Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Have you ever woken up to find phrases like "cryogenic baseball player" in your Google search field?

Pages: 1 ... 825 826 [827] 828 829 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1342606 times)

0 Members and 184 Guests are viewing this topic.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12390 on: December 25, 2012, 05:12:44 am »

Merry Christmas, y'all.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12391 on: December 25, 2012, 07:32:06 am »

Ho Ho Ho!
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12392 on: December 25, 2012, 01:56:19 pm »

merry christmas!

opening gifts with a kid who says "THERE'S MORE!?!?!" every time he gets a present is... heartwarming. Glad the west coast cousins made it out this year.

I forgot how excited kids could get about presents. The younger one is carrying his new train around with him, still in the box.

what a fun holiday. Now: breakfast burritos.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12393 on: December 25, 2012, 02:01:29 pm »

Kids are strung out on post-unwrap overload. I had the geekiest Christmas ever -- my stocking was filled with video games, HeroClix figures, Dr. Who and Portal t-shirts, a Starfleet muffuggin' dress, and two (2!) pairs of Portal long-fall socks.

I bought us the biggest stockings I could find this year, yeah. Soon, we will go to my in-laws' for more gifting and large amounts of food.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12394 on: December 25, 2012, 02:37:12 pm »

Yeah!  It's Christmas Mother Fuckers! 

I still wake up like a kid every Christmas, at like 5:30am.  For no reason other than the specialness of the day. 

I will be making a muther fuck*ng seafood feast this afternoon.  Calamari, tempura shrimp and lobster tails.  We had our turkey meal yesterday.

I am also looking forward to the hilarity of my hubby opening the gift labeled "For hubby, for Melanie to use for hubby, from Melanie."  It was in a clearance bin, and I basically had to get it.  Due to my condition, my knockers have increased in size and he is pretty happy about that.   Also, he likes South Park and this is one of the few South Parks I don't hate.

There are some interesting gifts under the tree, and we got the cats and dog presents galore too.  Looking forward to our last Christmas as DINKS!  W00t!
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12395 on: December 25, 2012, 06:42:44 pm »

I am alternating between enjoying my kids' excitement for everything today, and being bummed out because my mom seems depressed and miserable. I cracked open the scotch at noon and am well on my way to being too drunk to give a shit. Also, the ham goes in the oven in about 15 minutes, and it's going to be AWESOME.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12396 on: December 25, 2012, 07:04:53 pm »

I cracked open the scotch at noon and am well on my way to being too drunk to give a shit.
Heh. Once a year I have to be physically present in the same building as my family and once a year I budget out ativans to hug the line between comfortably sedated and comatose.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12397 on: December 25, 2012, 09:55:19 pm »

Pros: my mother-in-law brought me a "make your own six-pack" of beers. Not as a Christmas gift per se, but just "hey I was at the grocery store and picked this up for you."
Cons: one of the beers was a Budweiser Select 55.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Mr Trout

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65528
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 493
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12398 on: December 25, 2012, 10:51:54 pm »

Merry Christmas from Wyoming!

http://instagr.am/p/TrUOnzHiNw/
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12399 on: December 26, 2012, 06:22:22 am »

My parents do not really drink aside from a glass of wine at dinner, but they have a cabinet full of fancy liquors that my mom has bought for cooking. So now I am sipping Courvoisier, watching the Downton Abbey Christmas special, and ordering lots of stripey socks off the internet. Awesome.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12400 on: December 26, 2012, 11:40:08 am »

Christmas eve/day with my Mum, her fiance and my Nana which was a lot of chilling out in a hotel room because my Nan doesn't travel well but still overall very positive. Boxing day today with my dad managed to hit 3 different relli's houses and catch Les Mis and watch my dad totally flirt with a waitress at the coffee shop, I was so outclassed. Also my dad loved the skateboard I got him, which was good because I was kind of stressing on that note.
Only downside is my brother is not only not visiting my dad it seems when he did visit my mum today he was a douche about what he got her, but this exists within the margin for success so Woo! Christmas!
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

doomglobe

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 35
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 410
    • View Profile
    • doom globe
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12401 on: December 27, 2012, 04:57:15 pm »



I bought it, and then realized:
1. he doesn't know how to cook
2. I don't know how to cook steak.

Fix't. - Read in the voice of Lyle.

« Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 05:05:25 pm by doomglobe »
Logged
[expletive deleted]

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12402 on: December 27, 2012, 06:16:03 pm »

Rugby game on the pier. Nothing say post-holiday like violent man on man collisions
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12403 on: December 28, 2012, 01:22:38 am »

Kids are strung out on post-unwrap overload. I had the geekiest Christmas ever -- my stocking was filled with video games, HeroClix figures, Dr. Who and Portal t-shirts, a Starfleet muffuggin' dress, and two (2!) pairs of Portal long-fall socks.
Like an Original Series starfleet dress, such as Uhura or Nurse Chapel would wear?  Rowr.  Pics plz
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12404 on: December 28, 2012, 03:25:56 am »

Grandpa's 80th today. Big dinner with the whole family, then a slideshow my dad made of family photos, going back to when he was a little kid. He cried at the end (so now we know where I got that from) and it was a really intense moment. Man. I also look a lot like him-- lots of photos of him as an awkward 20-something with thick glasses, awkwardly hugging my grandmother. Who was, if this isn't weird to say, a total babe.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 ... 825 826 [827] 828 829 ... 878   Go Up