Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

HIDE YOUR SHAME
by wearing new t-shirts from Word Front Wares. Shroud yourself in pure unadulterated awesome.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: August 20, 2007: Welcome to FiestaMax  (Read 7992 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: August 20, 2007: Welcome to FiestaMax
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2007, 07:21:31 pm »

Heh! Now I don't feel like such a pervert.

Oh, if you ever feel pervy, let me tell you about the latest Harry Potter movie, and what it did to my raging pregnancy hormones. 

It will make you feel better about life.  Even if you are the kind of person who is aroused by the idea of a foot with a vagina in it. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Bimmicus

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 32
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 186
  • Rotten Bastard
    • View Profile
    • SPLUNGE
Re: August 20, 2007: Welcome to FiestaMax
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2007, 07:44:58 pm »

I've never set foot inside a Cold Stone Creamery. And after reading this thread, I never will. For this, I thank you from the bottom of my arteries.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2007, 01:10:03 am by Bimmicus »
Logged
you can't spank the monkey if he's on your back

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: August 20, 2007: Welcome to FiestaMax
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2007, 08:13:00 pm »

Oh, if you ever feel pervy, let me tell you about the latest Harry Potter movie, and what it did to my raging pregnancy hormones. 

It will make you feel better about life.  Even if you are the kind of person who is aroused by the idea of a foot with a vagina in it. 

You might (not) want to look at the 3rd post down then.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: August 20, 2007: Welcome to FiestaMax
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2007, 08:16:56 pm »

You might (not) want to look at the 3rd post down then.

Oh man, Perez Hilton posted the full on nude photos on his blog.  The little boy face on the man body is disturbing and unsexy to me.  Especially the treasure trail.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

gearnest

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 21
    • View Profile
    • Prewar Gibson Banjos
Re: August 20, 2007: Welcome to FiestaMax
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2007, 09:04:50 pm »

Hmmm. . . I don't think "bueno" has a tilde over the "n". . .

 ???
Logged

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: August 20, 2007: Welcome to FiestaMax
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2007, 09:08:12 pm »

Hmmm. . . I don't think "bueno" has a tilde over the "n". . .

gloomba already beat you to it, hoss. I guess you didn't read the rest of the thread.

My favorite part of this strip is the incorrect ñ in "bueno."

Anyway...smells, when did Perez post that entry? I tried Perez's shittay search function but to no avail. The stuff that Perez posts on there...man, some of it is pretty damn scary.
Logged

colmore

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 56
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 379
  • Sorry Mom, Sorry Dad, Sorry College
    • View Profile
Re: August 20, 2007: Welcome to FiestaMax
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2007, 09:56:10 pm »

So this is all just making me glad I tend not to go to chain *anything* and that I alternate my time between a still functional small city with a lot of cheap locally owneds and New York.

This kind of corporate forced whimsey tends to send my dignities right  into the dine-and-dashies.

And re: ordering things at places where the names are all in foreign: if I could pronounce it, I could probably cook it at home, that'll be a number thirty seven with vegetables.
Logged
In Capitalist America, bank robs you!

RMJ12345

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 45
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 381
  • all employing the principles of hopping
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Re: August 20, 2007: Welcome to FiestaMax
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2007, 10:26:53 pm »

Cold Stone depresses me all around.  Aside from the size debacle, if you tip them, they have to sing degrading songs.  This discourages me from tipping, but then that makes me feel bad for not tipping.  Then I start worrying about what kind of circumstances forced them into getting a job where you have to sing for quarters.  A simple excursion to get ice cream becomes a spiral of shame and liberal guilt about my own privilege.  In general I prefer Baskin-Robbins.

I know! I will have a little extra change and put like a nickel in the jar, and then the poor high school waitstaff all look at each other and sing that terrible little song in the saddest voice.

I actually liked this strip. Good character study w/o going overboard.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: August 20, 2007: Welcome to FiestaMax
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2007, 11:37:25 pm »

I know! I will have a little extra change and put like a nickel in the jar, and then the poor high school waitstaff all look at each other and sing that terrible little song in the saddest voice.

Wow. That is so awful. I will also never go to this place. And we have one two blocks from here, so this is not an entirely empty threat.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: August 20, 2007: Welcome to FiestaMax
« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2007, 11:46:52 pm »

I know! I will have a little extra change and put like a nickel in the jar, and then the poor high school waitstaff all look at each other and sing that terrible little song in the saddest voice.

I actually liked this strip. Good character study w/o going overboard.

Whenever I go to Cold Stone, which isn't that often because their stuff is godawful expensive... I always tip. However, I also preemptively say, "You guys don't have to sing" and then I put a dollar in the tip jar.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: August 20, 2007: Welcome to FiestaMax
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2007, 12:11:45 am »

I've never heard this singing. Maybe because I actually know of more Maggie Moos than Cold Stones.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: August 20, 2007: Welcome to FiestaMax
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2007, 01:21:20 am »

I've never been to a Cold Stone, but now that I know that they sing for nickels, I'm so going there just to humiliate the staff.

Can you request which song they sing?

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: August 20, 2007: Welcome to FiestaMax
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2007, 02:01:18 am »

Anyway...smells, when did Perez post that entry? I tried Perez's shittay search function but to no avail. The stuff that Perez posts on there...man, some of it is pretty damn scary.

It was before his board got trashed due to illegally posting photos he didn't have the rights for.  The posts are gone, but here are the NSFW photos for you if you really wish to see them.  Like I said, less sexy, more creepy in my books.  There's a bunch more of them out there, they were all promos for Equus when Radcliffe was performing in it.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2007, 03:17:33 am by side_show »
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: August 20, 2007: Welcome to FiestaMax
« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2007, 03:02:47 am »

I...I want to look...but I'm afraid. 

Pedro is sort of baby-faced, he usually wears a goatee to "old him up" a little but on the rare occasions he goes clean-shaven he would still get carded for cigarettes.  So maybe this will be less traumatic for me than for smells? 

And honestly, it was more the appearance of DR in that white and navy ringer tee than anything else.  I don't know why, it was just...

There's no adjective I can place there without sounding creepy.  Sorry. 

Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: August 20, 2007: Welcome to FiestaMax
« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2007, 03:27:58 am »

There is a full-frontal, uncircumcised, quite hairy c*ck to be seen.  Next too a "sexy" hoss.

In case you don't know Equus is a play that focuses on a teen boy who is in termoil due to his Catholic mother and Atheist pseudo-hoss worshiping father.  The boy get sexual release by riding a hoss naked.  And eventually his sexual guilt, spurred on by his inability to be sexually aroused by a girl he takes to the stable, leads him to blind all the hosss in the stable.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up