Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Sssshhh...I'm discovering Sleater-Kinney. This is a special time in a boy's life.

Pages: 1 ... 872 873 [874] 875 876 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1342322 times)

0 Members and 162 Guests are viewing this topic.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #13095 on: June 15, 2013, 05:47:55 am »

The dark and stormy life of CortJstr.

gold.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #13096 on: June 15, 2013, 07:03:54 am »

I'm only allowed to give one can per hour.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #13097 on: June 15, 2013, 12:41:55 pm »

So I'm a pretty cutrhroat capitalist guy. Last night I had  a contractor who I needed to install central air. Around 1AM I had grown tired of his nonsense and his cases of beer were accumulating. This is when he went violent. He made very disparaging comments about my mother and it came to blows. The electrician  begged him to 'you don't want to...' And here we are. I've got a new electrician, a built out house, and a clean conscience.


The transaction of money for product or service is awesome. When you start violence, that is a whole different ballgame.

Grandpa: "I heard there are problems. I heard you are causing problems."
Me: "I understand,."

::Click::



And that is how I learned to shut the fuck up.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 01:25:55 am by Arachno-capitalist »
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

doomglobe

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 35
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 410
    • View Profile
    • doom globe
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #13098 on: June 17, 2013, 04:23:55 pm »

Are you writing a screenplay with a narration track?
Logged
[expletive deleted]

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #13099 on: June 17, 2013, 10:17:31 pm »

People got upset when I walked up to my hoss and just started rubbing the dickens out of the itchy spots on his head and telling him what a good steak he was.

Silly people. hosss are vegetarians, they don't know what a steak is.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #13100 on: June 18, 2013, 06:21:45 am »

so basically they don't know how to whisper is what you're saying
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

doomglobe

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 35
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 410
    • View Profile
    • doom globe
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #13101 on: June 18, 2013, 05:51:35 pm »

It's hilarious because they listen to your English words, and not the tone of your voice or your mannerisms. I think a lot of people have trouble putting themselves in a hoss' shoes, mainly on accounta they don't like nails in their feet, and can't imagine giving anyone else a ride.

They ask you for advice and you tell them something in a language that is foreign to them, but they don't even know you're speaking it, because of their sad, cold souls. That gelding probably needs whatever attention you give him, after what he's been through.
Logged
[expletive deleted]

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #13102 on: June 18, 2013, 06:06:22 pm »

Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #13103 on: June 18, 2013, 07:49:18 pm »

Your pronunciation was great.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #13104 on: June 18, 2013, 10:32:26 pm »

today I spent 4 hours at a coffee shop trying to re-learn simple algebra. What the fuck.

I had, until today, a belief that working a job I hate 40 hours a week for 3 years had taught me something about patience or persistence. That is false. Staring at a stupid word problem for 10 minutes was infinitely worse than 8 hours of that easy, stupid job.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

doomglobe

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 35
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 410
    • View Profile
    • doom globe
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #13105 on: June 18, 2013, 11:27:15 pm »

today I spent 4 hours at a coffee shop trying to re-learn simple algebra. What the fuck.

I had, until today, a belief that working a job I hate 40 hours a week for 3 years had taught me something about patience or persistence. That is false. Staring at a stupid word problem for 10 minutes was infinitely worse than 8 hours of that easy, stupid job.

Looking forward to a lifetime of thinking or maybe action, however, is much more uplifting than a lifetime of changing coffee filters. Nothing easy is very rewarding.
Logged
[expletive deleted]

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #13106 on: June 19, 2013, 12:14:03 am »

It would help if I knew that they definitely cared about the math section. They probably don't, but I am worried about my other credentials (middle of the road grades, almost zero relevant experience, not sure who to ask to write me a recommendation).

Lately I keep interacting with friends/coworkers who are trying to tell me to "work my way up" to an urban planning job, as if I haven't been applying to low-level jobs in the kind of career I want for 3 years. "Didn't you have an internship and quit? You shouldn't have quit." I need to learn how to tell people to fuck off, so badly.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

doomglobe

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 35
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 410
    • View Profile
    • doom globe
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #13107 on: June 19, 2013, 05:42:01 pm »

No one in industry cares about your grades. Extraordinary grades might get you a little more money your first year out of school, but from there on out your credibility comes from the work you produce. You need math if you want to do something that involves math. It seems like you hate math, and struggle with it, so maybe leave the mathing to people for whom it is second nature, and instead focus on what you like and/or are good at.


As for telling people to fuck off... you can practice on me. Seriously. Take offense at the snide way I told you to give up on math.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 05:46:06 pm by doomglobe »
Logged
[expletive deleted]

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #13108 on: June 19, 2013, 06:19:24 pm »

You can really work your way up to an urban planning job? You know that I have some skepticism about the higher education-industrial complex, but I feel like it would be better to have our urbs planned by someone with some relevant education. Am I wrong about this?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #13109 on: June 19, 2013, 08:28:57 pm »

Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc
Pages: 1 ... 872 873 [874] 875 876 ... 878   Go Up