Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

THIS SPACE FOR RENT
The tip jar is broken, but Wombat will entertain bribe offers, assuming she can find this edit screen again.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: 27th August 2007 - "all punked up on Jupiter oil"  (Read 4905 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Victoria Waterfield

  • Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 336
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 739
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile
27th August 2007 - "all punked up on Jupiter oil"
« on: August 27, 2007, 04:10:59 am »

Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: 27th August 2007 - "all punked up on Jupiter oil"
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2007, 04:53:43 am »

Uh... I do this without court instruction. I just hours ago informed my new roommates of my caustic sense of humor and that they would learn or not learn how to not take me too seriously.

Me: So what are you studying?
roommate: film writing
Me:... well, my taxes support programs for people like you so I guess youre gonna be ok.
roommate: what?
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: 27th August 2007 - "all punked up on Jupiter oil"
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2007, 05:06:07 am »

Tell your roommates that you know an imaginary person on the internet with a degree in film writing and he fetches coffee for people at the age of twenty-eight. Tell them. WARN THEM!

Anyway, you just have to love those glasses with that shirt. Just haveta.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: 27th August 2007 - "all punked up on Jupiter oil"
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2007, 07:11:42 am »

I just... I just don't know if this strip could get any more ho-hum.

iron_felix

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 373
    • View Profile
Re: 27th August 2007 - "all punked up on Jupiter oil"
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2007, 09:08:13 am »

It must have been hard for Chris to follow up Alpo Philippe with something that wasn't disappointing.  I don't know why, but my first thought was that this might be the beginning of a new story arc.  I hope it isn't, but I think the joke may be funnier if you imagine it that way.  It ends like the Cartilage Head arc, with Onstad revealing that it's all actually based on the time he slept with a girl who told him she was eighteen.

I like how, true to all forms of government-issued ID, Lyle looks absolutely nothing like an asshole on his card.  The off-center pic is a perfect finishing touch.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: 27th August 2007 - "all punked up on Jupiter oil"
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2007, 04:03:59 pm »

i_f - that's a great new avatar.

A-CAP, everyday I pause and smile knowing that everyone in my province paid a little tiny bit to allow me to make my art, and that only a tenth of a percentile will ever see it, nevermind enjoy it.  Even better, people in my province are paying for me to write plays that mostly get produced out of province!  Screw you tax payer!  Screw you tax payer!  I suppose I should go door to door telling my neighbours that I'm an asshole now.  It would be a good way to meet everyone, and also I could learn pretty quickly where the nearest meth lab is.  Awesome!
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 27th August 2007 - "all punked up on Jupiter oil"
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2007, 04:39:02 pm »

But you still pay income tax, right Smells? Because you could always move to Ireland and freeload in style.
Logged

Leon

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 32
    • View Profile
Re: 27th August 2007 - "all punked up on Jupiter oil"
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2007, 06:27:25 pm »

i like how in the last panel Lyle is trying hard to stay in character. he doesn't want to disappoint anyone
Logged
... Boned ?

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: 27th August 2007 - "all punked up on Jupiter oil"
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2007, 07:51:16 pm »

But you still pay income tax, right Smells? Because you could always move to Ireland and freeload in style.

I do, on my non-self employed stuff, but as a self-employed artist who works from home (thanks to my accountant genius guy) I get a fat check back every year as I can claim almost all my living expenses.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 27th August 2007 - "all punked up on Jupiter oil"
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2007, 08:28:39 pm »

I do, on my non-self employed stuff, but as a self-employed artist who works from home (thanks to my accountant genius guy) I get a fat check back every year as I can claim almost all my living expenses.

Damn, I wish I was more creative so I could pay like no taxes. And depend on the popularity of my work in the general public for income. Assuming some agent/director/gallery owner/record label even decides to let it reach the public at all. OK, this is already too stressful for me, I'll stick with an office job. Plus, I can't write dialog, am tone deaf, have no concept of composition, &c, &c.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: 27th August 2007 - "all punked up on Jupiter oil"
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2007, 08:49:02 pm »

Hey guys! Smells just created a super-cool new sarcasm kiss. It stings a little when it's planted on you but the aftertaste is awesome and it's like watching fireworks free.

I wish I could claim the "Screw you tax payer!  Screw you tax payer!" as my own, but it is in fact from a Kids in the Hall sketch aired (I think) only on the Canadian version of the second season of the show.  Here's the transcript of the sketch.  It's a pretty enjoyable skit to watch as a Canadian artist.  I do chant it as a slogan fairly often though.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 27th August 2007 - "all punked up on Jupiter oil"
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2007, 09:06:25 pm »

A-CAP a lot of people are reading this and saying "I knew it! I knew it! I knew those shit-smeared Mother Mary paintings were just big ol' Fuck Yous to the American public!"
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: 27th August 2007 - "all punked up on Jupiter oil"
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2007, 09:13:02 pm »

"I knew it! I knew it! I knew those shit-smeared Mother Mary paintings were just big ol' Fuck Yous to the American public!"
You mean they weren't?  Art confuses me, then.
Well, even without that - it confuses me.  Fortunately, this is a state I enjoy.  Senility should be a ball.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: 27th August 2007 - "all punked up on Jupiter oil"
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2007, 12:57:24 am »

I do, on my non-self employed stuff, but as a self-employed artist who works from home (thanks to my accountant genius guy) I get a fat check back every year as I can claim almost all my living expenses.

But you also get that swell Socialized Medicine, too.
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: 27th August 2007 - "all punked up on Jupiter oil"
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2007, 01:03:18 am »

"self-employed" artists and whatever have unions here in the city where they work as a group to get healthcare and other benefits. Not sure how they would work out a strike...
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up