Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Young man on the #6 bus, The Doors were not a British band.

Pages: 1 ... 778 779 [780] 781 782 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1343305 times)

0 Members and 185 Guests are viewing this topic.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11685 on: June 23, 2012, 05:17:16 am »

for most things i try to avoid budget retailers but for plain, solid tees, i don't know that you can beat old navy for fit, comfort, or quality.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11686 on: June 23, 2012, 05:32:23 am »

Hmm. I used to wear Gap and Banana Republic but they just don't do it for me anymore. Maybe I change, maybe they change. Who knows? I'll have to try Old Navy.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11687 on: June 23, 2012, 07:56:07 am »

I have a sock problem. You see, I have this rule about socks, I won't throw them out unless they have a hole in the toe. A hole anywhere else on the sock is okay, it doesn't effect my comfort. I've found that when I buy new socks, and I wear white crew socks pretty much exclusively, that for awhile I will have nice new socks to wear, but ultimately they start to blend in with the other socks in the drawer and become just another sock to wear.

I decided that I was going to throw out my entire collection of socks and start from scratch and only have new socks to wear. I decided this back in December when I received a bag o socks for Christmas. I thought, I'm gonna put these socks aside and not open the bag until all of these other socks have bitten the dust. That bag o socks is still sitting on top of my chest of drawers.

Here's where the problem begins because it's Death Takes a Holiday in my sock drawer. My socks are getting more ragged by the day, but not the toes, they are doing just fine and so I keep wearing them. I've only been able to throw out 2 socks since Christmas. It's weird because it's usually the toes that go first, but I have some socks that are more hole than sock at this point, but the toes just keep hanging in there.

I really want to start wearing new socks, but I'm also kinda rooting for the old socks now.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11688 on: June 23, 2012, 10:25:52 am »

A man does not need more than 6 pairs of white socks. They are also so cheap they're basically disposable. Let go of the holy socks, man.
Re: Shoes If you're not flying on Red Wings then you're flying coach. These things kick ass and take names.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 10:34:14 am by Arachno-capitalist »
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11689 on: June 23, 2012, 03:06:55 pm »

You only live once. Wear new socks.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11690 on: June 23, 2012, 03:08:43 pm »

Paul, I give you permission to throw away your holey socks. It's not like you're saving money by keeping them. You have a whole package of new ones begging to be worn. Toss the old ones. Your feet will be happier.

Cann'd for the "Death takes a Holiday" allusion, though. That cracked me up.

I buy all my everyday clothes at Old Navy. On an average day, I might dig in the dirt, sculpt with clay, paint, bake cupcakes, use glitter glue, spill food on myself, get sneezed, peed, or thrown up on, dance, wrestle, run, or play on a playground. So my uniform takes the form of Old Navy yoga ##### and a solid-color t-shirt. In the coldest part of winter, I add a pullover on top of the t-shirt. In the hottest part of summer, I substitute a knit skirt for the yoga #####. The clothes are solid enough to hold up to repeated washings, but cheap enough that if something gets horribly stained I don't have to feel terrible about throwing it away.

I also buy my son's jeans and shorts at Old Navy. He is at the age where he wants to wear t-shirts with his favorite characters on them (Angry Birds, Buzz Lightyear, and Lightning McQueen), so I spring for those but go cheap on the shorts.

I'm probably going to go to Old Navy today, actually. They are having a big sale and I have rewards cash to spend.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11691 on: June 23, 2012, 11:36:56 pm »

I just wanted to add that BTS punished on "You Were Right".

Fuckin' PUNISHED.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11692 on: June 23, 2012, 11:42:58 pm »

I decided I was going to throw out all of my socks and start over, but instead I just threw out the ones that are hard to match. All of the ones that say HANES on them somewhere survived. I have a ton of pairs of white socks, because I don't like doing laundry. And my feet sweat a lot, apparently.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11693 on: June 24, 2012, 02:25:06 am »

Hey guys, in regard to holy and mismatched socks, I'd encourage you to donate them to a children's program.  I used to collect these when I worked at the children's theatre, and when we had enough I'd have a sock puppet making workshop.  I used to have sock drives every year for these, and it was always loads of fun for the kids.  I still have some of the puppets around, and they are rad.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11694 on: June 24, 2012, 03:41:26 am »

Hey guys, in regard to holy and mismatched socks, I'd encourage you to donate them to a children's program.  I used to collect these when I worked at the children's theatre, and when we had enough I'd have a sock puppet making workshop.  I used to have sock drives every year for these, and it was always loads of fun for the kids.  I still have some of the puppets around, and they are rad.

Seriously, the only place that will want these socks when I am finished with them is the landfill.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11695 on: June 24, 2012, 07:58:23 am »

So, today I woke up at 530 for work. Worked 8 hours, then went to see my future apartment. Worked on my market-like plan for allocating rooms. Played guitar, ate a bunch of fatty meals. At 10pm I rode my bike a few miles to a bar with a club night. Danced as hard as I could until 2 am and drove home. Now it is 3.

EARLY-MID TWENTIES. By the end of this summer every pair of #####/shorts I own is going to be stained with bike grease.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11696 on: June 25, 2012, 01:59:50 pm »

I've been wearing a lot of Skechers lately because they're one of the few brands that makes an extra-wide casual shoe/sneaker that's readily available (DSW etc). For socks I always wore white ones that come up just over the ankle and my ex ragged on that constantly. Now I wear black ones that come up just over the ankle. When I wear shorts I'm not sure if it's an improvement.

Which reminds me, have those hideous pastel plaid shorts fallen out of fashion yet? And are the men who wear them still required by law to always pair them with brown flip-flops?
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11697 on: June 25, 2012, 02:10:49 pm »

I don't know if you can get away with in NoVa, but further south I still see them and usually with boat shoes or flip flops.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11698 on: June 25, 2012, 05:37:20 pm »

skechers: they've always fallen apart on me within six months, i can't buy them any more.

socks: fuck the haters, wear what you like. all my non-dress socks are white, and all my dress socks match my #####. if somebody makes fun of your socks, that shit's on them.

shorts: what kind of plaid are we talking here? madras or plaid for real? pastels can go to hell, and so can madras, but don't you take my plaid shorts away.

cars: i think i might finally have to replace my lights control arm, i don't know what happened. it's always had a sticky left blinker that i've had to knock to turn off post-turn, but now the brights lock is busted and if i'm not careful i'll end up beaming some poor sap in the mirror. oh well, at least it ain't a rotor and pads.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11699 on: June 25, 2012, 05:47:39 pm »

shorts: what kind of plaid are we talking here? madras or plaid for real? pastels can go to hell, and so can madras, but don't you take my plaid shorts away.

I've never heard of madras but my eyes are now bleeding. I was thinking of shots like these.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 778 779 [780] 781 782 ... 878   Go Up