Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

RT@achewood New Roast Beef band name: THE DATA-TONES

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: i was just carjacked at gunpoint  (Read 7985 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: i was just carjacked at gunpoint
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2007, 03:21:21 pm »

I am trying to sell my car, but having no luck.  Basically my best case scenario is to be car jacked or have a "not my fault" accident.  But I don't want to subject myself to these things, even for money.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: i was just carjacked at gunpoint
« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2007, 04:19:23 pm »

Hrmmph.

[Asherdan killed this portion of the post for his own prevention of liability]

Too bad you can't take a road trip to Mexico, Smells. I hear all kinds of problems like that seem to resolve themselves there.

That's thousands of miles away! Isn't Canada basically the same sort of lawless frontier?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: i was just carjacked at gunpoint
« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2007, 05:36:28 pm »

Yes, it is, but see, provincially, our insurance is government sanctioned, and as such, they forced me to have an immobilizer installed on my car (being that I live in a high crime area, and my car is highly stealable and fun to drive.  No one but the key holder can start the engine.  Otherwise, in my neighbourhood, all I'd need to do is leave the doors unlocked over the weekend and my problems would be over.  Still, a $500 deductable for a car worth only about $1200 is not worth the grief.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: i was just carjacked at gunpoint
« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2007, 05:43:02 pm »

Yes, it is, but see, provincially, our insurance is government sanctioned, and as such, they forced me to have an immobilizer installed on my car (being that I live in a high crime area, and my car is highly stealable and fun to drive.  No one but the key holder can start the engine.  Otherwise, in my neighbourhood, all I'd need to do is leave the doors unlocked over the weekend and my problems would be over.  Still, a $500 deductable for a car worth only about $1200 is not worth the grief.

Where's the trust nowadays?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: i was just carjacked at gunpoint
« Reply #34 on: July 30, 2007, 06:14:34 pm »

That's just... wrong.  It's interfering with, like, the natural life cycle of old cars and bad neighborhoods.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: i was just carjacked at gunpoint
« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2007, 01:56:40 am »

I guess as a general rule I sorta believe that killing is wrong, but if a motherfucker tries to take my shit he's going to have a really really hard time getting it.  I'll take his fuck*ng eye as a trophy.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: i was just carjacked at gunpoint
« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2007, 03:37:32 am »

I guess as a general rule I sorta believe that killing is wrong, but if a motherfucker tries to take my shit he's going to have a really really hard time getting it.  I'll take his fuck*ng eye as a trophy.

Quoted for sweet, delicious truth.
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: i was just carjacked at gunpoint
« Reply #37 on: August 11, 2007, 11:45:30 am »

As an update, I got a call last night from the detective and the dude is now in jail. Evidently he tried to pull off an armed robbery at a gas station a couple days ago. Hes looking at decades of hard time so I guess the law wins this time. Really, I just want my cash back. I mean c'mon, even judge judy would agree I'm owed my due and proper.

Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: i was just carjacked at gunpoint
« Reply #38 on: August 11, 2007, 04:12:30 pm »

As an update, I got a call last night from the detective and the dude is now in jail. Evidently he tried to pull off an armed robbery at a gas station a couple days ago. Hes looking at decades of hard time so I guess the law wins this time. Really, I just want my cash back. I mean c'mon, even judge judy would agree I'm owed my due and proper.



Please, please take this to the People's Court!
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: i was just carjacked at gunpoint
« Reply #39 on: June 05, 2008, 02:22:21 pm »

Yay!  Justice! 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: i was just carjacked at gunpoint
« Reply #40 on: June 05, 2008, 07:11:24 pm »

Out of curiosity, what would you do if its not the guy?
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: i was just carjacked at gunpoint
« Reply #41 on: June 07, 2008, 02:53:25 am »

holy fuck*ng wowzorz

hey at least you didn't grin evilly at him when he showed up and say "well hey brah, hop right the fuck on in! i was just headed to the strip joint down on Boulevard!" because then he'd probably been freaked out enough to squeeze the trigger

that line about the smokes was total cold hard stones, man. so fucki*g diesel.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: i was just carjacked at gunpoint
« Reply #42 on: June 08, 2008, 12:41:18 am »

Better hurry.  My internet crushes are fleeting, and I'll be thirty next year, which would just make it creepy. 

Nobody ever guessed who the other half of my imaginary dream Touambie was...
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up