Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

When the creations of a genius collide with the mind of a layman, and produce an empty sound, there is little doubt as to which is at fault. - Salvador Dali

Pages: 1 ... 835 836 [837] 838 839 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1341729 times)

0 Members and 211 Guests are viewing this topic.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12540 on: January 28, 2013, 08:28:56 pm »

May a pug cough on your shin.

They do a very good job of coughing on my face in the night since one of them is often right on my head. They also like to lie in just the right spot to fart in your face.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12541 on: January 28, 2013, 09:31:38 pm »

Went home for lunch and the pup had dropped a deuce by the door. Second time he's ever done that and he looked deeply ashamed about it. Then the alarm system malfunctioned. It's a shit and sirens afternoon.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 02:07:09 am by side_show »
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12542 on: January 31, 2013, 11:33:22 pm »

...head off to the park to coach for the 2013 youth lacrosse season.  It's getting less nerve wracking in my 4th year doing this, and the kids keep showing up so I must be doing something right.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12543 on: February 02, 2013, 12:27:43 am »

The lady who I thought was ignoring me last week asked if we can reschedule our date tomorrow to start earlier, because she was concerned that she had to be somewhere an hour and a half after we were supposed to meet. She says she would hate to have to leave early.
So it looks like both of us are going into this with a lot of optimism.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Mr Trout

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65528
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 493
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12544 on: February 02, 2013, 03:15:18 am »

I've had great luck with okcupid but I feel like that might be because I've only ever used it in cities with a fair amount of people. I also as a rule kept the messaging phase to an absolute minimum. Two or three back and forth, then set up something casual. Drinks, coffee or maybe lunch in a park (if the girl likes to bike. Then if we click we can just go for a ride somewhere else). I can tell pretty much within a couple minutes of meeting in person whether this is something I would want to pursue further.

Jeez writing this all out makes me feel like I used the site way too much and I am some kind of creeper with a system.

Anyway, today I got first tracks at 9am in a wind-loaded bowl ( a large, slightly concave face of the mountain) with waist-deep blower (extremely light and fluffy snow). I had a shit-eating grin on my face for the rest of the day at work.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12545 on: February 03, 2013, 12:18:48 am »

holy shit, that was a great date. Ended with a weird semi-hug and plans to hang out again later tonight. She is pretty, smart, and nice. Wow.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12546 on: February 03, 2013, 04:05:39 am »

Weird semi-hugs are good for hiding partial erections early in the dating situation where clearly having a partial erection would be too soon of a thing, though.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12547 on: February 03, 2013, 07:12:05 am »

oh man, ready for a classic inev story?

Since it was snowing pretty hard, we decided to just stay in. By which I mean, get slightly drunk sitting on her couch. She was wearing what is clearly a "going out on a date" outfit for a class of person I have never dated (you know, those people who like... wear high leather boots and a tiny black dress and go out dancing). We sat there for several hours drinking and talking about music and family and school and stuff, and there were a few moments where a different dude would have Made the Move, but I knew you guys would be disappointed if I did it. So at a certain point it had clearly dragged on long enough and I had completely sobered up, so I left. Awesome.

Another date: soon. There is so much snow outside. Gorgeous.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 07:52:13 am by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12548 on: February 03, 2013, 05:17:39 pm »

It's okay to be asexual inev, if that's your thing. 
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12549 on: February 03, 2013, 06:41:23 pm »

Actually, I was feeling so not-asexual that I was kind of nauseous. Oh man.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12550 on: February 03, 2013, 07:37:42 pm »

He did it for us, smells! Because he knows the value we place on consistent characterization for our imaginary people.

edit: Or to be more precise, didn't do it.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12551 on: February 03, 2013, 07:42:36 pm »

I plan on letting you guys down with great vigor very soon.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12552 on: February 03, 2013, 08:20:36 pm »

and there were a few moments where a different dude would have Made the Move, but I knew you guys would be disappointed if I did it.

Sorry, we must have gotten our signals crossed somewhere along the line. We'd be disappointed if you did NOT do it. At least me, anyway. So the next time, you'll know.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12553 on: February 03, 2013, 08:26:50 pm »

I consider you to be more of a mildly repressed, mostly sensative guy, who overcomes this (with vigor).  It's the triumph of your character when you get your bone on. 

Actually, in a lot of ways, I think of you as the Dustin Hoffman character in the graduate. 
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12554 on: February 03, 2013, 09:07:47 pm »

I plan on letting you guys down with great vigor very soon.
Best line on TOUAMB in a while!  Although LFM's crack about overnight dates was pretty good too.  But he does that for a living.  Or something anyway.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.
Pages: 1 ... 835 836 [837] 838 839 ... 878   Go Up