Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Crime drama, 1980: Magnum PI. 2005: NUMB3RS. One based on smiling and helicopters, one on showcasing higher math. Explain discrepancy.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: July 31st, 2007 - Lubrifiant Personnel (pour secouer furieusement)  (Read 10512 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: July 31st, 2007 - Lubrifiant Personnel (pour secouer furieusement)
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2007, 01:53:08 am »

Aug, I'm glad your legal expertise and my theatrical expertise could be applied to this strip.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: July 31st, 2007 - Lubrifiant Personnel (pour secouer furieusement)
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2007, 01:58:07 am »

Well, we all bring a little something to the table, don't we?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

oball

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 128
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 507
  • In excess of seven ding dongs
    • View Profile
Re: July 31st, 2007 - Lubrifiant Personnel (pour secouer furieusement)
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2007, 02:46:01 am »

I brought hummus!

Logged
Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: July 31st, 2007 - Lubrifiant Personnel (pour secouer furieusement)
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2007, 03:03:49 am »

Oh yummy, I love that shit.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: July 31st, 2007 - Lubrifiant Personnel (pour secouer furieusement)
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2007, 03:23:14 am »

Oh man.  Hummus is so good.  Also see: Baba ghanoush.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: July 31st, 2007 - Lubrifiant Personnel (pour secouer furieusement)
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2007, 03:46:57 am »

I brought hummus!


When I was in high school, I went to a choir event.   I had never really been part of any of the vocal choirs in my high school, so I felt a little out of place.   Just before the choir was ready to go up, every one took off their shoes.  I was handed a small tub of garbanzo paste and told to put it in my shoes.   

To this day, I don't know if I was really supposed to do that or not. 
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: July 31st, 2007 - Lubrifiant Personnel (pour secouer furieusement)
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2007, 03:56:03 am »

I love hummus.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: July 31st, 2007 - Lubrifiant Personnel (pour secouer furieusement)
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2007, 05:50:27 am »

when I was in italy, I was handed a bowl of something chocolatey with a spoon in it. I was jetlagged as all hell. So I took the spoon, and ate a big ol' bite. it was delicious.

they stared at me for a few seconds, and then the dad reached over, took it from me, and used his knife to apply some to a cookie. I had just eaten frosting.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: July 31st, 2007 - Lubrifiant Personnel (pour secouer furieusement)
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2007, 06:22:12 am »

when I was in italy, I was handed a bowl of something chocolatey with a spoon in it. I was jetlagged as all hell. So I took the spoon, and ate a big ol' bite. it was delicious.

they stared at me for a few seconds, and then the dad reached over, took it from me, and used his knife to apply some to a cookie. I had just eaten frosting.

HEH!!! theinev cootie'd an entire bowl of Italian frosting. I love it.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: July 31st, 2007 - Lubrifiant Personnel (pour secouer furieusement)
« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2007, 01:24:52 pm »

This past weekend at my sister-in-law's wedding, I ate a bite of what I thought was hummus only to discover that it was, in fact, crab dip. 

I'm allergic to seafood. 

There's just no nice way to spit food into your napkin at the bride and groom's table. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

colmore

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 56
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 379
  • Sorry Mom, Sorry Dad, Sorry College
    • View Profile
Re: July 31st, 2007 - Lubrifiant Personnel (pour secouer furieusement)
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2007, 07:18:51 pm »

You were at a wedding.  You could have feigned drunkenness.
Logged
In Capitalist America, bank robs you!

Cynicar

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 17
    • View Profile
Re: July 31st, 2007 - Lubrifiant Personnel (pour secouer furieusement)
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2007, 07:44:27 pm »

What, no scheming about naming a dog "J.J. the Land-Retard?"

Personally, I have fully planned to name my own dog this.  When I am actually able to own a dog, which will be in a couple years.  So I will probably not win the contest, but I still like the name.

I feel spitting out food for the sake of allergies, while not polite, is always acceptable.  The drunkenness, however, would have been a nice touch as well.
Logged
That's like comparin' a lunatic to a pissed man with goals.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: July 31st, 2007 - Lubrifiant Personnel (pour secouer furieusement)
« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2007, 07:57:13 pm »


I feel spitting out food for the sake of allergies, while not polite, is always acceptable. 

Oh, totally.  Because the whole passing out and needing an ambulance thing is always so much more disruptive to a party.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: July 31st, 2007 - Lubrifiant Personnel (pour secouer furieusement)
« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2007, 12:04:20 am »

The prepared and considerate guest has an epi-pen with them so as to avoid either.

I'm kinda sad that I never got to spike anybody with epinephrine. However, it's not nearly as cool as Pulp Fiction would have you believe.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: July 31st, 2007 - Lubrifiant Personnel (pour secouer furieusement)
« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2007, 01:50:29 am »

... the time they do it in Pulp Fiction, that is "cool?"
That is terrifying. That is not cool.

also, that was adrenaline.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up