit of trouble comprehending their politics in the past and at one point offended one of them for reasons I can't quite understand.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11576 on: May 27, 2012, 06:19:21 am »

There is a weird anarchist bike thing here too. Also I got my bike from a place that teaches kids/teens to fix bikes, but not adults. My friend brought his bike there and they acted like he was crazy for thinking they would have anything to do with his bike.

Just went on a 12 mile night bike ride all over the south half of the city. Even went over a bridge and into a neighboring town for about ten minutes. Holy crap that was fun. Of course, I managed to drop my cell phone and shatter the screen. Also almost ate it when I was going really fast down a hill and hit a pothole. Adrenaline! Whooo! I am going to buy some gloves.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11577 on: May 27, 2012, 01:10:35 pm »

The watermelonade is really disappointing and I'm not sure why. Three people have tried it, and I have gotten the following suggestions:
1. more lemon
2. more watermelon
3. more sugar
so I guess I can rule out it needing more... water?

Perhaps all three of those comments actually equal, LESS water?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11578 on: May 27, 2012, 02:45:45 pm »


Just went on a 12 mile night bike ride all over the south half of the city.

Do they still have the Moonlight Ramble?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11579 on: May 27, 2012, 05:20:32 pm »

there is still the moonlight ramble, and then there is also the FBC (fuck*ng Bike Club) who go on huge disorganized bike rides around the city whenever there is a full moon.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 ... 770 771 [772] 773 774 ... 878   Go Up