Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Ray Smuckles pours one out for Tiger's '09 Escalade. "Shit didn't have to be that way, Tiger. You coulda' taken the damn Buick."

Pages: 1 ... 824 825 [826] 827 828 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1342868 times)

0 Members and 190 Guests are viewing this topic.

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12375 on: December 21, 2012, 04:33:30 pm »

We didn't have bullying in Brazil until some two or three years ago, when we finally learned that there existed such a thing. Same thing with school shootings. We just want to look cool, dig, so what do we do? "Better catch up with some of those sweet first-world shenanigans".

God, I hate this place.
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

Victoria Waterfield

  • Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 336
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 739
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12376 on: December 21, 2012, 09:40:34 pm »

Logged

doomglobe

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 35
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 410
    • View Profile
    • doom globe
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12377 on: December 21, 2012, 10:25:57 pm »

Yoga cheerleaders... Hmmm, I think I'll try that in google image search.
Logged
[expletive deleted]

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12378 on: December 22, 2012, 06:47:15 pm »

Today, I decided to give my brother a grocery store gift card for his birthday/xmas. He is moving into his first apartment soon, and it will come attached with a note instructing him to use it to purchase a celebratory steak when he moves in, since I won't be there to buy it for him.

I bought it, and then realized:
1. he doesn't know how to cook
2. I don't know how to cook steak.

oops. This might need to turn into a "let's learn how to pan-sear steak together" party.

He is studying in New Zealand, and I think my mom might have a stroke if we talk any more about her baby moving to a foreign country and having his first apartment and not knowing how to cook and what if they eat weird food there and and and.

This conversation also had a nice compliment about how she was not worried about my first apartment, because she knows I am resilient and open to new experiences. I don't normally think of myself as "resilient."
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12379 on: December 23, 2012, 01:21:07 am »

A young man should definitely know how to cook steak before he goes out into the world.

NZ isn't too weird though, the worst thing they do is kid of fetishise killin possums. Is he moving to north or south island?
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12380 on: December 23, 2012, 02:18:46 am »

I've never cooked or even owned raw meat, at least not since living with parents.  Vegetarianism/veganism for life, son.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12381 on: December 23, 2012, 03:01:15 am »

He will live in Auckland for 6 months.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12382 on: December 23, 2012, 03:41:57 am »

Ugh, I worked from 5PM on Thursday 'til 1 in the morning, then worked 4PM - midnight on Friday without a break. I got up this morning and worked from 9:45 - 3:30, also without a break. Now I don't have to work again 'til next Thursday, but the next 4 days are going to be filled with making the family rounds (including hosting a Thing for my in-laws on Christmas Eve after spending most of the afternoon at my mom's that day). Don't expect to see me here much.

I had a lady give me a $40 tip today for what she considered good service. I thought I actually had given her pretty bad service, since I was distracted by two other customers who wanted stuff while I was trying to help her. But she insisted I take the money.

I put it on top of the register and decided to look for an opportunity to pay it forward. About ten minutes later a lady called wanting some bingo cards for the old folks home she works at, which by some bizarre coincidence we happened to have even though it's not something we would normally carry. So I gave her directions to the store and used part of my "tip" to cover her purchase. When I told her the bill was taken care of, she hugged me. It was a Christmas miracle.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12383 on: December 23, 2012, 01:59:49 pm »

Awww!

I think I'm pretty much skipping Christmas this year. I got ice skates as an early Christmas present and we know how that turned out.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12384 on: December 23, 2012, 04:03:36 pm »

Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12385 on: December 24, 2012, 08:04:13 pm »

Think about how it's Christmas Eve, not Christmas Steve!  (Thanks yitr)
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12386 on: December 25, 2012, 12:07:02 am »

So many people in my parents' house. As is my tradition, I only managed to sleep 2 hours last night because I was so excited/anxious about flying home. Spent the afternoon driving around town talking grocery business with my uncle who is an exec at a SoCal chain of grocery stores.

The biggest Guitar fan I have ever had is my 5 year old cousin who loves electric guitars. I pulled out my cruddy old first guitar and tiny amp and cranked it up and he was quivering and jumping with excitement. Kids are awesome.

I have developed a big dumb crush on a girl who has a boyfriend. I am pretty proud of myself for not deviating from your expectations.

Christmas is a lot more exciting now that I have learned to appreciate food. Tonight: lobster ravioli. Tomorrow: beef wellington. Wednesday: moms get a break and Inev makes carnitas and beans and salsa for everyone.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12387 on: December 25, 2012, 12:20:16 am »

I have developed a big dumb crush on a girl who has a boyfriend. I am pretty proud of myself for not deviating from your expectations.
Water still wet / sky still blue ;)
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12388 on: December 25, 2012, 02:26:26 am »

The biggest Guitar fan I have ever had is my 5 year old cousin who loves electric guitars. I pulled out my cruddy old first guitar and tiny amp and cranked it up and he was quivering and jumping with excitement. Kids are awesome.

That is awesome. Kids can really bring the enthusiasm.

I have developed a big dumb crush on a girl who has a boyfriend. I am pretty proud of myself for not deviating from your expectations.

Was she with her boyfriend at the time? Hell son, go ahead and test the waters.


Christmas is a lot more exciting now that I have learned to appreciate food. Tonight: lobster ravioli. Tomorrow: beef wellington. Wednesday: moms get a break and Inev makes carnitas and beans and salsa for everyone.

You guys are eating good.


Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12389 on: December 25, 2012, 05:04:53 am »

Well, yes. She was with her boyfriend. And I did not know they were dating, so we flirted for what felt like hours. I don't know. I was drunk enough that I am not confident in what her response was to the flirting. The next day I saw him and he smirked at me pretty hard.

My sophomore year of school, this girl used to stare at me in the dining hall. I am certain I mentioned her on here, and you guys said to approach her, and then I made an excuse for not doing it.

I got my brother Portal 2 as a birthday present, so we played co-op mode on that tonight. What an awesome game. This visit is so great. Tomorrow: christmas morning with little kids for the first time in a long time.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 ... 824 825 [826] 827 828 ... 878   Go Up