Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I haven't had a haircut since July. I'm hoping to, "wait it out."

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1349347 times)

0 Members and 183 Guests are viewing this topic.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #285 on: August 22, 2007, 08:47:58 am »

I can't find the thread where we were talking about it, but it was another version of number 18 from this list.
The hat, as I said, is mine.

Oh wait actually it was this site. I'll leave the other one because it's also hilariously cool.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #286 on: August 22, 2007, 01:44:01 pm »

EDIT: I think we oughta have another photo thread, yes? I was reading through the old thread, and JL, this is quite possibly the cutest daddy-baby photo ever.

Yes, another photo thread.  Where's Paul? 

Also, if you think that pic is cute, you ain't seen nothin' yet. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #287 on: August 22, 2007, 02:55:50 pm »

I am chock full of eggy goodness.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #288 on: August 22, 2007, 03:28:49 pm »

I am chock full of eggy goodness.

You're always sunny-side up, AW. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #289 on: August 22, 2007, 05:29:29 pm »

I can't find the thread where we were talking about it, but it was another version of number 18 from this list.
The hat, as I said, is mine.

Oh wait actually it was this site. I'll leave the other one because it's also hilariously cool.

Man, I have some of those albums.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #290 on: August 22, 2007, 07:17:56 pm »

EDIT: I think we oughta have another photo thread, yes? I was reading through the old thread, and JL, this is quite possibly the cutest daddy-baby photo ever. You have a lovely family. I can't believe how much hair Pearce had when he was so tiny!!

We are cuter!  Cuter I say!
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #291 on: August 22, 2007, 07:27:08 pm »

We are cuter!  Cuter I say!

Awwwwww! 

Is her/your hair really as reddish as it looks in that photo?  Or is it a trick of the light/my laptop screen being funky? 

My brother-in-law randomly has red hair even though nobody else in the family does.  My grandmother's was CUNT blonde, so I'm hoping there are enough red-hair genes floating around somewhere that we have a little red-haired kiddo.  Pedro comes from a family of five and none of them look alike.  (Pedro and his youngest bro did as babies, but they don't any more.)  I think that's neat.  I want kids that don't appear to be related to each other. 

There was a family in my school growing up, there were five of them and they all looked pretty much alike: straight dark brown hair, thin face, glasses by the age of eight.  The kind of kid where as soon as #3 walked into the classroom the teacher knew his name, his parent's names, and that he would be good at math but have bad penmanship.  I'd like to not burden my kids with that if possible. 

What was I talking about?  Damn, I need a nap. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #292 on: August 22, 2007, 09:16:51 pm »

I want kids that don't appear to be related to each other. 

There was a family in my school growing up, there were five of them and they all looked pretty much alike: straight dark brown hair, thin face, glasses by the age of eight.  The kind of kid where as soon as #3 walked into the classroom the teacher knew his name, his parent's names, and that he would be good at math but have bad penmanship.  I'd like to not burden my kids with that if possible. 

I have an idea of how I could help you with that . . .

This would have been funnier if the doctor hadn't held a quilting bee in my junk.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2007, 09:23:01 pm by Nabubrush drinks (a lot) »
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #293 on: August 22, 2007, 09:27:35 pm »

I have an idea of how I could help you with that . . .

Nabu, you're such a whore. 

Besides, you're too late.  If the first two look alike but the rest look different, the spell is broken. 

Where were you four and a half months ago? 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #294 on: August 23, 2007, 03:11:56 pm »

Is her/your hair really as reddish as it looks in that photo?  Or is it a trick of the light/my laptop screen being funky? 

Mmmm, no.  Catie and I both have brownish/dirty blond hair.  The missus and Lizzie both have more red going for them.

Also, here are my kids as Simpsons characters.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #295 on: August 23, 2007, 03:36:01 pm »

today I am going to clean my room, organize stuff for school, and get the oil in my car changed.

of course, when I said "I need to change the oil in my car," my mom started yelling at me about how I always try to get out of cleaning my room.
So, you know, I'm thinking my car might explode. I was supposed to change the oil 4 months or 2000 miles ago? I am pretty bad about remembering to check these things.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #296 on: August 23, 2007, 03:44:10 pm »

Modern cars don't need oil, dude. They just run forever until they don't. Refuse the illuminati oil addiction myth!

Today I'm going to the Anheuser-Busch credit union to loan anheuser-busch some money. 30 years from today, when I'm 51 and these bonds retire, Beer will have bought me a new car. What has beer done for you lately?
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #297 on: August 23, 2007, 04:02:19 pm »

Modern cars don't need oil, dude. They just run forever until they don't. Refuse the illuminati oil addiction myth!

Today I'm going to the Anheuser-Busch credit union to loan anheuser-busch some money. 30 years from today, when I'm 51 and these bonds retire, Beer will have bought me a new car. What has beer done for you lately?

Besides made all my troubles go away for a little while? I don't ask any more from it than that.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #298 on: August 23, 2007, 04:04:34 pm »

What has beer done for you lately?

Mocked my pregnant belly, from the refrigerated section of the grocery store. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

RMJ12345

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 45
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 381
  • all employing the principles of hopping
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #299 on: August 23, 2007, 04:16:12 pm »

Today I'm gonna

-finish "It" (30 pages left)
-read 50 pages of "Gilead"
-finish some transcription (summer job)
-fold some clothes
-listen to "From a Buick 8"
-start "Cat's Eye"
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 878   Go Up