Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I had to look up how pi is derived. It has been sixteen years since the SAT, yet still, I feel very ashamed

Pages: 1 ... 795 796 [797] 798 799 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1344157 times)

0 Members and 197 Guests are viewing this topic.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11940 on: September 20, 2012, 01:16:54 pm »

Oh yeah, cool. I was there Friday to Monday. So yeah, there's far more football on Saturday (and that's just Division I-A) than Sunday. It's a terrible time of year, anywhere in America near a TV, for people who don't like football.

The Wynn, fancy. Is it as nice as I hear it is? I was at the Elara. It's a Hilton hotel I guess, right next to Planet Hollywood. No smoking, inexpensive, big rooms. And a strict noise curfew apparently. Perfect for old people. Our suite had a washer/dryer, which I didn't realize until the last day when I was opening cabinets and such to make sure I had everything. Oh, and like a hot tub in the bedroom? It was kind of ridiculous.

I wouldn't pay to stay at the Wynn but for free it was pretty swank (I assume, I've only stayed in the Flamingo before). There are controls by the front door and the bed that work all the lights, curtains, and sheers. There's a doorbell outside the room with a screen that can display "privacy please" or "service room." They gave us a free cabana on Friday with privacy curtains, a fridge full of soft drinks and snacks, and misters over the pool chairs. Really the downsides were being all the way on one end of the strip, the fact that you have to show your room key to get anywhere near the elevators every time, and people in hideous white shoes with giant "LV" buckles on them. Oh, and we could see the eyesore that is the Trump hotel from our room.

Apparently the other staff got upgraded to suites but we had to stay in a regular room since we were staying extra days.
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11941 on: September 21, 2012, 10:47:54 pm »

Hooray for large, high places in industrial parks.

Youtube link: http://youtu.be/05vZKhvi6NQ
Not a Rickroll
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11942 on: September 22, 2012, 01:15:10 pm »

Bring in the garden.  Yesterday was the last day of summer, and it dropped below zero overnight.  Bitter sweet.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 01:08:07 pm by side_show »
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11943 on: September 24, 2012, 07:58:39 am »

There is this strange man who comes into my store lately. He makes really weird demands (the most memorable was to purchase one of the big terra-cotta planters on top of the refrigerators in the dairy section) and pays entirely in $100 bills every time. Usually luxury foods and flowers, but his clothes makes him look a little... homeless? crazy? Always skintight athletic bottoms, zipped up Cardinals rain jacket, mardi gras beads. Usually has his headphones on and won't take them off to talk to you, and either yells too loudly or speaks very softly.
He told me he is a doctor and gave me his card--

Dr (name), Ph.D: Talent Promotion, Home Improvement, Therapy, Security.

Then, the other day I saw him wearing only a pair of skintight bike shorts, dancing at a bus stop. Later he came into the store in that outfit. The manager made him put a shirt on before he bought his weird assortment of expensive groceries.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11944 on: September 24, 2012, 01:05:43 pm »

I got my hair cut on Saturday. The guy in front of me paid with an Amex black card. At Hair Cuttery. His bill was $16. I found this hilarious.
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11945 on: September 24, 2012, 05:34:41 pm »

Why couldn't I have been blessed with a sonorous baritone?  My only consolation is other height challenged dudes occasionally sound even more ridiculous.

Sweet, dude. Way sweet.

But what was that chipmunk saying in the audio there?
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

doomglobe

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 35
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 410
    • View Profile
    • doom globe
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11946 on: September 24, 2012, 09:29:18 pm »

Climbed the first pitch of 'children's crusade' at white hoss in the dark.  Here is a photo of my buddy leading it.  Then 3 more people went up, and it was getting dark, and my friend is still up there at the belay ledge with no headlamp and wants to rap but there is still a bunch of gear in the wall so I have to climb up and clean it. Scary as hell to climb slab when you can't see your feet!
Logged
[expletive deleted]

Mr Trout

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65528
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 493
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11947 on: October 01, 2012, 08:27:28 am »

On this outdoorsy note I took my girlfriend out mountain biking for the first time today and she chipped a few teeth in a wreck. As the more experienced rider I feel incredibly guilty about this and I keep running through different scenarios in my head where I could have prevented it. She is a trooper and hiked back to the car without complaint, reassured me several times that she had fun—regrets nothing, and loves me no less—but I can't seem to quench this guilty pit in my gut. Partly because I want to have prevented her wreck but mainly because I keep imagining the situation ending up much worse than it did.

Maybe I should stick to biking and skiing alone?
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 08:30:43 am by Mr Trout »
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11948 on: October 02, 2012, 05:10:31 pm »

Maybe I should stick to biking and skiing alone?

Seems to me you should let the lady make that decision herself.

Today, in my continuing decades-long quest to figure out what I'm going to be when I grow up, I'm gonna accept a temporary two-month job at the animal shelter, starting tomorrow.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11949 on: October 02, 2012, 06:30:13 pm »

Actually I'll be spending about half the time in an office at a computer... But also for various reasons it is the least barky shelter in town.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11950 on: October 03, 2012, 04:25:54 am »

Seems to me you should let the lady make that decision herself.

This, but also make sure she understands she doesn't feel like she has to go just to be a good girlfriend.

And the guilt will fade eventually. I injured someone (very mildly and unintentionally, though very directly) over a decade ago. I was consumed with guilt for weeks, mostly because even though it didn't require medical attention, it could easily have been much, much worse. Now if I think about it I feel maybe a pang of guilt that fades quickly. But mostly it's just a reminder to not be a fucktard.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11951 on: October 04, 2012, 12:57:43 am »

So like there is a presidential debate less than a mile from my house.  I am going on a run now, but debating on whether or not I should go over there and give every media member I can find a piece of my mind a bit later.  I probably won't but I really should-  all hey Chris mathews, eat a dick.  Or Shaun hannity go fuck yerself, etc. etc.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

doomglobe

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 35
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 410
    • View Profile
    • doom globe
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11952 on: October 05, 2012, 09:02:57 pm »

Last night me and a buddy drove side by side going about 20mph under the speed limit, on a 3 lane road. People would build up behind us in waves, then angrilly pass, only to get stopped at the next light - we basically wound up keeping up with most of them. It was kind of a rush.
Logged
[expletive deleted]

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11953 on: October 05, 2012, 09:41:27 pm »

get my time off approved.  im flying out to SLC to see about a lady.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11954 on: October 05, 2012, 09:59:13 pm »

get my time off approved.  im flying out to SLC to see about a lady.

Good News everybody.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 ... 795 796 [797] 798 799 ... 878   Go Up