Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that Wombat has figured out how to edit the News Box!

Pages: 1 ... 806 807 [808] 809 810 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1350343 times)

0 Members and 191 Guests are viewing this topic.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12105 on: November 17, 2012, 04:19:57 am »

Anticlimactic, but perhaps...

...Inevitable?
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Mr Trout

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65528
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 493
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12106 on: November 17, 2012, 04:35:01 am »

I don't come around here very often.  

I don't know if we've ever really interacted, but I just friend-requested you. I like lurking atound here  becauseyou guys are pretty interesting If anyone is bored and wants to follow my winter adventures (I will be living in an RV and working at Jackson Hole Mountain Resort in Wyoming, as well as skiing alot.) you can do so here: ??
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 03:24:44 am by Mr Trout »
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12107 on: November 17, 2012, 08:20:13 pm »

No news is good news?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12108 on: November 18, 2012, 12:56:18 am »

The good news is, I don't have to ever go to Chicago again. What a horrible place. I spent around 200$ on 3 hours of parking, if you include the parking ticket. And the ticket for having an out of date registration (oops?). Jesus Christ.

This feels pretty awful. Man. Well. I guess it is time for the next plan.

(gif of the fancy motorcycle man crashing his motorcycle, but emerging fine and going on to live a good life. With no motorcycles or Chicago at all.)
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 06:25:03 am by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12109 on: November 18, 2012, 01:24:18 am »

Boo and yet, good to have that sorted.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12110 on: November 18, 2012, 03:03:40 am »

I'm actually kind of relieved that in the end it it is still true that real life doesn't work like a romantic comedy.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12111 on: November 18, 2012, 04:27:36 am »

Man, I'm sorry you crashed your motorcycle, but I'm glad you aren't harmed. Get up, knock off the dust and plan your next move.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12112 on: November 18, 2012, 06:21:30 am »

Feeling a lot better about this after 5 hours of driving in the dark. I have a lot of thoughts but they are not very organized so I am not going to inflict those on you.

Instead, some good driving music.

There was one particular song that really got me going at one point, and i can't for the life of me remember what it was.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12113 on: November 18, 2012, 06:55:04 am »

Sorry Inev, but it is awesome that you did it!
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12114 on: November 18, 2012, 03:38:30 pm »

Sorry it didn't work out, Inev. But you can feel good about knowing that you grabbed life by the balls today (yesterday). Carpe diem.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12115 on: November 18, 2012, 04:16:07 pm »

Every time you step out of your comfort zone and take the big swing, you collect experience points toward leveling up.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12116 on: November 19, 2012, 03:21:10 am »

Man, a one-time chance to explain myself and hear a response is not a thing I am good at. So many things I wish I had said. So many questions I did not ask. Eff. In the moment my response was purely "OK, you think I shouldn't move here? You don't want to date me, or anyone right now? Thanks for the update. Bye, I am going to go do something different." I know that I need to just take that answer at face value, but that is a thing I am horrible at.

But, overall, this is one of the few things I have done for myself in my life that I am proud of.

A lot of my friends, when I started telling them the story, seemed amazed that 1. I did this and 2. I wasn't curled up crying in the fetal position. I choose to interpret this as meaning that I am surprisingly resilient.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 04:49:15 am by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12117 on: November 19, 2012, 05:51:44 pm »

Man, a one-time chance to explain myself and hear a response is not a thing I am good at. So many things I wish I had said. So many questions I did not ask. Eff. In the moment my response was purely "OK, you think I shouldn't move here? You don't want to date me, or anyone right now? Thanks for the update. Bye, I am going to go do something different." I know that I need to just take that answer at face value, but that is a thing I am horrible at.

But, overall, this is one of the few things I have done for myself in my life that I am proud of.

A lot of my friends, when I started telling them the story, seemed amazed that 1. I did this and 2. I wasn't curled up crying in the fetal position. I choose to interpret this as meaning that I am surprisingly resilient.

1) When people tell you the truth, hear it.
2) Knowning is better than not knowing.


The courage it took you to do this is the stuff character is built from, so good on you.  You are not curled up fetal style because you know there was value to this regardless of the outcome, and also you know your life isn't black and white, and that there are endless variables to who you will be and how you will live.  
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 07:42:46 pm by side_show »
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12118 on: November 19, 2012, 05:56:43 pm »

... See a car plate trim by big mike naughton ford saying our tax dollars didn't build his business.  Call big mike naughton ford and explain that our tax dollars go to pay for the roads and his business would not exist without them.  Say fuck a lot to the manager at big mike naughton ford.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12119 on: November 19, 2012, 06:02:38 pm »

Sometimes Keith gives me hope for the youth of America, even the ones who are stoned all the time.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc
Pages: 1 ... 806 807 [808] 809 810 ... 878   Go Up