Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Chris waited all day for the Comcast repair guy, and he never showed up. What is he supposed to do with this cream pie?

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: 4 September 2007 - Do you fancy some Burger King?  (Read 12956 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Re: 4 September 2007 - Do you fancy some Burger King?
« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2007, 02:28:04 pm »

I just did that Google search out of curiosity, and it wasn't so bad as you make it sound. There were some boobs, sure, and a (clothed) elderly woman, and some ladies double penetrating their pu$$ys. But that was all.
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.

RMJ12345

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 45
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 381
  • all employing the principles of hopping
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Re: 4 September 2007 - Do you fancy some Burger King?
« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2007, 05:03:06 pm »

One thing that bugged all the way through the HP books was Rowlings' ham-fisted manner of describing her straw-man villain-types. The Dursleys are always "piggish", and we're constantly reminded that Umbridge looks like a toad. Fine, fine, there's a big neon sign over their heads that says "HATE THIS PERSON." We get it, already.

QFT. I just didn't notice it as much in the HP series. And I really don't think she was THAT bad with the adjectives.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 4 September 2007 - Do you fancy some Burger King?
« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2007, 05:11:50 pm »

I thought this about Homer, too, but apparently it is OK when an old greek guy does it (I am not being facetious or sarcastic, I actually brought this up to my english teacher in 8th grade)

In the Fagles translations he explains the likely reason that each character repetitive descriptors was to make it easier to memorize and retell the story. The major characters had 2 or 3 and he just used whichever one fit the meter of that particular line.

But swift footed Achilles does get old after a while.
Logged

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: 4 September 2007 - Do you fancy some Burger King?
« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2007, 06:00:17 pm »

today, my friend needed a graphic for something.
she typed into Google Image Search, I shit you not, "amateur night."
I screamed "NOOOOO!" but she had already hit enter.

That is like poetry, dude. The poetry of typing weird shit into Google.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: 4 September 2007 - Do you fancy some Burger King?
« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2007, 06:14:28 pm »

One time I discovered -- through the miracle of auto-complete -- that someone had used my computer to Google the phrase, "spider-man boobs." 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: 4 September 2007 - Do you fancy some Burger King?
« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2007, 06:46:28 pm »

Bringing everything we've been talking about the last few weeks full circle...

Searching this on Deviantart, I found this...

EDIT: Uhm... apparently the board's filters won't let me post this URL, something keeps getting turned into "cock".

Suffice to say, there is someone in the world who gets off on drawing male superheroes as pregnant teenage girls.

http://frontios.deviantart.cock-in-Black-Spider-54725886

EDITX2: B-a-c-k translates to cock? Oh man. Discussing Michael J Fox's career should be interesting from now on.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2007, 06:56:20 pm by littlefallsmets »
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: 4 September 2007 - Do you fancy some Burger King?
« Reply #36 on: September 05, 2007, 07:44:49 pm »

Bringing everything we've been talking about the last few weeks full circle...

Searching this on Deviantart, I found this...

EDIT: Uhm... apparently the board's filters won't let me post this URL, something keeps getting turned into "cock".

Suffice to say, there is someone in the world who gets off on drawing male superheroes as pregnant teenage girls.

http://frontios.deviantart.cock-in-Black-Spider-54725886

EDITX2: B-a-c-k translates to cock? Oh man. Discussing Michael J Fox's career should be interesting from now on.

Something inside me just died when I viewed that deviantart page.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: 4 September 2007 - Do you fancy some Burger King?
« Reply #37 on: September 05, 2007, 09:18:55 pm »

Basically, when I say that one of my favourite things in the world to do is to c-h-e-c-k out pornography that in no way interests me sexually but is comically interesting as hell, I am talking about these kinds of things.

People who want to be were-ducks or cyborgs or to fuck ladies who are invisible or... people who want to turn boy superheroes into pregnant ladies, in this example... or want to stretch like silly putty for sexual purposes or just really get off on seeing feet go into food or masturbate to cartoon animals non-sexually eating each other or... you know... go wild.

After Andy Kaufman and MST3K, this is the third funniest thing of all time to me, fetishes that make no logical sense and yet there they are and people are sexualizing the hell out of them.

At least in terms of repeatability of comedy, y'know.

The Book of Revelations is probably THE funniest thing ever written but it gets depressing when you remember that actual people believe it and want it to happen in their lifetimes and so on.

EDIT: I see we will be using a lot of dashes from here on out.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: 4 September 2007 - Do you fancy some Burger King?
« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2007, 09:27:25 pm »

Basically, when I say that one of my favourite things in the world to do is to c-h-e-c-k out pornography that in no way interests me sexually but is comically interesting as hell, I am talking about these kinds of things.

....

EDIT: I see we will be using a lot of dashes from here on out.

And risking the pimp hand?  We may be on course for getting "the" filtered.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: 4 September 2007 - Do you fancy some Burger King?
« Reply #39 on: September 05, 2007, 09:40:07 pm »

I remember, as a youngling on Usenet, hearing third- or fourth-hand about a man who had a fetish for burning loafers.

Then, as now, I've had a very simple question: how does one realize you're into that kind of thing? "Oh, my god, I just dropped my lighter on my foot! My shoe's on -- oh, god, I have THE BIGGEST BONER"
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: 4 September 2007 - Do you fancy some Burger King?
« Reply #40 on: September 05, 2007, 09:45:55 pm »

Do fetishes exist before you know about them?  Maybe we all have some sort of extreme kink that fortune has not yet allowed us to stumble across.  Get experimenting people!
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: 4 September 2007 - Do you fancy some Burger King?
« Reply #41 on: September 05, 2007, 09:51:36 pm »

Fetishes can neither be created nor destroyed, they are merely awesome.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: 4 September 2007 - Do you fancy some Burger King?
« Reply #42 on: September 05, 2007, 09:55:18 pm »

I wouldnt be suprised if half the people at A-CAP have this site as their homepage.
NSFW http://www.mukiskitchen.com/home.html
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 4 September 2007 - Do you fancy some Burger King?
« Reply #43 on: September 05, 2007, 11:48:18 pm »

Quote
In the Fagles translations he explains the likely reason that each character repetitive descriptors was to make it easier to memorize and retell the story. The major characters had 2 or 3 and he just used whichever one fit the meter of that particular line.

yeah, that was why it was funny that I brought it up to my teacher.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

RMJ12345

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 45
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 381
  • all employing the principles of hopping
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Re: 4 September 2007 - Do you fancy some Burger King?
« Reply #44 on: September 06, 2007, 12:56:44 am »

Do fetishes exist before you know about them?  Maybe we all have some sort of extreme kink that fortune has not yet allowed us to stumble across.  Get experimenting people!

I know it's probably not rad to quote Questionable Content on this board, but: <a href="http://questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=715#>Quantum Fetish Mechanics states that the act of thinking up a fetish causes it to exist.[/url]

QC is lame now, but I read it every day.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up