Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood There’s no Day for apologizing to our parents for all the stupid shit we put them through. Perhaps because we never finish before they die.

Pages: 1 ... 874 875 [876] 877 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1342015 times)

0 Members and 189 Guests are viewing this topic.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #13125 on: June 26, 2013, 12:20:17 am »

analysis of another mind implies the superiority of your own.

I agree that there are problems with psychiatry, but I don't follow you here. I don't see how that is implied.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #13126 on: June 26, 2013, 12:53:50 am »

I see how it is, but I am that type.  Don't eat at night, excersize and smoke a shit load of sativa, that is advice that would help all but the anorexic.  Well, hey, let's try eat very healthily, excersize, drink a lot of water and smoke a massive amount of sativa.  Also, don't drink or do other drugs except for tripping about once a year.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #13127 on: June 26, 2013, 12:55:01 am »

Oh, and find exercise that you enjoy doing- not so you continue, but for the mental health aspects (also so you'll keep doing it).
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #13128 on: June 26, 2013, 02:47:32 am »

I am mostly just trying to get my old prescription for ADD medicine replenished. Or a new prescription for a similar drug.

Recently I had the revelation (with the help of my prematurely wise sister) that most of my "problems" are just my positive characteristics gone out of control. Being nice to jerks, caring about other people's feelings too much, etc. The rest of my problems can be mostly categorized under "symptoms of that brain thing you are diagnosed with." And I think having a little boost could help a lot. So here's hoping tomorrow goes well.


Recently my most bitter, hard-to-be-around "friend" mentioned in conversation that she really wants to seek mental health assistance, but is terrified her (immigrant) parents would find out somehow and think there was something really wrong with her.

I have a hard time tolerating people whose neuroses and personal problems are deflected outwards rather than inwards. Have some dignity and just hate yourself, instead of taking it out on everyone else. But hearing about her parent issues made her a little easier to tolerate for a few minutes.

(I guess she probably hates herself, too.)
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #13129 on: June 26, 2013, 03:59:12 am »

The fancy invite-only kickoff party for the gay pride festival this weekend is literally called "The White Party."
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #13130 on: June 26, 2013, 04:16:08 am »

Also, don't drink or do other drugs except for tripping about once a year.

Only once a year?  Guess I need to cut back.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #13131 on: June 26, 2013, 05:52:46 am »

Dang, cold bringing it old man.  Yeah, I think I kinda learned what the psychedelics I can get teach, just need a reminder occasionally.  I would definitely do mescaline or dmt much more freely than lsd, mushrooms or the 2c-class of research chems, just cause I have already done those ones enough.  LSD/2ce/2ci/2cb/mephedrone/e are all really fun, but I can't say that mushrooms are really a enjoyable experience for me.  They aren't negative, but it isn't like, oh yeah, we got some blow/e/lsd, lets have some fun, it is like work or some such.  I actually said I would never take them again, but I am probably taking a massive dose here shortly, as something of a test.

I can also say, some of my best moments of tripping where massive doses of mushrooms outside, but, just, IDK, eating those nasty things gets everything started negatively for me?
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 05:56:42 am by KeithHernandez »
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #13132 on: June 26, 2013, 02:50:24 pm »

what happens when a thread his a thousand pages, do we win a prize
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #13133 on: June 26, 2013, 03:00:06 pm »

what happens when a thread his a thousand pages, do we win a prize

Onstad publishes a strip.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #13134 on: June 26, 2013, 03:36:10 pm »

I am mostly just trying to get my old prescription for ADD medicine replenished. Or a new prescription for a similar drug.

Recently I had the revelation (with the help of my prematurely wise sister) that most of my "problems" are just my positive characteristics gone out of control. Being nice to jerks, caring about other people's feelings too much, etc. The rest of my problems can be mostly categorized under "symptoms of that brain thing you are diagnosed with." And I think having a little boost could help a lot. So here's hoping tomorrow goes well.

Pedro just read a book called No More Mr. Nice Guy and it changed his life. You should check it out. It's short, only about 6.5 hours in audiobook format, if that's more your speed (and only one credit on Audible.com.) I recommend it to any guy who is constantly being told that he's "too nice."
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #13135 on: June 26, 2013, 05:00:58 pm »

When I was in Berkeley I had this encounter with a man on the street.

"Hey guys, I've got two questions for you."
"Ok..."
"Do you like shrooms?"
"No."
"Oh. uh, forget the second question."
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #13136 on: June 26, 2013, 05:38:40 pm »

We used to go down Berzerkly way and buy squads of those purple stemmed dirt tasting little bitches and then stop at Carl's Jr. and get some Western Bacon Cheeseburgers and turn them into western bacon trip burgers. As a delivery system, they kinda helped. If you weren't, like, vegulon and such.

Then I'd drive like hell back over the Altamont, trying t get back to the valley before 'plastic-land' kicked in. Didn't always make it.

What you should have done is take those guys home and saute them because they are actually pretty delicious.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #13137 on: June 26, 2013, 06:54:18 pm »

Not to paint with too broad a brush, but a large proportion of the undergrad mycology students at Humboldt were just there to learn how to grow magic mushrooms (at first - they are apparently ridiculously easy to grow).  The ones who stayed with the program for more than 2 years were actually interested in the biology; there was a pretty high rate of attrition.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

doomglobe

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 35
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 410
    • View Profile
    • doom globe
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #13138 on: June 26, 2013, 06:57:12 pm »

Onstad publishes a strip.


hahaha you wish
Logged
[expletive deleted]

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #13139 on: June 27, 2013, 05:33:23 pm »

I have had some terrible experiences with psychiatrists. Their entire profession exists as an ego vent, analysis of another mind implies the superiority of your own. Most of the 'science' their practice is founded on is unproven and unprovable, and none of their treatments have high success rates. They support each other's irresponsible decisions because they're all making lots of money. More than one has malpracticed me, and by the time I realized it it was too late to do anything about it.

Yes, this is a generalization, but I feel like I am agreeink with you here. Also, those meds that turn people into fuck*ng zombies and have side effects that require further medication. Fuck that shit. My friends are falling like leaves to that 21st century schizoid man bullshit.

Me? Tell you what, I'm spending more and more time thinking real hard about coming back to Catholicism. At least there they give you (and encourage you to) take control of your own goddamn conscience and assume responsibility over your actions/failures.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 05:50:23 pm by dejavroom »
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.
Pages: 1 ... 874 875 [876] 877 878   Go Up