Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood If Twain were alive today, he would guffaw despite his benevolent befuddlement.

Pages: 1 ... 793 794 [795] 796 797 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1341490 times)

0 Members and 210 Guests are viewing this topic.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11910 on: September 11, 2012, 02:20:03 pm »

You son of a bitch.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11911 on: September 11, 2012, 05:09:39 pm »

yeah, they are way too big and look silly in your hand.

I think my sauce definitely needed the mushrooms and meat to have been browned in a separate pan. and a lot more spice.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11912 on: September 12, 2012, 12:59:15 am »

Today, I am in the cities at the edge of the Mojave Desert such as California City and Mojave.

These are Weird places.

Busy gas stations where I am the only person in the place without tattoo sleeves. And about half the people are DEFINITELY fuck*ng tweaking.

But Christ, the desert is beautiful. Seems like a waste of it to live out here just to get tattoos and ride dirt bikes and tweak the fuck out of whatever drugs allow tweaking?

But it's a big world. I've come to accept not everyone's into what I'm into and vicey-vee but holy shit.

Beautiful as hell and some weird goddamned people.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11913 on: September 12, 2012, 01:12:28 am »

The desert is the best place in the world for tweaking. Why do you think they have Burning Man out there?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11914 on: September 12, 2012, 01:41:00 am »

The desert is awesome and open space and time give way to tweaking.  My dream is to live in the desert now.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11915 on: September 12, 2012, 03:58:21 am »

Fuck a Tuesday, get me a beer.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

doomglobe

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 35
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 410
    • View Profile
    • doom globe
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11916 on: September 12, 2012, 05:02:24 am »

Somebody asked for pasta sauce recipes.

Chicken & Pasta:
Start boiling water with some dashes of kosher salt and 2 tbs regular olive oil
get 3 more tbs regular olive oil or peanut oil on the bottom of your hugest cast iron pan raging at your highest temperature (the highest temperature you are comfortable making that pot. It should be at least motherfuck*ng hot)
Throw a little curry powder into the oil. Place two (or four if your cast iron is properly huge. the more the merrier but only fill half the surface area) boneless, skinless chicken breasts in there. Chop a large vidalia onion for a couple minutes, and open a bottle of Pinot Noir. Pour yourself a glass. Flip the chicken. It has been about 4 minutes since you put it in. Some of the chicken stuck to the pan sort of. Pour a little wine (a little ~= 1/3 glass) in there and gently scrape at it with a wooden spoon until the pan is smooth again. Your water is boiling. Throw the pasta in. Dice some garlic. It has been another four minutes. Throw the garlic in the empty side of the pan. Butterfly each chicken breast (so it is half thickness. you will notice the middle is still pink/raw) and place the raw side down so it sears, with a little garlic under each one. Leave about a teaspoon of finely diced fresh garlic out and aside. Throw that onion into the cracks between chicken. It has been five minutes since you put the pasta in. Strain that now, or perpetuate the stereotype that Americans all turn their pasta into mush. Don't worry, it will continue to cook a bit in the strainer. You stirred it, right? Ugh you jackass now its gonna be all stuck together. Fuck. Okay, we can fix this, just hang on. Get it out of the sink and wash that asparagus, breaking the ends off each stalk where it naturally breaks and throwing out the bottoms. It has been 4 or 5 minutes since you butterflied the chicken, take out each piece of chicken and set aside on a plate, leaving the onion in the pan. Now make sure the onion is browning before you add more wine and scrape off the bits that stuck to the pan again. Throw in the asparagus, and chop a portabella mushroom or two and throw that in, too. Now put in a large can of whole peeled tomatoes, and the rest of the garlic. Add some honey to the sauce, and some pepper or diced chipotle. If you actually do have a huge clump of pasta stuck together, just add it right now. Otherwise you can do right by Odin and Jupiter and just put it in a bowl with a little extra virgin olive oil and maybe some fresh arugula or basil if you have it. Don't put your herbs in the sauce, they'll just lose their flavor before they get started. Dude, turn it down to medium. You should have done that like two minutes after you added the tomatoes, but instead you drank a whole glass of wine and watched a youtube video about a sarcophagus shooting sugar cubes at a man in a fez with a penchant for bendy straws. Blast. Just add a little more wine to the sauce, and NOW turn it down. Simmer for as long as you can stand it. Try to time it so that you have some wine left to drink with your meal. Add a little bit of extra virgin olive oil.  Plate the chicken, then pasta, then cover both in sauce, and serve with a chunk of pecorino romano and a grater. Yeah put the cheese grater right on the table. It makes people think you are "rustic". When you are done plating, turn off the burners. Put out all fires in kitchen, then consume food.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 09:56:24 pm by doomglobe »
Logged
[expletive deleted]

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11917 on: September 13, 2012, 04:56:31 pm »

Two homeless men got in a fight 2 blocks from my work, and one pulled a gun and killed the other one. It seems pretty likely that one of them is one of the 100000000000 homeless dudes I give cups of ice water every day. I wonder who it was. Yikes.

Also yesterday I talked to my ex for the first time since we broke up. It was nice. I only felt moderately weird.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11918 on: September 14, 2012, 01:37:34 am »

Wait. Since when do homeless dudes have guns? I mean, an angry homeless guy with a knife is scary enough, but jesus.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11919 on: September 14, 2012, 08:40:26 am »

Get asked by a Japanese lady for directions to a shaved ice shop. It is definitely time to go home.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11920 on: September 14, 2012, 08:33:12 pm »

Maybe you need a suggestion.  

This is where I want to take my husband.  It's a tad expensive, but I think it would be a hoot to go to a place where you constantly need to ask yourself if you're having a drug induced psychosis.  Fuck feminist dogma, I want them to slap him silly and spoon feed him at the same time!
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 11:31:58 pm by side_show »
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11921 on: September 14, 2012, 08:54:59 pm »

The fuck. I don't even get what that is. You gear up for something super-special-fun-neat and then start longing for your broke-ass tired shit rut while still on the ground? You don't know if you're ever going to live to do this again, shut the fuck up and go out and savour an opportunity far fartoo many people can't even fathom.

You get home you'll be restless again within a month, shouldering the same burdens you tried to take a break of. People's brains are stupid. Stupid stupid brains!

What that is is - - if i look so much like i belong here that the natives are asking me for directions, i better get out while i still can!
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 09:17:37 pm by wombat »
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11922 on: September 14, 2012, 11:37:58 pm »

Don't be jealous Ash, surely doing your work-a-day-work in a different location is just as much of an adventure as going to the opposite side of the globe were everything is novel and work can't find you... oh wait.  No.  No it's not. 

 Would you like me to have one of the Maiddreamin' maids slap a picture of you while I'm there?  That is a thing that could happen.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11923 on: September 15, 2012, 01:02:26 am »

Maid reaming?

Seems like something easily purchased in the States.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11924 on: September 15, 2012, 02:37:53 am »

... learn I have a Bacon Number of 3.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.
Pages: 1 ... 793 794 [795] 796 797 ... 878   Go Up