Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

RT@achewood Would The Pet Shop Boys be nice to have over for Thanksgiving, or would they be a pain in the ass? It's really hard to tell.

Pages: 1 ... 772 773 [774] 775 776 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1341506 times)

0 Members and 212 Guests are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11595 on: June 05, 2012, 12:30:59 am »

Success! Definitely should have prepared some fresh salsa to eat with this. Delicious.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11596 on: June 05, 2012, 02:31:13 pm »

Hm, is there a fourth/fifth/twelfth option I could pitch to inev to confuse him even more about his job/money situation?

You just work as many days a week as you want to and the good Lord will provide, honey.

And I say this as an imaginary internet person.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11597 on: June 05, 2012, 04:53:33 pm »

The average home, I hear, has more televisions than people. Pedro and I, however, have decided to get rid of the TV in the playroom, which hasn't even been turned on in months, which will leave us with just one (very large) TV in the whole house.

But before you think we're sanctimonious people who don't believe in electronic entertainment, I should confess that by this time next week, we plan to have one computer for each family member -- plus two iPhones, four handheld gaming systems, an XBox, a Wii, and an e-reader.

So, yeah. We don't have cable, and we don't watch  much TV, but don't think for a moment that we don't plop our kids in front of a screen when we need them out of our hair. It's just, the screens they sit in front of have a keyboard and mouse attached.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 04:56:26 pm by jay-ell »
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11598 on: June 06, 2012, 01:43:52 am »

penis
c*ck
c*ck

Huh. We need a new filter.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11599 on: June 06, 2012, 12:29:36 pm »

Hi folks,

Sadly our grandma passed away last night after struggling with dementia for a long time.  I will be away from the boards (and any chance of the wifi signal for a while.  Sigh.  No matter how far away I saw it coming, there was nothing I could really do to prepare myself for this feeling.

Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11600 on: June 06, 2012, 04:03:45 pm »

I'll be thinking of you and your family today, s_s.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11601 on: June 06, 2012, 04:57:55 pm »

c*ck
c*ck
c*ck

Huh. We need a new filter.

Double dammit.

Whoops, edited the wrong post before the right one...fuck.

My brain is not on today. I'ma go before I do any more damage.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11602 on: June 06, 2012, 06:23:20 pm »

So sorry, Smells.

Dementia really really sucks.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11603 on: June 06, 2012, 07:12:44 pm »

Our thoughts are with you sMells.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11604 on: June 06, 2012, 07:44:59 pm »

What timing. My wife's grandmother passed away yesterday, having deteriorated rapidly over the past few months.

I'd like to think that she and Smells' grandma met each other in the waiting area and are chatting while drinking the complimentary champagne they give you while you wait. (It's a lot like the check-in line at Caesars Palace on a Friday evening, see.)
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11605 on: June 06, 2012, 11:38:26 pm »

If my post needs to be edited I think it better that I just take it away.

I didn't mean to edit yours; I was trying to fix mine and clicked "modify" on the wrong post. And apparently I still have global mod powers. By the time I noticed it was too late, and putting it back seemed...like even poorer form.

I am sorry.

But not as sorry as I am to hear Smells' sad news. I hope [deity] brings you comfort during this difficult time. Our thoughts are with you.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11606 on: June 07, 2012, 12:47:32 am »

I need to learn to care less about hurting peoples' feelings. But maybe wanting to tell people the critical things I think about them is just paying too much attention to my "I don't want my friends to do stupid things" feelings?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11607 on: June 07, 2012, 01:02:52 am »

I'm so sorry, SS.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11608 on: June 07, 2012, 01:38:56 am »

Very sorry to hear that side_show. My family has been there and it's terrible. And condolences to the Mayor's family.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11609 on: June 07, 2012, 03:28:02 am »

Mel, I am so sorry for your loss. Carlos, yours too. My thoughts are with you party people and your families.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 772 773 [774] 775 776 ... 878   Go Up