Kwuttar, kattar, I aint really sure how to say it myself. I usually just refer to it as "the desert".
Linnea, here you go:
http://picasaweb.google.com/mattdavies/. Some pictures, complete with insanely witty title. They're all out of the city though. I've been meaning to get some of it, but at the moment it's painfully hot outside. Considering I hate the heat I'm living in just the place for it, it's pushing 50 degrees here some days. You're lucky not having been here, it's appallingly crap. At least for any length of time longer than, say, half a day. But if mind-numbing tediousness, horrible climate and mostly awful people is your idea of a good time, you'll love it.
Gloomba, that is awesome. Gloomba! Colour me impressed. I couldn't really talk about linguistics even if I wanted to though, as I'm fairly clueless about it. I could try, but i'd just offend you intellectual types with my ignorance. Linguinorance?
I'll just stick to plain Matt, then.. Mavies is all fine and dandy 'til I forget thats what I've called myself and stop answering to it. I get confused enough when people call me Matthew. I'd still tip if I had a paypal account. Or even a credit card at all.
You wouldn't want to eat me, there's practically nothing there to eat. Be lucky to get a mouthful before you were chewing bone. Plus, all them chip butties've probably made me all bland and starchy. Milk'd be no good, try some gravy maybe?
I shall not be a jerk! At least, not intentionally. And not unless you're also a jerk. I think i can put up with a little strange if you can put up with a little jerk?
(And Doc, no worries. My (other) bone is my own business. I'd charge you for pictures, or at least make you take me out for dinner first)