Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood The bus is crossing Klickitat St., home of Ramona Quimby. It's pretty swank these days. No sign of Nosmo King.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Fridge contents?  (Read 7383 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Fridge contents?
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2007, 05:36:44 pm »

The cheapest, cheesiest frige thermometer ever.

I hereby dub this Chester the thermometer. It isn't easy, bein' cheesy.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Fridge contents?
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2007, 06:09:50 pm »

What's wrong with Gulden's mustard?!
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Fridge contents?
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2007, 07:02:36 pm »

To my credit:  I live in a 3.2% alcohol state, which means (various things).

I'm going to prefer to think that it means the State expects you to walk around with 3.2% blood alcohol content, and no petty, niggling facts you folks might bring up will convince me differently.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Fridge contents?
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2007, 10:28:26 pm »

Hmm, if its .032%, then a 160lb male would need to maintain an average intake of 3 dry martinis per 4.5 hours to remain legal.  That would indeed be a pleasant state.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Fridge contents?
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2007, 11:18:09 pm »

Hmm, if its .032%, then a 160lb male would need to maintain an average intake of 3 dry martinis per 4.5 hours to remain legal.  That would indeed be a pleasant state.

Nice work, pedant. I said 3.2%, and that's what I'm sticking with.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

nDed

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 34
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 292
    • View Profile
Re: Fridge contents?
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2007, 11:34:01 pm »

Man, I don't even have a fridge.
Logged
Love never blows up and gets killed.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Fridge contents?
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2007, 03:35:04 am »

Damn, gloomba, you got a defective pancreas or what?

Nabu, all my friends from other states just get all incredulous when I try to explain 3.2% beer. Stupid ass blue laws. Their eyes get all big and their lower lip gets all wobbly as they try to wrap their minds around the concept: "Y'mean...they FORCE retailers to sell watered-down beer??"

"Yes, Virginia, and 3.2 is the only kind you can buy at a grocery store or gas station. If you want liquor you have to go to a separate liquor store."
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Fridge contents?
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2007, 04:10:05 am »

Damn, gloomba, you got a defective pancreas or what?

Nabu, all my friends from other states just get all incredulous when I try to explain 3.2% beer. Stupid ass blue laws. Their eyes get all big and their lower lip gets all wobbly as they try to wrap their minds around the concept: "Y'mean...they FORCE retailers to sell watered-down beer??"

"Yes, Virginia, and 3.2 is the only kind you can buy at a grocery store or gas station. If you want liquor you have to go to a separate liquor store."

This is fucked. Its time for the revolution.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Fridge contents?
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2007, 04:46:59 am »

I too have experienced the effects of legislated morality in the form of watered-down beer. When I was stationed in Oklahoma for a short time, it was all that was available to drink. Along with the horrible strip clubs that were the height of entertainment in Lawton, OK left a bad taste in my mouth.

"If we can't stop them from drinking, then by God we'll make them drink more, so we can tax it." - Imaginary Oklahomean(?) legislator. (has a large mustache)
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Fridge contents?
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2007, 04:50:00 am »

On the flip side of this, though, were those lovely nights at college when we got our hands on Molson XXX.

Oh, Canada, if only we were as drunk as you we'd be all mellow and get everyone free health care and then... like... when we were pissed off and hung over the next day, we'd just beat each other with sticks while skating!

If we broke some legs? Who cares?

Free health care.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Fridge contents?
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2007, 04:52:49 am »

Man, I don't even have a fridge.

What the hell do you keep your food in??

This is fucked. Its time for the revolution.

Yes. YES!!!

I too have experienced the effects of legislated morality in the form of watered-down beer. When I was stationed in Oklahoma for a short time, it was all that was available to drink. Along with the horrible strip clubs that were the height of entertainment in Lawton, OK left a bad taste in my mouth.

"If we can't stop them from drinking, then by God we'll make them drink more, so we can tax it." - Imaginary Oklahomean(?) legislator. (has a large mustache)

Hehehehe... the imaginary mustache. Tiny can. Legislated morality is teh suck. Legislator, tell you whut: Folks still get drunk on 3.2 beer, they just drink more of it.

On the flip side of this, though, were those lovely nights at college when we got our hands on Molson XXX.

Oh, Canada, if only we were as drunk as you we'd be all mellow and get everyone free health care and then... like... when we were pissed off and hung over the next day, we'd just beat each other with sticks while skating!

If we broke some legs? Who cares?

Free health care.

Hee... O Canada, Our Home And Native Laaaand...
Logged

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: Fridge contents?
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2007, 05:14:55 am »

Good things:

1. Half a bottle of diet peach soda that I bought for someone, once
2. The raw materials for just about any tasty mexican food type
3. Milton's whole grain bread
4. Better than Bullion (chicken - the beef has not been opened yet)
5. Dale's Seasoning

Shameful things:
1. Pre-minced garlic in a jar (I am lazy)
2. Store-brand no-cholesterol eggs
3. Stew meat (frozen) that I bought in April
4. Edamame (frozen) that I never wanted but bought anyway
5. Tyson buffalo-style chicken tenders
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Fridge contents?
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2007, 01:18:36 pm »

I love me some frozen edamame. I used to get fresh but it comes in like 3 lb containers and I could never stir fry it all before it went bad.
Logged

nDed

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 34
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 292
    • View Profile
Re: Fridge contents?
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2007, 02:26:11 pm »

What the hell do you keep your food in??

Well, I don't own a fridge, but there's a communal fridge in the basement. I'm at college, by the way.
Logged
Love never blows up and gets killed.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Fridge contents?
« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2007, 01:42:24 am »

I love me some frozen edamame. I used to get fresh but it comes in like 3 lb containers and I could never stir fry it all before it went bad.

Stirfry it? Is that the only way you eat it?
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up