Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Listen, I've been duped by "English-speaking" pizza places before.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: 27th August 2007 - "all punked up on Jupiter oil"  (Read 4903 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: 27th August 2007 - "all punked up on Jupiter oil"
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2007, 01:10:34 am »

Yeah, doesn't seem like you need a union. What that sounds like is more like a government-underwritten co-op. Who is management to balance that relationship? I'm not for unions in the first place, but artists and prostitutes forming a union I really have a problem understanding.
Logged

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: 27th August 2007 - "all punked up on Jupiter oil"
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2007, 05:19:20 am »

"SCREW YOU, TAXPAYER" did make it to the air in the States, though I don't remember if it was on HBO only or Comedy Central as well.

Personally I am devious enough to be a gigantic asshole, but too nice to go through with all my plans.  I still try to maintain an air of obliviousness just in case, because the most infuriating kind of asshole is the one who appears to not know it.  This means you can't be an asshole back.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

colmore

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 56
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 379
  • Sorry Mom, Sorry Dad, Sorry College
    • View Profile
Re: 27th August 2007 - "all punked up on Jupiter oil"
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2007, 05:43:03 am »

Eh, I'm not too fond of the "hey of course I'm acting like this, I'm an *asshole*" type either... my general response is "hey, I'm going to try to avoid you."

One can be selgiraffe from time to time, and in fact one really must, otherwise you get walked on... and always apologizing and trying to do favors is having low self-esteem, not being nice. However, taking the attitude that civility and ethics don't apply to you and that the way your actions and inactions affect others doesn't matter isn't a cute personality trait no matter how you guss it up.
Logged
In Capitalist America, bank robs you!

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 27th August 2007 - "all punked up on Jupiter oil"
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2007, 06:02:44 am »

in a vaguely related matter, I was informed today that I am "Anal." Several of my friends here have agreed on this. Bizarrely, several friends from home have laughed and thought I was joking.
Hmm.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: 27th August 2007 - "all punked up on Jupiter oil"
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2007, 06:07:28 am »

in a vaguely related matter, I was informed today that I am "Anal." Several of my friends here have agreed on this. Bizarrely, several friends from home have laughed and thought I was joking.
Hmm.
When people try to describe me as such, I invite them into my office.  Not to abuse them, mind you - just to point out that a truly anal person would go insane in my space.  I live by the "clean desk is a sign of a sick mind" motto.

A couple of times, people have said this as a compliment.  Since they were born and raised in China however, I think there's somehow a loss in translation going on.  They know it means "fond of order", or "precise" but not the Freudian arrested development bit.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 27th August 2007 - "all punked up on Jupiter oil"
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2007, 06:16:01 am »

yeah. I think they mean it more in the sense of being Uptight.

The situation was that I was trying to figure out how to copy CDs from the radio station in a non-crass way. I know that they don't care, but I still feel like it is Lame.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Drastic Action

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 29
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 194
  • Zounds!
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: 27th August 2007 - "all punked up on Jupiter oil"
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2007, 08:28:06 am »

"Good, good. I no'a like'a the jerks. When I am younger, sure, ok, but not so much now."
Logged
~

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: 27th August 2007 - "all punked up on Jupiter oil"
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2007, 09:50:34 am »

I pay all of my taxes.

Fuck bitching about the poor---my tax dollars are buying your roads.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: 27th August 2007 - "all punked up on Jupiter oil"
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2007, 10:07:59 am »

I pay all of my taxes.

Fuck bitching about the poor---my tax dollars are buying your roads.

And with that, KH has defined my stand on politics.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 27th August 2007 - "all punked up on Jupiter oil"
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2007, 02:18:53 pm »

Quote
"Good, good. I no'a like'a the jerks. When I am younger, sure, ok, but not so much now."
I just posted almost this quote in a different thread. I think we are internet-married now?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

colmore

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 56
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 379
  • Sorry Mom, Sorry Dad, Sorry College
    • View Profile
Re: 27th August 2007 - "all punked up on Jupiter oil"
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2007, 07:08:37 pm »

I think all of our taxes are paying for old people's votes (and health or whatever...), decades of deficit spending, and the Military contractors' continued multi-billions.  Oh, and kickbacks to developers, on the more local level.  We're taxed at nearly the rate of socialist countries in America, but with almost none of the benefits.  I wonder if we culturally abhor efficient government too much for it to ever be spent well.
Logged
In Capitalist America, bank robs you!

Drastic Action

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 29
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 194
  • Zounds!
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: 27th August 2007 - "all punked up on Jupiter oil"
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2007, 01:15:43 am »

I just posted almost this quote in a different thread. I think we are internet-married now?

I am already internet-married to someone in Ecuador, so we would have to keep it secret.
Logged
~
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up