Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Note how white pepper, ground freshly into one's hand, makes it smell as though you've been rubbing your open palm around on a horse's anus.

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1349215 times)

0 Members and 195 Guests are viewing this topic.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #240 on: August 20, 2007, 03:06:21 am »

I think if I had to drink Budweiser all day I'd kill myself.

Not that I'm a beer snob, because I'm not.  But I hate Budweiser.

My great-grandfather drove a delivery truck for Budweiser.  This was back in the day when delivery drivers were also salesmen.  His job was to drive to a bar, buy everyone a round of Bud, and convince the barkeep that Budweiser was the superior brew.  Drive to next bar, and repeat.  Yes.  He got paid to drink and drive.  He'd come home from work every night completely plastered. 

This must've been...oh, just after Prohibition was repealed?  Mid-to-late 1930's?  Because my grandmother was still living at home and she & my grandfather got married around '40. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #241 on: August 20, 2007, 03:42:18 am »

I dont know why people talk about Bud like its the sin of all beers. There is a universe of beers worse than budweiser and keep in mind that anheuser-busch has a 53% market share of beer sales in america and has similar shares internationally (the Chinese for instance, LOVE THE SHIT out of budweiser). Im not saying that classic bud is my favorite beer, but its certainly not on the 10 worst beers either. As for beer tasting on the job, I've had minutes old bud, rolling rock, bud light, king cobra (yuck), bud ice, and a few others that we make at my particular brewery. The thing about QA beer tasting, which is actually done mostly in the brewhouse lab as opposed to the product quality control lab (the PQA lab tests things like can/bottle/package integrity, finished ph and balling levels, etc while the brewhouse lab where i go has to taste every stage of the beer and break it down to its chemical components and taste them as well. No matter how much you think you like beer, you do not want to taste king cobra wort at high ballin levels. gag) is that you learn to hone in on different things that make one appreciate and dislike certain things about beer. For instance, since training as i have, i can no longer drink Red Stripe because I can taste the chlorine levels of the water used in their brewery. Also, I can tell if an imported beer was exposed to light by the flavors of certain acids.

The more you know...
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #242 on: August 20, 2007, 04:45:59 am »

My dislike for Bud is purely taste-driven.  It's not cultural or anti-megabrew or anything like that.  I love Miller High Life.  I have Busch in my fridge.  I'll drink Strohs or even the Beast.

I drink good beer too.

I just don't like Bud and I never have.  It has a ricey taste to it that sets my taste buds on edge.

I don't like the taste of it.  Nothing more, nothing less.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #243 on: August 20, 2007, 04:50:54 am »

My dislike for Bud is purely taste-driven.  It's not cultural or anti-megabrew or anything like that.  I love Miller High Life.  I have Busch in my fridge.  I'll drink Strohs or even the Beast.

I drink good beer too.

I just don't like Bud and I never have.  It has a ricey taste to it that sets my taste buds on edge.

I don't like the taste of it.  Nothing more, nothing less.

It is the rice that bothers me as well. In the bewing industry rice is regarded a cheap adjunt ingedient that detracts from the star of the show: the hops. Also, as expensive and time consuming as the beechwood aging process is, I don't care for the beechwood flavor.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #244 on: August 20, 2007, 05:03:48 am »

I haven't had a bud for a while but I seem to remember them being more palatable than fosters.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #245 on: August 20, 2007, 12:56:15 pm »

Today I'm gonna get really pissed off about the utility construction going on in front of my house at 8 AM on my only day this week to sleep in.  Especially after they ring my doorbell and risk waking up my kid (who has a cold and was up until after midnight because cold medicine makes him hyper) in order to ask me to move my neighbor's van.  This happened five minutes after Pedro left for work, when they could easily have asked him on the way out. 

I'm not gonna be able to get out of my fuck*ng driveway all day.  They did this on Thursday, too, except they started at 6:30.  I had to wait ten minutes so they could move their machinery before I could take my kid to preschool.  He was late. 

I think they should have to give you 24 hour's notice before they wake you up and block your driveway. 

I am so ready to leave this house.  This, or maybe the sudden kitchen ant infestation, is the final nail in the coffin.  Moving day: Saturday! 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #246 on: August 20, 2007, 02:00:01 pm »

Today I'm gonna be really tired because we had a party last night. It was a really rockin' party by our standards, which means we played Celebrities and Taboo and Trivial Pursuit. Oh man it was so crazy. You should've seen the people pantomiming Paul Reed Smith and Barbara Boxer.
Logged

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #247 on: August 20, 2007, 02:30:48 pm »

Today I'm going to bum around and do nothing.

Hooray vacation!
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #248 on: August 20, 2007, 04:11:37 pm »

today I had a doctor's appointment. now, I am going to go to Target to return some (unused) briefs that I accidentally bought because they were on the same rack as the boxers. I am also going to go to the bank to deposit a paycheck.

Um, I might hang out with my friend Clay later, but maybe he's already back at school? This is the guy A-CAP knows.
Also: plot how I am going to try to get The Flaming Lips to do an interview on my radio show when they play in St Louis. I have no idea how likely or unlikely this is.

Yesterday I saw Superbad, which was pretty solidly hilarious. Yesterday was also my last day of work, and my good friend's birthday. I sent her a birthday message in which I called her a Cutie-Patootie, which she hopefully got a giggle out of. I am probably going to make her a mix cd, because I feel weird about getting people presents. or else, I might get her some jokey "Southern" present if I can think of one.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2007, 04:18:37 pm by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #249 on: August 20, 2007, 05:23:24 pm »

Today Im going to work, because its monday. Y'all need to get a job.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #250 on: August 20, 2007, 05:37:12 pm »

Ha ha! Football draft today, suckas!

I haven't had a bud for a while but I seem to remember them being more palatable than fosters.

Whatever happened to KB? They put it out in a giant gold can. I sure liked that beer.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #251 on: August 20, 2007, 05:43:17 pm »


Um, I might hang out with my friend Clay later, but maybe he's already back at school? This is the guy A-CAP knows.
.

Tell him he is a low man. A man lower than Brian Cocks. Then shake his hand firmly, say "kai (said like eye but with a k in front) then tell him the eye of wooglin is upon him. At this point his mind will be blown because he will know infinitely more about your own words than you do.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #252 on: August 20, 2007, 06:18:58 pm »

I'm pretty sure he is gone to school. Of course, he isn't returning my calls, which probably means... nothing. he never returns my calls, because he is a ridiculous man.

Yeah, um, he is at school now. And apparently he gets really bad phone reception there.

bastard owes me 50$.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #253 on: August 20, 2007, 07:07:53 pm »

Tell him he is a low man. A man lower than Brian Cocks. Then shake his hand firmly, say "kai (said like eye but with a k in front) then tell him the eye of wooglin is upon him. At this point his mind will be blown because he will know infinitely more about your own words than you do.

Whatever you do behind the closed doors of your venerable institution is up to you guys.  But you can count me the hell out of your public sheep paddlin'.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #254 on: August 20, 2007, 07:51:37 pm »

Public sheep paddlin'? You better believe that's a paddlin'.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 878   Go Up