(
thread title source, I am the asker of the Vegas question)
Smells posted elsewhere about her unrequited wish to win a Vespa, and that finally spurred me to post this. See, there's a message board I stop by occasionally for frequent travellers, FF mile junkies and such, and one of their forums is exclusively links to travel-related contests and sweepstakes. If I'm having a slow day, I'll bust through there and enter a bunch of stuff. And so it came to pass that I got a call last week that I'd won a trip for two to Vegas. We ended up buying two more plane tickets out of pocket so we can take the kids, but we figured it was worth it--we'll be staying at Caesars, and godDAMN but those rooms are expensive, so the math works out pretty well.
I am a bit of a Vegas fiend, having been out there eight times, but not since 2003 (the children obviously complicate such things). Normally we like to stay at the Flamingoooooooo, as it's reasonably priced, the rooms are fine, it's a great location, and it's got a fabulous pool. Caesars is right across the street, so that'll be fine.
My only specific gambling plan is to play in a poker tournament, probably a $50 jobby over at Harrahs. I played the $1-$2 beginner game at Excalibur last time out, so it's not like I'm a total Vegas poker virgin, but it'll be taking it up a notch. There's a $120 nightly tournament at Caesars, but frankly I'm scared to play there.
Vegas, baby, Vegas!