Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Wine: Keep a red and a white on hand at all times. When choosing wines on the wine aisle, use this simple rhyme to make your selection: “Closer to the floor, is meant for the poor / closer to the lights, is more like for if Bono comes over.” -=RAY=-

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: get nasty on some Pai Gow Poker at Bellagio  (Read 13893 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: get nasty on some Pai Gow Poker at Bellagio
« Reply #45 on: November 04, 2007, 12:56:07 am »

I would like to go to Reno.  I'm told it's what Vegas was like before Vegas went completely apeshit.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

chuanoplast

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 33
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 234
  • Most Painful Part
    • View Profile
    • Stupid Blog
Re: get nasty on some Pai Gow Poker at Bellagio
« Reply #46 on: November 04, 2007, 05:56:26 am »

I would like to go to Reno.  I'm told it's what Vegas was like before Vegas went completely apeshit.

It's a lot less crazy than Vegas, and if you like outdoor activities, Lake Tahoe is close by. Reno also has a river that is good for kayaking and a fake pond full of assorted waterfowl. If you eat one teaspoonfull of Reno every day, your liver and kidneys will be healthy and your hair will grow full and luxurious.

This message brought to you by the "Visit Reno Instead of Vegas Tourism Board of Washoe County."

Also: their cops are HILARIOUS.

I watched Reno 911 once and it was very confusing because there were lots of shots of Reno, but none of the actual show took place in Reno.
Logged
The most important decision in my life: the rabbit mug or the monkey mug. (PS I GOT THE KITTY MUG)

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: get nasty on some Pai Gow Poker at Bellagio
« Reply #47 on: November 04, 2007, 06:43:05 am »

Reno 911 is actually mostly filmed up in my neck of the woods...

The grungy burnt-out northern suburbs of Los Angeles. Like Sun Valley and shit.

So are The Office and My Name Is Earl. Basically these are the cheapest places to film at where you are still within a reasonable drive of Rich People's Houses in the Hollywood Hills and Santa Monica and The 'Bu.

It was hilarious when The Office was trying to pass off Van Nuys and North Hills as Utica, this week.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: get nasty on some Pai Gow Poker at Bellagio
« Reply #48 on: November 04, 2007, 04:00:03 pm »


It was hilarious when The Office was trying to pass off Van Nuys and North Hills as Utica, this week.

Utica, New York? That must be a challenge. I guess they figure no one knows what Utica looks like and hey, maybe it's a little bit of SoCal in the frozen wastelands?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: get nasty on some Pai Gow Poker at Bellagio
« Reply #49 on: November 04, 2007, 07:51:16 pm »

Actually, they just shot everything REALLY REALLY tightly.

Basically, every shitty business park looks the same and every shitty highway looks the same.

So unless you know BOTH the place they're filming AND the place they're supposed to be, suspension of disbelief covers everything quite nicely.

Problem is, I know both those places. I live in one and grew up a half hour from the other.

I am the perfect storm of rejected suspension.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: get nasty on some Pai Gow Poker at Bellagio
« Reply #50 on: November 05, 2007, 12:37:14 am »

It was hilarious when The Office was trying to pass off Van Nuys and North Hills as Utica, this week.

I have often wondered what Korea really looks like.  Because my current impression is the LA foothills.  My wife is from 'round there, and when her parents were living there and we'd go visiting - the drive in seemed like the opening sequence from M*A*S*H (without the helicopters of course).
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Re: get nasty on some Pai Gow Poker at Bellagio
« Reply #51 on: November 05, 2007, 02:41:57 am »

A surprising number of inhabitable planets across the galaxy look just like those foothills, at least if you watch Star Trek: The Next Generation.

"Captain's Log, Stardate 32034.7: we are in orbit above Santa Clarita."
Logged

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: get nasty on some Pai Gow Poker at Bellagio
« Reply #52 on: November 05, 2007, 02:51:10 am »

I thought all inhabitable planets across time and space were just british quarries with a police box in the middle.
Logged

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: get nasty on some Pai Gow Poker at Bellagio
« Reply #53 on: November 05, 2007, 02:51:38 am »

I realize it's one of the most run-into-the-ground jokes ever, but it astounds me how we could evolve on a totally different planet than everybody else, and yet the only difference we have with most of them is that they have funny ears, ripples on the nose, a hossshoe crab on their head, or a skintone that is still feasible on our planet.

Maybe the Scientologists were right about where we came from after all.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: get nasty on some Pai Gow Poker at Bellagio
« Reply #54 on: November 05, 2007, 03:07:22 am »

Sadly, I am a big enough nerd to tell you that there was an explanation attempted in a Next Generation episode, an explanation to that very question.

Apparently, all of our planets were seeded by the same space-douches billions of years ago.

Lonely space-douches sick of living in an empty universe.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: get nasty on some Pai Gow Poker at Bellagio
« Reply #55 on: November 05, 2007, 03:18:57 am »

Sadly, I am a big enough nerd to tell you that there was an explanation attempted in a Next Generation episode, an explanation to that very question.

Apparently, all of our planets were seeded by the same space-douches billions of years ago.

Lonely space-douches sick of living in an empty universe.

Lonely space-douches who then attempt to conquer the now-populated universe. I don't remember how they were fended off but I think non-linear wormhole ghosts had something to do with it.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: get nasty on some Pai Gow Poker at Bellagio
« Reply #56 on: November 05, 2007, 04:55:20 am »

picard or someone: "hmm, look at this picture of a klingon from back when Kirk was captain of the enterprise. Wait... why didn't you have the head-ridges back then!"
worf: "we don't like to talk about it."
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: get nasty on some Pai Gow Poker at Bellagio
« Reply #57 on: November 05, 2007, 05:26:44 am »

"Enterprise" had an explanation for that one, too, Nev.

There was genetic tampering and a plague and... oh man... it was so convoluted and so bad.

Don't these people get that some parts of stories work BETTER kept mysterious?

Everything has to be explained away in minute detail as continuity porn for the sticklers, doesn't it.

Man, I don't need to know the story of Wolverine as a foppish sickly rich child in the late 1800s, man. Fucks up the whole thing. I had a better story in my own head, you sons of bitches, and so did most interesting people.

Running out of ideas? Explain away magical holes in the story that we've filled with our imaginations, explain them full of marginal ideas just to kind of take up space, like baking soda in cocaine. Assholes and fiends, all of them.

Much as I'm a dork, you can't let the dorks run the show.

Everything falls apart soon after that. PETER DAVID I'M LOOKING AT YOU.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: get nasty on some Pai Gow Poker at Bellagio
« Reply #58 on: November 05, 2007, 05:37:39 am »

Not that I disagree with you in any way shape or form LFM, but you have to consider the media involved.  Comic books and episodic TV.  They've gotta come up with several plots, sub-plots and character quirks each and every month/week.  That's a lot of airtime/page space to fill.  When you spend decades exploring the same "world", you can't be surprised if some barrel scraping, nit-picking, panty-sniffing gets thrown in there.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: get nasty on some Pai Gow Poker at Bellagio
« Reply #59 on: November 05, 2007, 05:54:22 am »

There was panty sniffing on star trek.  Damn I don't remember that at all.

All I remember is that big girl with the black hair.  She was a psychologist or some shit.  Yeah, she was hot.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up