Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood The bus is crossing Klickitat St., home of Ramona Quimby. It's pretty swank these days. No sign of Nosmo King.

Pages: 1 ... 805 806 [807] 808 809 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1348835 times)

0 Members and 224 Guests are viewing this topic.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12090 on: November 10, 2012, 09:55:47 pm »

TIG make someone cry just by standing around with my dogs. An older couple came up to us to meet them and said they'd had to put their 5 year old pug to sleep a month ago. I was so glad that I'd taught my dogs to tolerate all kinds of handling, because they both kept doing what they obviously used to do to their own pug, picking them up under the front legs and kissing them right on the face, something you should never to do a strange dog... The lady was crying and he said they were too heartbroken to get another dog but I told them there were lots of rescue pugs that needed someone who could love a pug that much.

My dogs often make people laugh, or smirk. I'm glad this is much less common, I'm not sure I could take much of it.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12091 on: November 11, 2012, 02:16:43 am »

Awww, wombles. That was the perfect response.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

doomglobe

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 35
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 410
    • View Profile
    • doom globe
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12092 on: November 15, 2012, 07:31:06 pm »

TIG actually do some work instead of reading message boards. HOW DO YOU FEEL ON WAY OR ANOTHER ABOUT DAT APPLE.
Logged
[expletive deleted]

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12093 on: November 16, 2012, 04:22:56 pm »

...try to land this sucker.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12094 on: November 16, 2012, 05:15:03 pm »

I like the change in your profile pic. That is a nice touch.

TIG check the board from my phone every few hours to see how Inev's Plan works out, apparently, since I'll be in the car for six hours. Let us know, buddy, and good luck.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12095 on: November 16, 2012, 06:25:26 pm »

... let you guys in on a secret.

I don't come around here very often. 

https://www.facebook.com/shawnmcbrideisajerk if you want to keep tabs on me.   If you don't:  That's fine and also good.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12096 on: November 16, 2012, 07:22:52 pm »

Listening to my big stack of hip-hop mixes. I think they are rubbing off on me. I just thought to myself, "five hours is too far to drive for pussy."

Around 2 more hours to go.

And JL, relax. It will be at least 4 hours until I have news. And if it is good news, longer.

Oh man, what if I run into her on the street. Or she didn't go to work today. Or she is out of town. Ahhh.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12097 on: November 16, 2012, 08:11:12 pm »

Five hours is too far to drive for one-off sex, yes.

Five hours is not too far to drive for a chance at steady sex, though.

In my opinion.

It is far too far for a single-service packet of sex. If you're doing it to parlay into like a Costco bundle of sex in bulk, it might be worth it depending on the situation.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12098 on: November 16, 2012, 11:09:18 pm »

So, apparently sometimes people to out of town on business. Oops.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12099 on: November 16, 2012, 11:11:12 pm »

That is a romantic comedy plot point if there ever was one.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12100 on: November 16, 2012, 11:49:52 pm »

In a romantic comedy, you meet the love of your life at a diner there, after realizing she's not in town.

In a horror movie, you are horribly murdered by a hitchhiker driving home.

GO TO THE DINER.

DON'T PICK UP ANY HITCHHIKERS.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12101 on: November 17, 2012, 02:11:45 am »

In a surrealist movie, 14 penguins wielding furry monkey wrenches transport you to the Governor's ball on their specially adapted Jetski.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12102 on: November 17, 2012, 02:38:04 am »

So, apparently sometimes people to out of town on business. Oops.

So...do you know when she's coming back? Are you staying in town 'til then, or going to try again another weekend? What's your backup plan?
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12103 on: November 17, 2012, 03:31:51 am »

Well, I called her. That is how I found out she was out of town. I said, "oh, god damnit, I am in Chicago. I was going to surprise you." She is getting back tomorrow at 3, but I need to be back in STL not too late tomorrow so I can work Sunday morning. Hmmm. She is supposed to call me when she gets done with the play (she works in something related to theater and is at a show in another state that she worked on) but I am fading pretty fast. Tired and bundled up on my buddy's couch.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12104 on: November 17, 2012, 03:52:55 am »

Anti Climatic.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 ... 805 806 [807] 808 809 ... 878   Go Up