Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

So now we know who reads the News Box.  Hello Jaydub.

Pages: 1 ... 794 795 [796] 797 798 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1342223 times)

0 Members and 147 Guests are viewing this topic.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11925 on: September 15, 2012, 04:15:42 am »

I also have a Bacon Number of three due to at least two actors who were in my play.   I know we already talked about this a while back on the board.  If he's been in any movies with Native American characters, it's possible I have a Bacon number of one, but I know so many actors it's difficult to Bacon-check each of them. 
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11926 on: September 15, 2012, 04:59:06 am »

My cousin's father-in-law is Seymour Cassel, making my Bacon number 3 as well, I suppose.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11927 on: September 15, 2012, 06:06:27 am »

Well, if theater counts, mine is 4: my college director was in a couple Clint Eastwood movies.

But! if the director-actor link is a single bacon, that drops my number to 3 on account of dropping Eastwood's to 1 via Mystic River.

So mine is either 3 or non-existent.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11928 on: September 16, 2012, 01:14:48 am »

I think a Bacon Number only counts if you yourself are involved in the entertainment industry and worked with the related people directly.  Like the person you link to would need to know you by name and have considered you a coworker in a production you were involved in together.  That's how I look at it anyway.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11929 on: September 16, 2012, 03:26:24 am »

Aw, where's the fun in that?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11930 on: September 17, 2012, 12:27:56 am »

I wonder what Bobby's bacon number is?
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11931 on: September 17, 2012, 08:00:49 am »

 Be wide awake at 4 am again but without any Japan to gaze out the window at.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11932 on: September 17, 2012, 05:51:53 pm »

Japan is broke for me at the moment because it's one of the lifelong passions of the ne'er-to-be (just as it is one of mine's), and now just thinking about it bothers me. She is going there in December; I heard her describing a certain temple with a certain view of a mountain in Winter and I wanted to die. Shit's sobering.
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11933 on: September 18, 2012, 05:51:45 am »

Last night I was propositioned by a black prostitute in Vegas for the third time in the last 5 years. She was attractive enough that it's probably fortunate I lost considerably more gambling than I usually do and happened to have like only $50 in cash on hand, because she was attractive enough that I think it was likely a set-up, either to get mugged or arrested. I'm not saying that I would have gone along with it, but if I had more cash on hand, it would have given me enough pause to get into trouble. The fact that she is black is significant only because I have NEVER been propositioned by a prostitute of any other race or obvious ethnic background in Vegas or anywhere else. Maybe I just look like a chump with a thing for black girls.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11934 on: September 18, 2012, 08:56:24 pm »

I recommend riding into the castle of your ne'er-do-well nephew and letting Okey drop a steaming load on the royal carpet.  Or at least slinging the severed head of your enemy onto the dias.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11935 on: September 19, 2012, 06:54:25 pm »

Miles, I think we were in Vegas at the same time. I was at the Wynn from Thursday to Sunday. While there I placed my first ever sports book bet (DC United to win) and learned that there is apparently football on all the fuck*ng time. That is supposed to be a Sunday thing, people. I also really miss when most every casino had $5 table games.
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11936 on: September 19, 2012, 07:25:02 pm »

I also really miss when most every casino had $5 table games.

You gotta go downtown. Go to the Las Vegas Club, which is kind of a dump but has $2 games (or at least it did last time I was in Vegas about 4 years ago).
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11937 on: September 19, 2012, 07:43:25 pm »

also for five dollar single-shoe blackjack, go to ellis island casino, at the super 8 a block behind bally's. they brew their own delicious root beer there too.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11938 on: September 19, 2012, 07:46:04 pm »

You gotta go downtown. Go to the Las Vegas Club, which is kind of a dump but has $2 games (or at least it did last time I was in Vegas about 4 years ago).

The Lady had a free room at the Wynn and isn't so much into gambling. So I'd wander off while she was busy but it was more convenient for both of us if I was close by. Casino Royal has $3 tables (and something like 200x odds) right on the strip so I spent most of my time there. When I went the first time all the places on the strip (except maybe the Bellagio) had $5 at least during the day.
Logged

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11939 on: September 20, 2012, 04:13:17 am »

Miles, I think we were in Vegas at the same time. I was at the Wynn from Thursday to Sunday. While there I placed my first ever sports book bet (DC United to win) and learned that there is apparently football on all the fuck*ng time. That is supposed to be a Sunday thing, people. I also really miss when most every casino had $5 table games.

Oh yeah, cool. I was there Friday to Monday. So yeah, there's far more football on Saturday (and that's just Division I-A) than Sunday. It's a terrible time of year, anywhere in America near a TV, for people who don't like football.

The Wynn, fancy. Is it as nice as I hear it is? I was at the Elara. It's a Hilton hotel I guess, right next to Planet Hollywood. No smoking, inexpensive, big rooms. And a strict noise curfew apparently. Perfect for old people. Our suite had a washer/dryer, which I didn't realize until the last day when I was opening cabinets and such to make sure I had everything. Oh, and like a hot tub in the bedroom? It was kind of ridiculous.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner
Pages: 1 ... 794 795 [796] 797 798 ... 878   Go Up