Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Wine: Keep a red and a white on hand at all times. When choosing wines on the wine aisle, use this simple rhyme to make your selection: “Closer to the floor, is meant for the poor / closer to the lights, is more like for if Bono comes over.” -=RAY=-

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: i was just carjacked at gunpoint  (Read 8014 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: i was just carjacked at gunpoint
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2007, 10:04:14 pm »

That is totally fucked up. I hope that douche gets what's coming to him. Sorry to hear that.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: i was just carjacked at gunpoint
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2007, 02:03:59 am »

I hope that douche gets what's coming to him.

Dude got away with his wallet already.  You want to give him some more?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: i was just carjacked at gunpoint
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2007, 02:45:36 am »

The point is, not to hijack the thread, I am glad that A-CAP didn't get blown up and I admire his ability to not be a pansy at gunpoint.  Way to bring the strong sack. 

I'm not sure what characterizes being a pansy at gunpoint. I basically think any behavior that you end up doing when someone holds a gun on you is pretty much ok. If somebody is fixing to perforate me with a firearm, I probably will draw the line at leading them to other people for them to terrorize, but other than that I'm basically going to do what it takes to not get killed. Pansy just seems pretty derogatory.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: i was just carjacked at gunpoint
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2007, 03:31:20 am »

Plus, my pansy friend got robbed at gun point... buy another pansy.  (He lived right near this park where the men go at night to enjoy each other's company in an anonymous fashion)  He said the most traumatic moment was when the guy lisped at him to "ssstay down!" after he'd gotten him to lay face down on the ground.  I remember him telling me "And I thought 'I can't believe I'm being robbed by a faggot!'"  Pansy on pansy crime.  It happens.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

kellichou

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 90
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 87
    • View Profile
Re: i was just carjacked at gunpoint
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2007, 03:56:19 pm »

Smells, that is AWESOME!  Being in touch with that instinct is something that society tends to beat out of women, and I'm glad you've got it.  I'm continually trying to refine mine.  Plus, I love hearing about when people's intuition saves them.  Serious times. 

I'm a fan of Gavin De Becker's _The Gift of Fear_, because it shows people how to get in touch with that awesome survival instinct. 

A-CAP, that straight up sucks the cock.  Sorry you had to deal with that, but it sounds like you managed it well.

I have no controle over it, and it is not an active choice on my part, but when life flips into danger mode, an unconscious shift occurs, and my mind becomes Zen-calm - everything melts away, and my even-sounding inner voice calmly provides me with narration and instruction.

Also, A-CAP, I love the cig comment.  Good for you.  Hopefully the authorities can do something about this ass hole and his sense of entitlement.  Plus, I am glad you are 100% in one piece.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2007, 04:01:04 pm by kellichou »
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: i was just carjacked at gunpoint
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2007, 07:39:06 pm »

um, did I not post my awesome story here?? I thought I did.

basically a guy I know got blown in a park known for gay sex, in Russia, and then the guy decked him and stole his wallet.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: i was just carjacked at gunpoint
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2007, 07:51:21 pm »

um, did I not post my awesome story here?? I thought I did.

basically a guy I know got blown in a park known for gay sex, in Russia, and then the guy decked him and stole his wallet.

I just parsed that as theinev got blown in a park known for gay sex in Russia and then got mugged by the blower.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: i was just carjacked at gunpoint
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2007, 08:16:37 pm »

um, did I not post my awesome story here?? I thought I did.

basically a guy I know got blown in a park known for gay sex, in Russia, and then the guy decked him and stole his wallet.

Well, at least he got his cock sucked. And depending on how much cash he had in his wallet, it may have ended up being a bargain.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: i was just carjacked at gunpoint
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2007, 08:43:46 pm »

Well, at least he got his cock sucked. And depending on how much cash he had in his wallet, it may have ended up being a bargain.

Giveth.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: i was just carjacked at gunpoint
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2007, 09:13:57 pm »

Giveth.

Link? Picture? Price list?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: i was just carjacked at gunpoint
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2007, 10:24:54 pm »

Link? Picture? Price list?

A tiny can.  You recieveth, I giveth.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: i was just carjacked at gunpoint
« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2007, 03:51:22 am »

I stabbed a dude with the knife he was using to try to mug me with once.  I still carry it, actually.

Sorry to hear about your carjacking, dude.  That suxx teh c0q.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: i was just carjacked at gunpoint
« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2007, 03:59:53 am »

Seriously?  was he tiny or something?  I will always just give my shit away.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: i was just carjacked at gunpoint
« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2007, 04:02:10 am »

Seriously?  was he tiny or something?  I will always just give my shit away.

That's what I was getting at. "You want my shit and are willing to kill to get it?"

 I won't kill a guy to keep my car. Fuckers are crazy nowadays.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

RMJ12345

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 45
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 381
  • all employing the principles of hopping
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Re: i was just carjacked at gunpoint
« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2007, 03:13:34 pm »

People, I know it sucks to think you have to do this, but chances are, in our current society and environment, you do. Learn to think tactically, to really observe and to act not panic. It improves your odds, really.

So true. I was in a minor accident this weekend (driving boyfriend's SUV in rain, no injuries, didn't even really ruin my weekend) and my ability to not burst into tears as soon as I hit the car (which would have been my instinct a couple of years ago) greatly helped me out. (Side note - I was travelling with someone who shares a name with theinevitible).

And just echoing what everyone else said, sorry about your terrible night, and the no smoking line is great.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up