Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Once you been to a few weddings, you realize ain’t nobody gives a damn if you readin’ custom vows or the 1987 “Let’s Go!” guide to Bahrain. Just use that stuff about Do/Don’t and Sickness or Health and you gonna get the job done.  -=RAY=-

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: I live in your message board now. Hi.  (Read 7240 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: I live in your message board now. Hi.
« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2007, 07:53:52 pm »

Hell, I was here for it and I have no idea what it was about.  Just one of those things, I suppose. 

I think it may have caused the very first "*weeps*" post from you, so that's something.
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: I live in your message board now. Hi.
« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2007, 08:37:23 pm »

Then I have a confession to make: I didn't recognize that; I just assumed it.  I mean, what else are you going to do with it?
1. Wear it as a hat
2. Plant a tree on it
3. Hang it on a wall as art
4. Make "placenta prints" with it
5. Practice venipuncture with it (for aspiring phlebotomists)
6. (Take?  Have?  Make?) a facial with it
7. Dress wounds/burns/ulcers with it (presumably on giraffes)

I only made one of those up.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: I live in your message board now. Hi.
« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2007, 11:59:10 pm »

Did you register just to get a birthday thread? 

Suspicion. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

gloomba

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 9
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 63
  • One stomp and he dies . . . . 100 PTS.
    • View Profile
Re: I live in your message board now. Hi.
« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2007, 12:11:21 am »

Did you register just to get a birthday thread? 

Suspicion. 

What?  Moi?  Why, I never!
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: I live in your message board now. Hi.
« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2007, 02:43:08 am »

Also, welcome to the board, gloomba.  Your handle reminds me of my old pal Doomglobe, who nobody liked but me.

Oh no you didn't. I love Doomglobe.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: I live in your message board now. Hi.
« Reply #35 on: August 17, 2007, 03:11:58 am »

Odd.  I had the distinct impression most people thought he displayed trollish tendancies. 

I talked to him frequently on AIM, so perhaps I "got" him a little better than most.  He did tend to have an unusual sense of humor.  Rough chuckles, at times. 

Listen to me all talking about him like he's dead.  It's been years since I've talked to him at all...wonder where he went? 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: I live in your message board now. Hi.
« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2007, 03:44:43 am »

I wasn't around for doomglobe but I can't imagine there are many chuckles rougher than what Bobby spouts and everyone loves him.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: I live in your message board now. Hi.
« Reply #37 on: August 17, 2007, 05:03:10 am »

DG wandered in here a few weeks ago. He hasn't dropped off the face of the . . . globe?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: I live in your message board now. Hi.
« Reply #38 on: August 17, 2007, 05:16:19 am »

As far as I remember I always liked him.  I mean, I don't remember not liking him, so the default is that he's OK.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: I live in your message board now. Hi.
« Reply #39 on: August 17, 2007, 01:04:31 pm »

I liked him too!

Maybe someone should email him and tell him we're all talking about how much we love him. Maybe he'll come back.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: I live in your message board now. Hi.
« Reply #40 on: August 17, 2007, 01:16:10 pm »

I didn't like Obnoxious J, but I liked Doomglobe.

Now NOT TO BE MENTIONED HERE, that's a different story...

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: I live in your message board now. Hi.
« Reply #41 on: August 17, 2007, 01:17:24 pm »

1. Wear it as a hat
2. Plant a tree on it
3. Hang it on a wall as art
4. Make "placenta prints" with it
5. Practice venipuncture with it (for aspiring phlebotomists)
6. (Take?  Have?  Make?) a facial with it
7. Dress wounds/burns/ulcers with it (presumably on giraffes)

I only made one of those up.

You were like the Martha Steward of giraffe placentas, all finding new and clever household uses for them!
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: I live in your message board now. Hi.
« Reply #42 on: August 17, 2007, 04:57:48 pm »

Way, way back in Dumbrella days, doomglobe was searingly mean to me, but I seem to recall jough calling him out on it.  I don't remember the instance, but it was something about him calling me some nasty names.  After that I sort of pussyfooted around him, and he turned out to be a dude of quality so I forgot about it over time.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: I live in your message board now. Hi.
« Reply #43 on: August 17, 2007, 05:15:38 pm »

damn, dude, it is good that you are here. I would like to think that I am, rather than an aging-hipster, some sort of proto-hipster, as, you know, I am 19.

I seem to remember thinking that doomglobe was pretty OK.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: I live in your message board now. Hi.
« Reply #44 on: August 17, 2007, 06:18:52 pm »

You were like the Martha Steward of giraffe placentas, all finding new and clever household uses for them!
Probably more like Heloise.  Although all I did was Google uses for placenta -recipe (we already know that some folks'll eat it).
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up