Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Surprising fact: toothpaste is a complete protein.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: August 14th 2007: DOGS WITH HOGGS  (Read 6267 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: August 14th 2007: DOGS WITH HOGGS
« Reply #45 on: August 16, 2007, 08:40:51 pm »

I'll never forget the 4 foot tall to-scale Saturn V with 3 'D' Engines. Lifted off slow and picked up speed just like the real thing. I wish I would have had multiple stages but I think we would never have found it afterwards.
Never let that dissuade you from building and launching a multistager!  I think I've recovered 10% of the ones I built.  They're so damn cool to watch.  I like to imagine the delight of kids going out to play in their back yard and finding a terminal stage, chute deployed, in their garden.  Maybe it'll even prompt them to start flying themselves...
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: August 14th 2007: DOGS WITH HOGGS
« Reply #46 on: August 16, 2007, 08:57:23 pm »

Never let that dissuade you from building and launching a multistager!  I think I've recovered 10% of the ones I built.  They're so damn cool to watch.  I like to imagine the delight of kids going out to play in their back yard and finding a terminal stage, chute deployed, in their garden.  Maybe it'll even prompt them to start flying themselves...

At this point I think it's more likely to induce fear and panic that curiosity and wonder. Sort of like Super Mario-style question blocks or LED Moonenites.
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: August 14th 2007: DOGS WITH HOGGS
« Reply #47 on: August 17, 2007, 02:57:17 am »

At this point I think it's more likely to induce fear and panic that curiosity and wonder. Sort of like Super Mario-style question blocks or LED Moonenites.

Just because the world is fucked up doesn't mean you have to give it the satisfaction of playing along.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: August 14th 2007: DOGS WITH HOGGS
« Reply #48 on: August 17, 2007, 01:13:06 pm »

Just because the world is fucked up doesn't mean you have to give it the satisfaction of playing along.

I'd like to get this as a tattoo, but it's too long and painful, so I'll have to settle for more messageboard signature.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Gimpson

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 16
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 592
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gimpysoft.com
Re: August 14th 2007: DOGS WITH HOGGS
« Reply #49 on: August 17, 2007, 05:08:28 pm »

This past year I knitted toques for Front and his band, I wish I'd taken photos.  Front's had "FRONT" really big in the front and "back" really small on the back.  Gaby, the bassist, got one that said "all your bass are belong to us."  Brandon (keyboards) got a Space Invaders theme and the new drummer (he replaced Badd Spellah but I don't remember his name) got Breakout.  They were very gracious and wore the hats on stage even though it was, like, 95 degrees in the bar.

JL, you are awesome.  I've seen Front twice, once when I was visiting New York (great timing...) and once when he came to Lawrence, KS.  I'm still pissed that I missed him on his most recent tour with Optimus Rhyme.  I'd really like to see those guys live.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up