I went out last night to celebrate my BFF's divorce becoming official. We had dinner, saw Magic Mike and then went to a local sports bar for drinks. I drank soda and she had three margaritas, one of which was comped by one of the managers after we struck up a convo. I played wingwoman and we met a good-looking divorced guy with three kids, but BFF talked to him for a bit and they didn't seem to have much in common. Then we encountered someone we vaguely recognized from the board game store and ended up hanging out on the patio 'til last call telling dirty jokes with three dudes ten years our junior.
Chief benefit of age: we have better stories.
Then I came home and crawled in bed and slept until 11 AM, when my mother-in-law called to see if we were coming to my son's gymnastics class which she had shown up to watch and which we had forgotten all about. Pedro ran out the door with him and hopefully got him there in time for the last half of class, and I feel like shit for not being awake so that I could remember. I have a headache and feel hung over (even though I did not have a drop of alcohol last night) and I totally bailed on my only responsibility today.
I have ruined Saturday. I'm never going out again.