Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

RT@achewood Surprising fact: wearing clothes burns 12 more calories per day than nudity.

Pages: 1 ... 873 874 [875] 876 877 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1342709 times)

0 Members and 177 Guests are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #13110 on: June 19, 2013, 10:02:03 pm »

No, you mostly can't. If you want to work at a nonprofit affordable housing type gig,which is one possible goal for me, you maybe can, theoretically, but when i apply to those jobs i get beaten by someone with a Masters degree. Maybe if I were better at handling my time I could be interning somewhere like that.

What if I end up in Chicago for grad school? Is that "irony?" The university of Illinois at Chicago seems to have interesting research going on. Whenever I start reading that stuff I imagine the alternate universe where it makes sense to go for a PhD in anthro/sociology/urban studies. Don't do it, Dan.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #13111 on: June 20, 2013, 07:43:29 pm »

TIG get my mom's old laptop and bring it home. Hooray! I'll be around a lot more now, ladies and gents.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

doomglobe

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 35
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 410
    • View Profile
    • doom globe
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #13112 on: June 20, 2013, 11:17:51 pm »

I need a new laptop... I bought my current laptop before Achewood even existed.
Logged
[expletive deleted]

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #13113 on: June 22, 2013, 10:44:34 am »

God has His day rugby has Saturday.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #13114 on: June 23, 2013, 06:40:39 pm »

... make a facebook page for my art stuff because people seem to like it. if you and me ain't friends over there, come on by and shoot me a thing. if we're friends there already, awesome. anybody want an avatar? just ask.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #13115 on: June 23, 2013, 08:51:49 pm »

Night rugby. Rugby isn't for everyone, but night rugby lit by jeeps is AWESOME
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #13116 on: June 23, 2013, 10:27:18 pm »

That does sound pretty good.  Even better if its raining, I reckon.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #13117 on: June 24, 2013, 12:01:55 pm »

Down 150 on futures? Today looks like fun! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boj75h3urLU
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

doomglobe

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 35
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 410
    • View Profile
    • doom globe
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #13118 on: June 24, 2013, 07:50:21 pm »

My power animal is a panda bear.
Logged
[expletive deleted]

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #13119 on: June 24, 2013, 08:33:51 pm »

This week I have my first appointment ever with a psychiatrist. Trying not to be nervous.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #13120 on: June 24, 2013, 09:24:37 pm »

Down 150 on futures? Today looks like fun! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boj75h3urLU
I'm young enough to still take orders without question. Boss man said "hold". I'm just glad today is over.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

doomglobe

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 35
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 410
    • View Profile
    • doom globe
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #13121 on: June 24, 2013, 09:43:24 pm »

Market's been plumetting for weeks. Had you shorsold nearly anything a month ago you'd be fabulous now.
Logged
[expletive deleted]

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #13122 on: June 24, 2013, 09:58:08 pm »

Market's been plumetting for weeks. Had you shorsold nearly anything a month ago you'd be fabulous now.
My cat is "fabulous". I am "fuck*ng brilliant"  Mufasa is as gay as the day is long ( As in, he is in to other dude cats). A-cap has multiple heart attacks on Monday.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #13123 on: June 25, 2013, 04:31:31 pm »

This week I have my first appointment ever with a psychiatrist. Trying not to be nervous.
I assume it went well.  Last person you need to be nervous about is a psychiatrist.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

doomglobe

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 35
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 410
    • View Profile
    • doom globe
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #13124 on: June 25, 2013, 11:29:07 pm »

I have had some terrible experiences with psychiatrists. Their entire profession exists as an ego vent, analysis of another mind implies the superiority of your own. Most of the 'science' their practice is founded on is unproven and unprovable, and none of their treatments have high success rates. They support each other's irresponsible decisions because they're all making lots of money. More than one has malpracticed me, and by the time I realized it it was too late to do anything about it.
Logged
[expletive deleted]
Pages: 1 ... 873 874 [875] 876 877 878   Go Up