Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Note how white pepper, ground freshly into one's hand, makes it smell as though you've been rubbing your open palm around on a horse's anus.

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1348236 times)

0 Members and 202 Guests are viewing this topic.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #300 on: August 23, 2007, 06:09:55 pm »

Carlos, that is a ridiculously ADORABLE photo. I love the Simpsons characters! Too cuuute!

Dammit JL, give your husband some maximum cuddles on my behalf. He's incredibly hot. Also, I know what you mean about family lookalikes. My younger sister Alena and I look nothing alike. I think I linked to a photo of the three of us in the photo thread. When we started going to APO meetings in college, everybody just thought we were good friends because we were always together. When they realized we had the same last name, they thought one of us was adopted!!

Also, this is my favorite photo of Kellichou EVER. I had to elbow all these nasty giraffeermen out of the way at the buffet to snag her the biggest goddamn crab leg ever. She's holding it next to a bottle of Alaskan Amber for scale.

Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #301 on: August 23, 2007, 06:14:42 pm »

Carlos, that is a ridiculously ADORABLE photo. I love the Simpsons characters! Too cuuute!

Dammit JL, give your husband some maximum cuddles on my behalf. He's incredibly hot....APO...

Yes.  And very good in the sack. 

He got maximum cuddles yesterday, I will retroactively tell him that they were from you.  Actually, you can have the first half.  I'm keeping the second part.  ;) 

Also, he was in APO, as well.  He was his chapter's VP senior year.  I bet smells was in it, too -- unless it's just a States thing? 

Do you still know your Shakespeare? 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #302 on: August 23, 2007, 06:38:36 pm »

...enjoy the fourth day of my vacation.  Originally, this was going to be a week of T-ball camp for my daughter, but the city program was under-subscribed so it got cancelled.  So I've been her entertainment.  I'm being paged to play the sandwich and taco games (which involve wrapping her in pillows, stuffed animals, and other "condiments" to peals of shrill laughter).
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #303 on: August 23, 2007, 06:45:46 pm »

Today I'm gonna post a lot of messages on this board instead of packing my stuff for Saturday's move.  Or, I'm gonna get off my duff and go through the train wreck of a storage closet in my basement. 

Which will it be?  Stay tuned for our thrilling conclusion. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #304 on: August 23, 2007, 06:49:21 pm »

Today I'm gonna

-finish "It" (30 pages left)
-read 50 pages of "Gilead"
-finish some transcription (summer job)
-fold some clothes
-listen to "From a Buick 8"
-start "Cat's Eye"

What does Stephen King have on you?

Today I am going to cool my heels at the Ted Stevens Anchorage International Airport for . . . oh, about 6 hours waiting for my flight, because of "weather delays".

I wonder if they are going to pull the name back off when Uncle Ted goes to his country club prison.

Quote from: Uncle Ted, that loveable wizened idiot
Ten movies streaming across that, that Internet, and what happens to your own personal Internet? I just the other day got... an Internet was sent by my staff at 10 o'clock in the morning on Friday, I got it yesterday. Why? Because it got tangled up with all these things going on the Internet commercially.
[...] They want to deliver vast amounts of information over the Internet. And again, the Internet is not something you just dump something on. It's not a big truck. It's a series of tubes. And if you don't understand, those tubes can be filled and if they are filled, when you put your message in, it gets in line and it's going to be delayed by anyone that puts into that tube enormous amounts of material, enormous amounts of material.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #305 on: August 23, 2007, 08:00:41 pm »

Today I'm gonna post a lot of messages on this board instead of packing my stuff for Saturday's move. 

Apparently today I am also going to spend most of the day on this board instead of doing anything constructive.

But come on, it's August. Everyone but me is on vacation so why should I have to work harder than they're working?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #306 on: August 23, 2007, 08:13:17 pm »

Today I'm gonna

-finish "It" (30 pages left)
-read 50 pages of "Gilead"
-finish some transcription (summer job)
-fold some clothes
-listen to "From a Buick 8"
-start "Cat's Eye"

Are you talking about Gilead as in "A Handmaid's Tale"? Or are you reading the Balm in Gilead play? Also, Margaret Atwood is one of my favorite authors, and "Cat's Eye" was a great novel.

What does Stephen King have on you?

Today I am going to cool my heels at the Ted Stevens Anchorage International Airport for . . . oh, about 6 hours waiting for my flight, because of "weather delays".

I wonder if they are going to pull the name back off when Uncle Ted goes to his country club prison.


Man, I wish I was still in AK. maybe I could have deadheaded on a medevac flight and hung out with you!  Also, the corruption in Uncle Ted's family just astounds me. Remember when his son got his office raided?
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #307 on: August 23, 2007, 08:44:08 pm »


Quote
Today I am giving the inev the stink eye.

I knew I was going to get that from at least one person.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

RMJ12345

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 45
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 381
  • all employing the principles of hopping
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #308 on: August 23, 2007, 10:53:40 pm »

What does Stephen King have on you?

Specifically?

I kind of fell in love with him after I read "The Stand". My boyfriend's mom has almost all of his books, so I tend to pick one up whenever I'm at his house and bored. Then I get involved in them. Plus, he's got so many books and a lot of different styles in which he writes.  Plus, he's a quickquickquick read. Plus, I think he's brilliant.

I'm having nightmares though, so I'm stopping for a bit.

Are you talking about Gilead as in "A Handmaid's Tale"? Or are you reading the Balm in Gilead play? Also, Margaret Atwood is one of my favorite authors, and "Cat's Eye" was a great novel.

Atwood is one of my favorites too. "Handmaid's Tale" is on my top ten list forever. But I'm actually referring to "Gilead" by Marilynne Robinson - it's an epistulary novel about an old pastor writing a letter about his life to his young son.

I've read "Cat's Eye" before, but it's been a while, so I'm revisiting it.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #309 on: August 24, 2007, 12:08:07 am »

We got on the plane, taxied out, sat there for about 15 minutes, then the pilot got on the PA and said "something's not right; we're going back." Mr. Fixit came on, and we deplaned. They said maybe another hour.

I have been at the airport for 9 hours now, with no end in sight.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #310 on: August 24, 2007, 01:04:04 am »

Because I really want a mojito, but not badly enough to risk damaging the brain of my unborn child? 

I found some virgin mojito bottled mixes at the liquor store that are amazing. Just buy a lime and some fresh mint. Fewer things are more glorious on a warm summer evening than a tall glass full of crushed ice and garnish and mojito mix. The mix is better than the stuff I've tried to cobble together at home, although it could be improved by making it at home with fresh lime juice, simple syrup, and club soda.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #311 on: August 24, 2007, 01:12:58 am »

I have been at the airport for 9 hours now, with no end in sight.

Check out this thread.  It should keep you amused. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #312 on: August 24, 2007, 01:14:25 am »

I have been at the airport for 9 hours now, with no end in sight.

That may not be the saddest thing but it's right up there.

It's just impossible to go anywhere by plane these days, isn't it?  It's a shame, I hoped to see California and Japan again someday.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #313 on: August 24, 2007, 02:09:50 am »

Quote
fresh lime juice, simple syrup, and club soda.

this one time, we decided we wanted to make Mint Juleps. So, we drove to the local grocery store, only to realize we had no idea what Simple Syrup meant. So a certain friend of mine, being the guy he is, decided to just walk up and ask one of the people working there. Who, of course, asked "what are you using it for?"
We never did find any. Is it something that is only used in mixed drinks?

Also: Mint Juleps are basically delicious. So good.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #314 on: August 24, 2007, 02:36:04 am »


We never did find any. Is it something that is only used in mixed drinks?


No, but if the person was suspicious that a bunch of teenagers didn't need it because they were making cake frosting, they would probably be guessing right.

Anyway, you can't buy it, can you? Surely even Americans can manage to boil sugar and water together at home instead of buying it in a bottle? I'm not sure I want to know.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 878   Go Up