Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Listen, I've been duped by "English-speaking" pizza places before.

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1348680 times)

0 Members and 220 Guests are viewing this topic.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #210 on: August 15, 2007, 04:39:39 pm »

Oh. Right.  4-D is free here, as is having a baby in general.  But, yeah, college over womb-pic any day.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #211 on: August 16, 2007, 04:07:16 pm »

Today I proclaim I am officially tired of Summer.

Open the schools, let the trees change colours and drop leaves, start real football, make it possible to nap on lunch and bring on deer season.

I'm tired of unending discomfort from warmth and the terror of fire. Gimmee Fall!

A-MEN. 

Yet, it is 101 in Raleigh today.  Therefore...

Today I'm gonna do everything in my power to not go outside.  Six hours of classic Sesame Street vids, anyone? 

I'm also gonna try to pack up all my non-maternity clothes.  There's really no point pretending any more. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #212 on: August 16, 2007, 04:09:44 pm »

Six hours of classic Sesame Street vids, anyone? 

I think The Electric Company is available on DVD now.  That might be a nice break for you. 

I'm in the all-Disney-all-the-time phase right now.  Or, rather, Audrey is.

Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #213 on: August 16, 2007, 04:12:00 pm »

Oh, I wasn't complaining.  I heart classic sesame street.  Did you know Oscar was originally orange? 

Although, he's watching Thomas right now.  I do prefer not to be in the room for that. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #214 on: August 16, 2007, 04:14:00 pm »

Yeah, I feel you.  The kid asked for two Thomas videos a year ago and then promptly forgot about them, which pleases me to no end. 

The only show I can stand for multiple viewings is Little Einsteins. 
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #215 on: August 16, 2007, 04:16:51 pm »

Oh, Little Einsteins drives me nuts.  I don't mind Baby Einstein, those are easy to tune out.  Personally, I dig on Veggie Tales.  And we just got a Kipper DVD from my brother's family, which is cool if you imagine you're high on marijuana while you watch. 

Can I just take this opportunity to state: I TOTALLY HATE ON THE MICKEY penis CLUBHOUSE. 

That is all. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #216 on: August 16, 2007, 04:18:32 pm »

Can I just take this opportunity to state: I TOTALLY HATE ON THE MICKEY penis CLUBHOUSE. 

You may.  And I will be right there with you.
Logged

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #217 on: August 16, 2007, 04:27:52 pm »

god DAMN you, Ash, now I've got that fuck*ng hot dog song stuck in my head.

Now I have to do the "Byyyyyyyyyyyyy....MENNEN!" trick to get it out. 

Phew.  It worked. 
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #218 on: August 16, 2007, 04:39:55 pm »

god DAMN you, Ash, now I've got that fuck*ng hot dog song stuck in my head.

Now I have to do the "Byyyyyyyyyyyyy....MENNEN!" trick to get it out. 

Phew.  It worked. 


Mennen should market an anti-earworm product.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #219 on: August 16, 2007, 05:21:46 pm »

From an MBA/marketing point of view, I like the Mickey penis Clubhouse.  For some time I've wondered why exactly kids are supposed to go ga-ga over Mickey when they go to Disneyworld, because it's not like Mickey penis cartoons have been part of the collective popular conciousness for like 40 years or so.  Thus, it's a good move for Disney to get kids interested in Mickey as a character again.

From a parental point of view, I think the show kind of sucks, but it's not as bad as some of the crap that's out there.  Like the Doddlebops.  They freak me the hell out.

Today I am going to go to RFK Stadium and watch Cole Hamels (or as I prefer to call him, Hole Camels) and the Phillies shut out the Nats.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #220 on: August 16, 2007, 05:40:15 pm »

I draw the line at the Doodlebops.  My son is not allowed to watch that $#!+. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #221 on: August 16, 2007, 05:43:45 pm »

Today Im gonna earn my Master's. Not degree, no that would be too meaningful, instead I mean master's as in the teamsters union sense of the word that Ive mastered something. I recall reading about ancient trade unions where a dude was called a master after he created his "masterpiece". Ive done no such thing. Ive just spent a lot of hours with a trainer who hates me so I can continue making money while im in college.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #222 on: August 16, 2007, 06:41:22 pm »

We actually finally blocked the Disney Channel because the 8 year old gets the shakes if a 1/2 hour goes by without it. But the two year-old likes Micky penis Clubhouse (and DAMN that Hot Dog song, as soon as I read the words in the post...)

C'mon gues, admit it, the girl doodlebop totally gives you wood but the creepy eurogayness of the whole thing just ruins it. Anyone remember the "bugaloos"? It's just a rehash of that I think.

For really creepy eurostyle weirdness how about  that Lazytown?
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #223 on: August 16, 2007, 06:45:51 pm »

Today Im gonna earn my Master's. Not degree, no that would be too meaningful, instead I mean master's as in the teamsters union sense of the word that Ive mastered something. I recall reading about ancient trade unions where a dude was called a master after he created his "masterpiece". Ive done no such thing. Ive just spent a lot of hours with a trainer who hates me so I can continue making money while im in college.

Are you in a trade and going to college? That's cool! What is it that you are doing?
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #224 on: August 16, 2007, 06:56:13 pm »

DAMN that Hot Dog song

TMBG, what hast thou wrought? 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 878   Go Up