Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Italian food is like pornography. I can’t define it, but I know when I have paid too much.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: August 14th 2007: DOGS WITH HOGGS  (Read 6278 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

MrCB

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 18
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 122
    • View Profile
August 14th 2007: DOGS WITH HOGGS
« on: August 14, 2007, 09:26:07 am »

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=08142007

This totally makes up for yesterdays insult of a strip strip which I personally didn't not enjoy due to really really not liking The Philippe Times. Hopefully the start of a series like with the flowcharts.... *fingers crossed*

Edited on account of perhaps being overly harsh.

« Last Edit: August 14, 2007, 12:41:29 pm by MrCB »
Logged
I'LL BE DEAD BY THE TIME THEY SLAP THE CUFFS ON

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: August 14th 2007: DOGS WITH HOGGS
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2007, 11:57:49 am »

Heh...gents with implements. And yes, a series based on "what did you think about today" would be kind of amusing.

As for "making up for yesterday's shitty strip"...Onstad's pretty spot on most of the time, maybe there are folks out there who have enjoyed what I perceive as low strips. After all, he's making money at it and I'm just a 13-year-old hater in Akron with nothin' better to do than criticize another man's livelihood on the internets.
Logged

MrCB

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 18
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 122
    • View Profile
Re: August 14th 2007: DOGS WITH HOGGS
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2007, 12:41:15 pm »

As for "making up for yesterday's shitty strip"...Onstad's pretty spot on most of the time, maybe there are folks out there who have enjoyed what I perceive as low strips. After all, he's making money at it and I'm just a 13-year-old hater in Akron with nothin' better to do than criticize another man's livelihood on the internets.

You're right, I'm being too harsh. People gots different tastes and mine just doesn't run towards The Philippe Times.
Logged
I'LL BE DEAD BY THE TIME THEY SLAP THE CUFFS ON

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile
Re: August 14th 2007: DOGS WITH HOGGS
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2007, 01:09:47 pm »

Fillies with Rad Chilies?
Logged

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: August 14th 2007: DOGS WITH HOGGS
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2007, 02:38:04 pm »

noobs w boobs, jocks w c_cks, dancers w... cancers?
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: August 14th 2007: DOGS WITH HOGGS
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2007, 03:36:32 pm »

dancers w... cancers?

We should start a fund or something, and get them help.   Maybe a benefit show?
Logged

nDed

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 34
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 292
    • View Profile
Re: August 14th 2007: DOGS WITH HOGGS
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2007, 03:38:57 pm »

Téodor didn't even skip a beat at Philippe's question, I guess he must be used to it by now. Philippe in the last two panels in kind of creeping me out.

Uh, Dykes with Trikes? Lads with Nads?
Logged
Love never blows up and gets killed.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: August 14th 2007: DOGS WITH HOGGS
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2007, 03:48:42 pm »

Porn Models with Unexpected Genitals?
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: August 14th 2007: DOGS WITH HOGGS
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2007, 04:04:56 pm »

I like the strip but I'm not sure I respect the inner life of Teodore much.

So, when is Onstad gonna address Teódor's fierce loneliness? Ever since Penny we had no more frolics d'amour coming T's way...
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: August 14th 2007: DOGS WITH HOGGS
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2007, 04:13:55 pm »

Ever since Penny we had no more frolics d'amour coming T's way...
I read it as kind of significant that we don't get enough detail on the cashier to let us determine gender. I think T is still struggling with his Issues.

Shit, more are coming.
Asherdans with Obsessions?
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: August 14th 2007: DOGS WITH HOGGS
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2007, 04:22:41 pm »

I read it as kind of significant that we don't get enough detail on the cashier to let us determine gender. I think T is still struggling with his Issues.

Ah yes.  I also noticed this.  Gender...or species. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: August 14th 2007: DOGS WITH HOGGS
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2007, 04:24:27 pm »

Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: August 14th 2007: DOGS WITH HOGGS
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2007, 04:39:54 pm »

Seven kinky!
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

MrCB

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 18
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 122
    • View Profile
Re: August 14th 2007: DOGS WITH HOGGS
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2007, 04:43:58 pm »

Crap, now I've gotten stuck into my head Species with something that rhymes with that and begins with F.

I really really don't want to think about it.
Logged
I'LL BE DEAD BY THE TIME THEY SLAP THE CUFFS ON

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: August 14th 2007: DOGS WITH HOGGS
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2007, 05:27:50 pm »

You're right, I'm being too harsh. People gots different tastes and mine just doesn't run towards The Philippe Times.

Dude, I was not bashing on you at all, and I am sorry if my post sounded like that. There are several strips that Onstad has done that I really disliked or thought were just plain weak. Then again, I don't want to sound like I'm bashing on Onstad because I don't like the free entertainment he is providing. Christ, the man provides one of my favorite things in the world for free, so I don't want to sound like a dick.

However, I also don't want to sound like a whiny fanboy who thinks that Onstad is god. Honestly, criticism is part of the whole damn game - this board is not a bunch of drooling fanboys who will do anything to make Onstad like us...because honestly, we're just pretend people on the internets and I'm sure that he couldn't care less about what we think.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up