Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

this is a messageboard. people talk about stuffs in messageboards. all is well&all is good.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Bicycle! Bicycle!  (Read 10897 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Bicycle! Bicycle!
« on: August 25, 2007, 06:07:18 am »

Sorry for the Freddie Mercury reference in the thread title. Heh.

Anyway, I got a bicycle on Craigslist. It's not the best, but it was $75 and I have something to do besides play on the internets during my long days of funemployment. Now my assbone hurts. I was reminded of this comic; however, thankfully I do not have the sweat problem that the Swedish dudes at LG seemed to have. But damn, does my assbone hurt.

I guess I'll take tomorrow off the saddle, and then try it again on Sunday. I don't want to bruise my damn pubis symphesis and ischium. When I get some more scratch I'll buy a decent saddle that's made for ladies.

Do any of you party people cycle for pleasure or sport?
Logged

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Bicycle! Bicycle!
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2007, 10:09:35 am »

I cycle for transportation.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Bicycle! Bicycle!
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2007, 04:24:05 pm »

I cycle a bit (so does Smick, eh?) and I would advise, if you haven't, to go to a reputable bike shop and make sure it fits you and is correctly adjusted. Lining up correctly with the saddle is huge. (Also, get it serviced in general, but you knew that, or maybe you did that for yourself.)
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Bicycle! Bicycle!
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2007, 05:28:12 pm »

I cycle every day to get to college, barring the transmutation of the local road into a fast flowing watery death trap. It's enjoyable, and the ladies love a well toned arse. As do the men, I am sure.

My bike's all out of goose at the moment, and I need to have a long talk with it sometime soon to sort out the saddle, wheel alignment and such. Hopefully I can raise the funds to chuck it away and get a proper road bike (mine is a mountain, which is useless)
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Bicycle! Bicycle!
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2007, 07:01:56 pm »

i am hopefully renting a bike very soon to get around campus. I enjoy biking. um, I have no idea about saddles and such.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Bicycle! Bicycle!
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2007, 07:46:59 pm »

I cycle a bit (so does Smick, eh?) and I would advise, if you haven't, to go to a reputable bike shop and make sure it fits you and is correctly adjusted. Lining up correctly with the saddle is huge. (Also, get it serviced in general, but you knew that, or maybe you did that for yourself.)

That is an excellent idea. I am going to get it tuned up when I have some money. I can do some extremely basic stuff, but probably not enough as I should.
Logged

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Bicycle! Bicycle!
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2007, 05:02:38 am »

I have to point out, Nab and I live in a city that, if you are not seen on a bicycle at a minimum of once a year you are MURDERED.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Bicycle! Bicycle!
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2007, 02:58:39 pm »

I may be wrong, but I think the pre-requisites for living here are:

Smoker
Tattooed
Drinker
Pierced
Bicyclist

I don't know how many you have to achieve, but tattooed may be make-or-break.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Bicycle! Bicycle!
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2007, 03:17:30 pm »

I may be wrong, but I think the pre-requisites for living here are:

Smoker - I quit a few months ago
Tattooed
Drinker - I will from time to time, but mostly I drive, to support the ladyfriend's habit.
Pierced - 3x Nipple
Bicyclist - Check

I don't know how many you have to achieve, but tattooed may be make-or-break.

Looks like I still need to deflyle the temple.


* - Edited to make a typo BETTER
« Last Edit: August 26, 2007, 03:20:46 pm by smick »
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Bicycle! Bicycle!
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2007, 03:19:22 pm »

Smoker - 20 years, quit oddly enough when I moved to PDX
Tattooed - a couple
Drinker - uh, yeah, some
Pierced - a passel
Bicyclist - as much as I can

I suggest the Mike Tyson facial tattoo for you, smick.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Bicycle! Bicycle!
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2007, 03:32:04 pm »

Damn, and I was planning on moving to Portland.  I have the ones that affect my health (bicycle, smoke, drink) but will never get a tattoo or piercing.  I don't know why really, but I won't. 

Interestingly enough, all the ladies that I have "nailed", to use a parlance of our times, have had at least 3 tattoos (the one I really liked had 7, mainly small) and more than just ear piercings.  (well, there was one that didn't, but we were both like 16-17 and she has at least one tattoo now.  That does not make a good story though.)


Edit:  my state was also one of like 3 that had outlawed tattoos up until like 2 years ago when tattoos became legal.  The cool thing is how it happened.  The law was written as no irremovable body art was legal, or something similar.  Once tattoo removal became fairly common tattoo parlors opened and there was no way of stopping them without making a new law, but since everyone knew it was basically a bad law the conservatives haven't tried anything.

Edit two:   Here is a great song by Jonathan Richman (AugustWest can attest- best small venue concert ever):

Gather around for a minute or two / And I'll admit something to you / I get intrigued when women look sinister / Call me superficial / But I stare at them vampire girls / It's not the mascara, It's not the tight dress / It's a look in the eyes gonna scare you to death / Vampire girl, vampire girl / I get so intrigued when they look like a vampire girl - Does she cook meat, does she cook rice? / Does she do ritual sacrifice? - Vampire girl, vampire girl / I get so intrigued when they look like a vampire girl / Go little vampire girl, go little vampire girl, go little vampire girl, go little vampire girl. / Evil now, scary now, go little vampire girl / Evil now yeah, scary now, yeah yeah / Evil now yeah yeah, scary now, yeah, yeah yeah - Is she in heaven, is she in hell? / Is she a sex industry professional? -  If you fall for the ruse, buddy, I won’t laugh / I believe I’ve fallen for it couple times myself - Here comes one with a serpentine walk / Comin’ up to me, she walks to talk / Hiya, girl, vampire girl / I get so intrigued when they look like a vampire girl / Who’d have predicted? / Who’d have suspected? / She’s not so scary / She’s got all my records.

« Last Edit: August 26, 2007, 04:14:29 pm by KeithHernandez »
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Bicycle! Bicycle!
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2007, 03:53:25 pm »

You could periodically hang vice-grips off your nose.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Bicycle! Bicycle!
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2007, 04:06:39 pm »

You could periodically hang vice-grips off your nose.


No way, my body is a temple buddy. 


Now get the hell out of the way of the mirror.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Bicycle! Bicycle!
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2007, 01:13:33 am »

Have I ever told you people about how I won a brand new, extremely fancy mountain bike by drinking lots of booze? 

I am too tired from camping and worry about the penis in my trunk to do all that typing right now.  I try to remember to come back later and tell you about it.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Bicycle! Bicycle!
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2007, 02:01:49 am »

Don't forget to also tell us about the penis in your trunk!
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up