Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Today's sad thing: A reeking tweaker couple looking in the gas station freezer for "that pizza that was good in the microwave last time."

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: August 3, 2007 - I Have Some Binoculars and I am Big Enough to Go Outside  (Read 3537 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

RMJ12345

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 45
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 381
  • all employing the principles of hopping
    • View Profile
    • myspace

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=08032007

Previous Themes week continues, but with less of the diminished results in my opinion. I laughed. Especially at RB's nervousness blanket.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile

I dislike friday facts but this is a solid fuck*ng gold strip.
Teodore to Molly to Beef to Lyle to Pat to Nice Pete to Ray, it's like a goddamn summary of characters. Onstad should put this up as a cast page, it tells us all we need to know.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile

I don't think MAILBOX, CON'T could make less sense but the blanket bit was pretty funny.
Logged

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile

Maybe something like this happened to me as a child, and this is why I get really nervous and assume I'm speeding whenever I see a police car.

The police want maximum cuddles.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile

Maybe something like this happened to me as a child, and this is why I get really nervous and assume I'm speeding whenever I see a police car.

The police want maximum cuddles.

Sir, could you please step out of the vehicle and slap yourself on the ass?
Logged

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile

I got frisked once after being pulled over for speeding.  I was on my way back to Athens after seeing The Crystal Method in Columbus with a carload of friends.  Perhaps my choice of musical act made the Patrolwoman suspicious of my merit of character.  My offense was not egregious - 72 in an area where the limit drops suddenly from 65 to 55, which was more a mental mistake than an attempt to flout the law.

It was also the last time I was pulled over for speeding.

Coincidence, or did the frisking make me subconsciously a safer driver?
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile

I see Pat's rock hard abs are still in evidence.  Nice to know he's not letting himself go, what with his Softboy fellow.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com

I'm glad that the Pat-Huggins pairing has not been forgotten. One gets the feeling that the cop thing was Pat's idea, and Rod's just going along with it because it's what puddin' wants. He probably finds it endearing that Pat's going through the textbook of Becoming Gay.

Disclaimer: I know nothing about Becoming Gay, and this could all be coming out of my ass.

For me, though, the zinger is the three styles of throwing up. Marinara is the worst. My marinara vomit episode wasn't really marinara per se, but pizza sauce. The result of an evening at the Peanut Festival on rickety rides followed immediately by a trip to Pizza Hut.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives

Dammit, T! The Smiths are silly too!

Silly! Silly! Silly!

I'll fuck*ng CUT YOU, chulo.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile

Oh man, this strip is pretty good. I enjoy reading Achewood a lot, but this one made me laugh out loud maniacally. The "whole cop outfit" was great. I'm also glad that Philippe is short and Pat's bedroom window is tall. Also, "man-lingerie" is comedy gold.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun

The Smiths are one of those bands that I decide I love, listen to nonstop for like an hour, and then say "NO MORE! NO MORE! PAY ATTENTION!" and put the CD away for a long time.

mostly because of Morrissey. Who has the same birthday as me.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Victoria Waterfield

  • Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 336
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 739
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile

When Morrissey sings it just comes out like "A BLOOOO BLA BLOO BLOO BLOOOOOOOOO"
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile

When Morrissey sings it just comes out like "A BLOOOO BLA BLOO BLOO BLOOOOOOOOO"

Another can for Ms. Watterfield.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars

I like the Smiths! But then again, I'm far too young to have experience them during the '80s. It's nice being able to just focus on the music without having to care about media personas.

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars

And a hearty thanks to you, Asherdan, for assuming I was actually talking to you! It must be difficult living in an alternate dimension where you have no choice but to defend yourself every time someone on the Internet is speaking in general terms.

Maximum cuddles,
melack
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up