Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Chris Onstad does not wear makeup. Life hasn't given him any funny ideas about who he is.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Kawlidj Futte-bawl  (Read 18487 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: Kawlidj Futte-bawl
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2007, 04:29:29 am »

I am an Auburn alumnus.  You do not need to tell me that the BCS is fucked.  I know this already.



Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Kawlidj Futte-bawl
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2007, 02:06:29 pm »

Likewise. And the rankings are absurd.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Kawlidj Futte-bawl
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2007, 05:04:22 pm »

Basically, the only things holding college football back from a playoff are...

The money guys behind the bowls fearing that change will make them less profitable and the conference guys afraid that sane open competition will take away the arbitrary power of this conference or that.

Eight team playoff, take the four BCS bowls rotate them through the playoffs, every year one of them gets the final, two of them get the semifinal and one of them gets whichever of the quarterfinals they decide is the most interesting television draw... the other three quarterfinals go permanently to the three second-tier bowls with the longest traditions or whatever.

Quarterfinals Christmas week, semis the "traditional" New Years week, the final the week after that.

The six BCS conference champions get six spots, the next best two teams get the other two spots.

All the other crap bowls can still be the consolation games they've been since the BCS started to begin with.

Real. Real. Easy.

Except for the money.

Of course none of this applies to me as a 'Cuse alum as they are the worst team in the least-major of the major conferences.

They ain't goin' nowhere.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Kawlidj Futte-bawl
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2007, 11:08:56 pm »

The worst thing about the polls is that they are, themselves, based on preseason polls, which are just guesses.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Kawlidj Futte-bawl
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2007, 04:54:15 am »

Fuck me I am in an airport bar and I am, god help me, watching UCLA playing WSU. No such game this weekend, you say? No, I ma watch Mike Riley coaching the worst fuck*ng player ever to happen to the Bolts - Ryan fuck*ng Leaf. Jesus. I might as well start drinking Jaeger and Calmato.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Kawlidj Futte-bawl
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2007, 05:23:29 am »

Fuck me I am in an airport bar and I am, god help me, watching UCLA playing WSU. No such game this weekend, you say? No, I ma watch Mike Riley coaching the worst fuck*ng player ever to happen to the Bolts - Ryan fuck*ng Leaf. Jesus. I might as well start drinking Jaeger and Calmato.
Not to rub too much salt in, but you have to admit, as train wrecks go he was even better than Todd Marinovich.  (Who, incidentally, got busted a few days ago for resisting arrest while - I kid you not - skateboarding illegally.  His resistance might have had something to do with the syringe full of meth he was carrying.)
Edit:  I take it back.  On further reflection Leaf isn't as spectacular a train wreck as Marinovich.  He doesn't even excel at sucking.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Kawlidj Futte-bawl
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2007, 05:26:42 am »

He couldn't even give us the pleasure of that, because he is now a reasonably successful college football and golf coach. I want the crank addict skate-boarder! Plus, Marinovich didn't cost anywhere near as much.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Kawlidj Futte-bawl
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2007, 08:03:32 pm »

Jaeger and Calmato.

My head got all swimmy, and my eyes teared up when I read that.  It's like my soul could taste the concept.  When foodies go to hell, they're served fennel and anise stuffed oysters, sauteed in a licorice bridge mix roux.  It goes well with a chilled cough syrup.
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Kawlidj Futte-bawl
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2007, 08:07:13 pm »

I might as well start drinking Jaeger and Calmato.

i seriously felt ill after i read this. so ill i ate a maalox.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Kawlidj Futte-bawl
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2007, 08:35:09 pm »

My head got all swimmy, and my eyes teared up when I read that.  It's like my soul could taste the concept.  When foodies go to hell, they're served fennel and anise stuffed oysters, sauteed in a licorice bridge mix roux.  It goes well with a chilled cough syrup.

I thought that in hell foodies just ate at the Cheesecake Factory and Olive Garden. And Ranch 1 for lunch.
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Kawlidj Futte-bawl
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2007, 08:39:01 pm »

I thought that in hell foodies just ate at the Cheesecake Factory and Olive Garden. And Ranch 1 for lunch.

the fuck you got against the cheesecake factory? that place is on point.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Kawlidj Futte-bawl
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2007, 08:53:28 pm »

I know many foodies that consider Arbys to be the worst food on Earth but, like, to be honest, I find it to be slightly better than most fast-food. Basically crude gut-filler and I don't wanna know what the hell is in it but usually better than other fast food equivs.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Kawlidj Futte-bawl
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2007, 09:48:42 pm »

the fuck you got against the cheesecake factory? that place is on point.
They have awesome cheesecake. Aside from that, they have a huge, terrible menu full of mediocre food.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Kawlidj Futte-bawl
« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2007, 09:58:08 pm »

They have awesome cheesecake. Aside from that, they have a huge, terrible menu full of mediocre food.

And I don't like cheesecake. Plus there's always people waiting outside, even when the mom-n-pop restaurant around the corner has free tables from which to enjoy their much tastier food.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Kawlidj Futte-bawl
« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2007, 01:18:25 am »

Go ahead and continue to take this topic on walkabout, because the Broncos got beat by Washington today, so their season is just as over as Michigan's.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up