Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

TERRIBLE!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: fuck*ng Comcast Killed Roast Beef! (10-16-03)  (Read 9682 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
fuck*ng Comcast Killed Roast Beef! (10-16-03)
« on: October 16, 2003, 10:57:42 am »

I too know the pain of Comcast's cable modem going down, as it does so as often as a Thai whore.

Who among us hasn't felt that junkie's twinge of nervousness when they were away from e-mail, the internet, and dare I say it?, this board, for more than a few hours.

Hell, I wake up in a nervous sweat due to what I'm missing while I SLEEP.

Yes, that silver bullet to the head is the only way, my friends...

the only way...

Strip.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 10:49:23 am by Nabubrush »
Logged

captainimpossibles

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 17
    • View Profile
fuck*ng Comcast Killed Roast Beef! - 16 October 2003
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2003, 11:14:36 am »

Only if you're a god-damned warewolf.
Logged

FeeReep

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 109
    • View Profile
fuck*ng Comcast Killed Roast Beef! - 16 October 2003
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2003, 11:28:19 am »

"Ware"wolf? Is this more computer slang that shoots over my head like ping-pong balls from a Thai whore?

Your post beat the strip today, jough. Oh, and fuck Comcast.
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
fuck*ng Comcast Killed Roast Beef! - 16 October 2003
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2003, 11:36:53 am »

Comcast... They be the American BT? They sure sound it.

Oh, and is today like, Thai Whore day or something?
Am I supposed to run out and find one?
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
fuck*ng Comcast Killed Roast Beef! - 16 October 2003
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2003, 11:38:55 am »

Ok, who was supposed to send slink the memo?
Logged
goose means greedy

FeeReep

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 109
    • View Profile
fuck*ng Comcast Killed Roast Beef! - 16 October 2003
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2003, 11:40:18 am »

D'oh.
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: fuck*ng Comcast Killed Roast Beef! - 16 October 2003
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2003, 12:27:58 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
I too know the pain of Comcast's cable modem going down, as it does so as often as a Thai whore.

Who among us hasn't felt that junkie's twinge of nervousness when they were away from e-mail, the internet, and dare I say it?, this board, for more than a few hours.

Hell, I wake up in a nervous sweat due to what I'm missing while I SLEEP.

Yes, that silver bullet to the head is the only way, my friends...

the only way...


Wasn't Beef supposed to have a bullet in his spine anyway? Doesn't that give him a passable internet connection through his MIND?
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
fuck*ng Comcast Killed Roast Beef! - 16 October 2003
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2003, 12:35:58 pm »

Beef's supposed to have an entire Aibo in his spine. But I'm guessing he either uses 802.11g or Bluetooth to his machine or the router.
I mean he still needs some sort of hardwire connection to the Net somewhere.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
fuck*ng Comcast Killed Roast Beef! - 16 October 2003
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2003, 12:58:01 pm »

Quote from: "slink"
Comcast... They be the American BT? They sure sound it.


They're one of the 3 largest cable TV monopolies over hear. So a lot of people have no choice but to use them for cable internet as well. Their TV prices/reception/equipment sucks compared to a dish but for a lot of people there are no options.

Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
Wasn't Beef supposed to have a bullet in his spine anyway? Doesn't that give him a passable internet connection through his MIND?


It did say passable. So I'm thinking it's like using a cell phone or something. He can like read e-mail and stuff but wouldn't want to really surf.

I'm trying to figure out the sites. I see ebay, toothpaste for dinner, the onion, the drudge report (!), slashdot, imbd, yahoo news, k10k (?), paypal, leisuretown (?), and possible hot or not.
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
fuck*ng Comcast Killed Roast Beef! - 16 October 2003
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2003, 01:05:57 pm »

And, Fortean times, Cnet, and Suicide Girls.
So, Beef digs goth chicks.
Damn I am him...
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
fuck*ng Comcast Killed Roast Beef! - 16 October 2003
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2003, 02:15:18 pm »

Quote from: "slink"
And, Fortean times, Cnet, and Suicide Girls.
So, Beef digs goth chicks.
Damn I am him...


It's funny. I actually run a goth industrial night in D.C. (http://www.chiaroscuro-dc.com) -- repeated exposure to that genre totally kills the attraction. Goth women are sexy until they open their mouths :(
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
fuck*ng Comcast Killed Roast Beef! - 16 October 2003
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2003, 02:50:10 pm »

Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"

It's funny. I actually run a goth industrial night in D.C. (http://www.chiaroscuro-dc.com) -- repeated exposure to that genre totally kills the attraction. Goth women are sexy until they open their mouths :(


Generally very, very true.
And I'm nore, per se attracted to goths. It's... well very complicated like every other aspect of my personality.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

bluebird_of_unhappiness

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 48
    • View Profile
fuck*ng Comcast Killed Roast Beef! - 16 October 2003
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2003, 03:14:13 pm »

'Doctor comes in
he's seen it before'

Gotta love the lack of punctuation.  It's so Beef.
Logged
Who is fat?  Me (I am).

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
fuck*ng Comcast Killed Roast Beef! - 16 October 2003
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2003, 04:23:16 pm »

I'm going to a film festival next weekend and I'm hoping I can sneak up and use one of the university's computers to at least check my mail.

And I just saw a bunch of goths in their Sunday best at the Ren Fest last weekend. But did any of them have badass claws like I did? No, they did not.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
fuck*ng Comcast Killed Roast Beef! - 16 October 2003
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2003, 04:32:08 pm »

I once worked for a broadband company that was sold to another company and this resulted in outages that lasted up to three weeks for some customers.  I can not possibly explain the freakouts I heard from those people.  It was crazy - like I'd taken their first born child and fed it to a pack of rabid dogs or something.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up