Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood "One of Your Shoes is By the Dog Food: A Tale of Things Not Worth Mentioning During Married Life," is out in September on Harper-Doubleday.

Pages: 1 ... 817 818 [819] 820 821 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1346807 times)

0 Members and 183 Guests are viewing this topic.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12270 on: December 07, 2012, 03:22:58 pm »

...get my left fingers back!  I'm allowed to type with them all I want once it stops hurting. Which means I am still mostly one handed for a while, but things are looking up.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

doomglobe

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 35
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 410
    • View Profile
    • doom globe
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12271 on: December 07, 2012, 05:27:43 pm »



"Cheer up, Wombat", said Yo Yo Ma.
Logged
[expletive deleted]

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12272 on: December 08, 2012, 12:30:08 am »

Quote
j'know what two experiences should be combined? The frustrating, impersonal, high-pressure experience of applying to jobs online, and the intense loneliness, self-criticism, and rejection of dating.

Looking into these sites has confirmed that I am gonna focus on pure InEv stuff for a while. Unless a cute girl jumps into my lap.

And maybe even then.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12273 on: December 11, 2012, 01:57:20 pm »

...prance around in my new Stoned Lightning tee. Cafepress came to the rescue (appropriately enough, I became aware of their services via another Achewood strip, the one about Ray printing a tee saying "George Clooney Is Learning Coptic")

Sorry for not getting you one, Paul, I'm still deep in circumstances!

Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12274 on: December 11, 2012, 03:14:29 pm »

it is both rad and strange to see the faces behind all the words you people say.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12275 on: December 11, 2012, 06:09:14 pm »

CORRECT
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12276 on: December 11, 2012, 06:24:25 pm »

Dude wait until I'm like a D-list celeb or something, otherwise it will be AWKWARRRD.
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12277 on: December 11, 2012, 06:27:35 pm »

Make the artwork public. We can get our own shirts.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12278 on: December 11, 2012, 06:40:04 pm »

Sure thing. When I get home I'll upload it. Don't be disappointed by the size, I could only find a small graphic. I thought it would look crap but it turned out pretty ok, so it should be fine.
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12279 on: December 11, 2012, 06:54:20 pm »

Huh, so I keep telling the Tech Staff that his Science shirt is irreplaceable, but maybe not.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12280 on: December 11, 2012, 06:57:16 pm »

In a few years nothing will be irreplaceable anymore.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 07:03:56 pm by dejavroom »
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12281 on: December 11, 2012, 07:21:31 pm »

I was just having this conversation lately - it's not advances in printing technology that I need, I think, it's advances in scanning or image processing or something. Like there's a poster in the background in Men in Black 3 that I want a reproduction of, and related to the discussion in the other thread, I want this tshirt.  In those cases the problem isn't just printing, it's getting the image to print from. When am I just going to be able to point at a video and say  "Computer, print me a copy of that poster/shirt"?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12282 on: December 11, 2012, 07:29:09 pm »

Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12283 on: December 11, 2012, 07:36:40 pm »

Exactly! But without the dystopian future and all.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12284 on: December 11, 2012, 07:55:05 pm »

hm. buying christmas presents is hard.

also: gift-giving guides for specific interests/genders/etc are always useless. What is the deal with that? Nobody in my family wants whiskey stones, or a fancy shaving kit, or a solar charger for their blackberry.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 ... 817 818 [819] 820 821 ... 878   Go Up