Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Terrible dream where Bobby Flay came to my childhood home, danced on the table, recited verse, and we had nothing interesting for him to do.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: quick question re: poster sale  (Read 13091 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: quick question re: poster sale
« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2007, 12:32:28 pm »

Thanks for triggering a google, leading to precarious celery

I was previously unfamiliar with mr. Frahm and am having trouble working him into my own mental art universe.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: quick question re: poster sale
« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2007, 08:04:03 pm »

so, yes. I wrote a slightly curt email requesting some sort of replacement or compensation. I had to try really hard to make it not sound like "upon opening the box, I found the posters in poor condition, hardly befitting a product of such supposed quality; in fact, the wrinkles which I discovered entirely undermine my former opinion on the quality of said product" or that kind of bullshit. I am not sure why I am incapable of writing a normal email.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: quick question re: poster sale
« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2007, 02:03:40 am »

so, yes. I wrote a slightly curt email requesting some sort of replacement or compensation. I had to try really hard to make it not sound like "upon opening the box, I found the posters in poor condition, hardly befitting a product of such supposed quality; in fact, the wrinkles which I discovered entirely undermine my former opinion on the quality of said product" or that kind of bullshit. I am not sure why I am incapable of writing a normal email.

Because syphilis has destroyed your brain?
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: quick question re: poster sale
« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2007, 02:48:30 am »

Because syphilis has destroyed your brain?

I had to read that twice to make sure I didn't post it.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: quick question re: poster sale
« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2007, 02:54:54 am »

Wouldn't dan have to get laid to get syphillis?
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: quick question re: poster sale
« Reply #35 on: August 20, 2007, 02:57:38 am »

Thanks for triggering a google, leading to precarious celery

Ah, Art Frahm.  I discovered the detrimental effects of celery on under##### and James Lileks on the same glorious day. 

Lileks has stopped in here a few times.  He's an Achehead too.  I should check up on his blog.  It fell off my weekly reading list when I had my kid. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: quick question re: poster sale
« Reply #36 on: August 20, 2007, 05:19:00 am »

Suprisingly Frahm didn't show up in the "Cast Porn" thread.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: quick question re: poster sale
« Reply #37 on: August 20, 2007, 05:19:40 am »

hey, A-CAP, I... have gotten laid. Just... not in a long time.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: quick question re: poster sale
« Reply #38 on: August 20, 2007, 12:50:24 pm »

Wouldn't dan have to get laid to get syphillis?

Not necessarily. Can't it be passed on from the mother in childbirth?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: quick question re: poster sale
« Reply #39 on: August 20, 2007, 01:08:02 pm »

hey, A-CAP, I... have gotten laid. Just... not in a long time.

This makes my maternal side want to have A Talk with all you Young Folks to make sure you are Being Responsible. 

It also makes me wonder...how long is a long time when you're nineteen?  Because for me, at my age, "a long time" would be, oh, five years or so?  In which case, you were getting laid by the time you were fourteen, which is a scary prospect to me given that I was fourteen the first time I kissed a boy.  (I was admittedly somewhat late to bloom in this department.) 

I guess your idea of "a long time" expands once you have kids.  I was cleaning out my pantry in preparation for Moving Day (we are moving to the Lee of the Stone on Saturday) and my criteria for throwing things away was "is it older than my son?" 

I guess this explains why my Mom has condiments in her fridge that expired in the late nineties.  They don't seem so long ago when you've been married since '67, I guess.  The saddest thing is, however, that she has moved house since then, so she actually brought expired condiments with her. 

I've been surreptitiously throwing a few things out every time I go visit. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: quick question re: poster sale
« Reply #40 on: August 20, 2007, 04:02:57 pm »

yeah, um, it has been like, a year and a half. Also, I beat you-- 16! (or... 17?) for first smooch.

I mean, it is not as if I am pursuing Maximum Cuddles with random or semi-random ladies. Which... is why it has been a while.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: quick question re: poster sale
« Reply #41 on: August 20, 2007, 04:21:41 pm »

That is good.  That is a sign of Being Responsible. 

It is strange to have this public conversation with you while your real-time IM is simultaenously flashing in my taskbar. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

MrCB

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 18
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 122
    • View Profile
Re: quick question re: poster sale
« Reply #42 on: August 20, 2007, 05:02:07 pm »

One of my Maximum Cuddles dreams crashed and burned recently.

I've an old friend who I spent a couple of years living with back when, and we used to fool around from time to time, so since then we've talked about having Maximum Cuddles. So we were all preparing to have MC the last time I saw her, until at one point I realized that I was just bored now and it would be really nice to crack a cold one open and have something to eat, maybe spend some time with a good book. So thats pretty much what I did. No Maximum Cuddles, and I'm glad for it.

So, the Moral of the story, kids, is that the Maximum Cuddles ain't everything, and sometimes you can make yourself way happier by letting go of the dream.

It does also help that I've started to see a rather nice lady as well ;-)
Logged
I'LL BE DEAD BY THE TIME THEY SLAP THE CUFFS ON

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: quick question re: poster sale
« Reply #43 on: August 20, 2007, 05:23:30 pm »

Quote
Maximum Cuddles ain't everything
DOES NOT COMPUTE DOES NOT COMPUTE
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: quick question re: poster sale
« Reply #44 on: August 20, 2007, 05:38:54 pm »

DOES NOT COMPUTE DOES NOT COMPUTE

Don't listen, inev!
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up