Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

How Does He Smell?

Pages: 1 ... 783 784 [785] 786 787 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1348442 times)

0 Members and 211 Guests are viewing this topic.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11760 on: July 17, 2012, 01:53:48 am »

Never write anything for free again, Adam Smith's big fat hand is trying to tell you something. DOING THINGS YOU ENJOY IS FOR POOR PEOPLE! [/sarcasm]

This made me think of the phrase 'the invisible pimp hand'.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11761 on: July 17, 2012, 05:22:54 pm »

MANOS THE PIMP HAND OF FATE
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11762 on: July 19, 2012, 02:42:27 am »

...cruise the main drag in downtown Raleigh in Paul's artcar, Dragonfire.

We lit it up, y'all.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11763 on: July 19, 2012, 06:01:40 am »

...cruise the main drag in downtown Raleigh in Paul's artcar, Dragonfire.

We lit it up, y'all.

did it bring out the redneck in you?
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11764 on: July 19, 2012, 08:18:54 am »

Had a nice conversation with my future roommate where I realized we think about playing guitar in the same way. We agreed to make each other practice speaking Spanish and playing Fingerstyle Guitar when we live together. Cool.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11765 on: July 19, 2012, 12:43:32 pm »

...cruise the main drag in downtown Raleigh in Paul's artcar, Dragonfire.

We lit it up, y'all.

Where are the pictures!!!!
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11766 on: July 19, 2012, 12:53:47 pm »

On Paul's camera! He will no doubt post a whole photoset on Flikr when he gets back.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11767 on: July 19, 2012, 02:11:50 pm »

Rad!  Can't wait to see the pictures!

Today, I'm gonna attend a traditional aboriginal giraffe fry!  A coworker caught hella fresh giraffe for us and we're going to do it up old school.  I brought a very non-traditional spinach, nut and cranberry salad with goat cheese balsamic.  I'm going to eat giraffe until there's no more giraffe to eat!
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11768 on: July 19, 2012, 03:41:47 pm »

Rad!  Can't wait to see the pictures!

Today, I'm gonna attend a traditional aboriginal giraffe fry!  A coworker caught hella fresh giraffe for us and we're going to do it up old school.  I brought a very non-traditional spinach, nut and cranberry salad with goat cheese balsamic.  I'm going to eat giraffe until there's no more giraffe to eat!

Why can't your people learn to giraffe responsibly and sustainably?
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11769 on: July 19, 2012, 03:58:54 pm »

It's so hard to convince people to giraffe sustainably. One look at those long necks and they're convinced there will always be enough for everyone.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11770 on: July 20, 2012, 03:23:45 pm »

It's so hard to convince people to giraffe sustainably. One look at those long necks and they're convinced there will always be enough for everyone.

There was so much giraffe that we had plenty of leftovers.  Putting left over giraffe in the fridge is always tricky - the smell, and well, just finding a way to make it fit.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Victoria Waterfield

  • Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 336
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 739
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11771 on: July 20, 2012, 04:57:31 pm »

There was so much giraffe that we had plenty of leftovers.  Putting left over giraffe in the fridge is always tricky - the smell, and well, just finding a way to make it fit.

Okapi is nearly as flavourful, and it's much more compact.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11772 on: July 22, 2012, 02:38:39 am »

Last night, I was at a concert with cheap folding chairs for the seating as it is usually a standing room venue but it was a classic rock show and there were gonna be a lot of older concert goers who'd demand chairs.

And I fell through the damn chair.

Lost thirty pounds? Sure. Still breaking chairs when rocking the fuck out.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11773 on: July 22, 2012, 04:51:12 am »

Sent this to the girl:

Class, take a hike. I'm stuffing a girl into a giant pizza pillow.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11774 on: July 23, 2012, 04:46:59 pm »

For some reason I am imagining the recipient responding in a Boomhauer voice. "ohmandon'tputnodangolbananainmydonutmanwhyyougot tamakeitlookallweird"
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 ... 783 784 [785] 786 787 ... 878   Go Up