Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

TERRIBLE!

Pages: 1 ... 870 871 [872] 873 874 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1344017 times)

0 Members and 181 Guests are viewing this topic.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #13065 on: June 05, 2013, 01:26:26 am »

More like 90% if you ask me.

And it's not like it would be hard to edit any of them down. It's not because there's too much plot they're trying to cram in or anything. It's that every single scene goes on for slightly longer than it needs to to make its point and it all adds up to a whole lot of extra nothing.

The reason the number isn't higher for me is that there are a lot of long movies that I love. Like ridiculously long.

Two examples of movies I don't love that immediately come to mind are Inception and Avatar. I don't think either could have been great (in my mind, I don't want to start a debate), but I wouldn't have been clawing at my seat (or snoring loudly in the case of Inception) by the end had at least 45 minutes been cut out of each movie. More like an hour in the case of Avatar. I think I would have enjoyed them at least.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #13066 on: June 05, 2013, 02:00:52 am »

When I was a kid my mother had a subscription to Readers Digest Condensed Books. I want there to be Condensed Movies.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #13067 on: June 05, 2013, 03:26:07 am »

Today I realized that the reason I thought I didn't like Whiskey is that my roommates always buy Rye Whiskey. No. Bourbon is very good.

Yesterday I saw the season premier of the Venture Brothers, and damn was it great. You should all be watching that show. This recap of the first 4 seasons is awesome.

The season premier is on Youtube. You can thank me later.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #13068 on: June 05, 2013, 03:44:27 am »

When I was a kid my mother had a subscription to Readers Digest Condensed Books. I want there to be Condensed Movies.

Haha, Reader's Digest Condensed Books.  I think I still have a few around.  For lots of books, 90 pages or so is just about right...
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

doomglobe

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 35
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 410
    • View Profile
    • doom globe
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #13069 on: June 05, 2013, 05:20:35 pm »

Today I realized that the reason I thought I didn't like Whiskey is that my roommates always buy Rye Whiskey. No. Bourbon is very good.


Scotch.
Logged
[expletive deleted]

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #13070 on: June 05, 2013, 06:37:08 pm »

(or snoring loudly in the case of Inception)

I fell asleep during inception as well. I think I mentioned that here somewhere.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #13071 on: June 05, 2013, 06:39:02 pm »

TIG read the title of a junk email from Omaha Steaks as Obama's Mistakes.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #13072 on: June 06, 2013, 04:04:46 am »

This lady complaining in my neighborhood group about "loud music" right now is in for a sad couple of months. She lives a block away from the park, where they have free concerts until 10 pm every wednesday all summer.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #13073 on: June 06, 2013, 01:29:56 pm »

I fell asleep during inception as well. I think I mentioned that here somewhere.

There's a joke in there somewhere.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #13074 on: June 06, 2013, 05:08:55 pm »

There's a joke in there somewhere.

Yeah, I was searching for it. Can we get sMets on the job?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

doomglobe

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 35
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 410
    • View Profile
    • doom globe
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #13075 on: June 06, 2013, 05:35:50 pm »

One for bourbon, one for scotch, one for...

Asherdan, you just set me up to have a George Thorogood weekend. I hope you feel responsible. Because I'm buh buh buh buh baaaad.
Logged
[expletive deleted]

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #13076 on: June 09, 2013, 03:42:16 am »

This one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Otr5cd2K25E

In memorium of my dead and gone youth and those lost ass halcyon days of my misspent yout, today I'm gonna do it again, on my fuck*ng head.

You know why? To show myself I still gots it. Whatever 'it' is.

What it is, indeed. Also, I suspect you are what my associates would call "Dad Drunk". And "Dad Drunk" is always a good show. Especially once he starts dancing and says things like my lady's dad: "When are you guys going to get the hell out of my house? Thanks for stopping by and all, but damn. I waited 24 years to get her out of my house so I could drink beer and get lazy in style. Then you bring her back. What is that all about?"
« Last Edit: June 09, 2013, 04:25:10 am by Arachno-capitalist »
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

doomglobe

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 35
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 410
    • View Profile
    • doom globe
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #13077 on: June 10, 2013, 07:32:12 pm »

Goddam Doomie, I hope that plan is working out for you so far.


I had a zztop monday morning, complete with cheap sunglasses. This thing went okay, but I probably shouldn't talk about it unless I remember the whole thing.
Logged
[expletive deleted]

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #13078 on: June 12, 2013, 03:51:37 am »

Just went on a very nice date with part of the 1%-- the 1% of girls can actually pull off bangs. Oh man.

It is easy to feel like it is a "good date" when you are both people who clearly love to talk. Hmm.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

doomglobe

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 35
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 410
    • View Profile
    • doom globe
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #13079 on: June 12, 2013, 09:54:51 pm »

Just went on a very nice date with part of the 1%-- the 1% of girls can actually pull off bangs. Oh man.

It is easy to feel like it is a "good date" when you are both people who clearly love to talk. Hmm.

Dude lots of girls are good at banging. I've only dated like one girl who couldn't really pull off bangs... well no wait two... You just need to be open minded about how you bang them.
Logged
[expletive deleted]
Pages: 1 ... 870 871 [872] 873 874 ... 878   Go Up