no, see, the problem is that when I buy tight clothes, they are too short. My parents prefer for me to hide my skinniness, I think. Also, they are obviously coming at teen fashion from a warped perspective-- my parents were into disco. Be serious. I don't go for the tight jeans, though. Well, I mean, I go for jeans which my parents consider tight, but my friends consider loose.
my main problem is that I only find clothes I like in weird situations. All of my favorite shirts have a story like "I was at a vintage clothing store, and they had "Cowboy Shirts," and they didn't have sizes on them-- they were all fitted-- and apparently some cowboy had almost the exact same proportions as me, so the shirt fits perfectly."
I kind of want to go to American Apparel, but that is a hell of a lot of money to pay for
Red Undies.
The one time I got a shirt from there, it was a white t-shirt. The first time I washed it, there was some sort of chemical reaction with my deoderant, and now the armpits are that ugly bleach color. So, there goes 20 bucks. I really like the band t-shirts I have that are made by them, though-- so soft.
To be honest, the people whose fashion sense I most admire seem to mostly wear a combination of really expensive american apparel stuff, and torn old salvation army stuff. All of their ****** are cut off right below the knee for biking ability. I could not pull this look off. Also, lots of tattoos and piercings. tattoos of horrible shit like... I think a vomiting bear?
my desire to dress like these people is also curtailed by two things:
-there is something very crass about dressing like a broke bike-punk kid when your parents are paying ungodly amounts of money to send you to college. There is also something weird about the fact that although my parents often offer to pay for clothes, my favorite clothes are the things I buy myself for super-cheap.
-I dont like the idea that people looking at me would assume that I was basically scum. I like the fun part where they are in cool bands, not the part where they say "I tried Heroin today! It was ok I guess, I like coke better."
basically I am too much of a nice, nerdy guy. Which I guess is probably a good reason.